The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

PGDipEd 2015-2016 - University of Birmingham

Hi all

I'm going to be starting the PGDipEd at Birmingham in September 2015 in secondary English.

Is anyone else still sorting accommodation? I'm thinking that living with others on the same course is the best way to go

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I'm going to be starting the History DipEd in September and am having the same thoughts on accommodation. I'm coming from Bristol and don't have a great idea of where to live, but I totally agree that living with other 'DipEd-ers' seems the best way to go.

Have you had any luck so far?

x
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Hi girls, I'm starting the PGdiped in September but I'm doing early years. I'm also thinking that living with with others doing the PGdiped is the best way to go. Haven't found anyone else doing early years or primary yet but I've got a friend doing secondary geography who is also looking for people to live with. Have either of you had any luck yet? I have no idea where to start x
Original post by RachelCo
Hi girls, I'm starting the PGdiped in September but I'm doing early years. I'm also thinking that living with with others doing the PGdiped is the best way to go. Haven't found anyone else doing early years or primary yet but I've got a friend doing secondary geography who is also looking for people to live with. Have either of you had any luck yet? I have no idea where to start x

Hi Rachel,

Well I've currently got a group together on fb, who are all doing the PGDipEd in secondary history and looking to sort out housing for it. If you'd like I'd be more than happy to add yourself, and your friend, to the group and see if we can organise something? There's probably enough of us to do a few houses, and I've found it's been helpful to be in contact with people at this stage, and know that you're not the only one sorting this out.

x
Reply 4
Thanks Anna, how did you find those who were doing secondary history? Id like to find some people doing primary or early years too. X
Well we 'found eachother' through a Facebook group that the staff of our course had set up for the year before us, so we were all just added to that and made contact from there. Maybe it's worth contacting your course to see if they're willing to do something similar? I assume they'll have all the contact details by now.
x
Reply 6
Oh ok, that's good of them. I'll get in touch. Thanks for you help x
Reply 7

Hi, I am going to be doing the Primary PGDipEd in September and am wondering about accommodation as I haven't seen anything on facebook when I have looked either :frown: Would you let me know if you find anyone else/if you have any ideas about what to do? It is the one thing I have started to worry about! x
Reply 8
Hi,

I'm starting the PGDipEd Geography at Birmingham in September. I'm from Birmingham originally so I'm planning on living at home but be good to know anyone else doing pgdiped / geography in sept! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by JoPo94
Hi, I am going to be doing the Primary PGDipEd in September and am wondering about accommodation as I haven't seen anything on facebook when I have looked either :frown: Would you let me know if you find anyone else/if you have any ideas about what to do? It is the one thing I have started to worry about! x

Hi Jo, I'm starting to worry about it as well as time is going so fast September will be here before we know it! Maybe we could start a Facebook group of our own? I've got a friend who's looking too so there's three of us so that's a start. X
Reply 10
Original post by Anna McOmish
Hey,

I'm going to be starting the History DipEd in September and am having the same thoughts on accommodation. I'm coming from Bristol and don't have a great idea of where to live, but I totally agree that living with other 'DipEd-ers' seems the best way to go.

Have you had any luck so far?

x

Hi,
sorry for my delayed reply, so glad i've found some DipEders :smile: I've been looking at a few places but i was hoping to actually get a group together first? How's the search going on your end?
Hey, That's ok, don't worry about it. I've actually grouped together 5 or so of us History DipEders and we're looking over some houses next weekend I think. What I would say is that there seems to be LOTS of properties still on the market, in good areas of Birmingham, particularly for the uni. It doesn't seem to me that there's any reason to worry yet.
Maybe you can ask your course if they're willing to help put English DipEders in contact if you're wanting to live with people doing the same? The Uni seems pretty good so far.
x
Reply 12
Hi Jo, I'm starting to worry about it as well as time is going so fast September will be here before we know it! Maybe we could start a Facebook group of our own? I've got a friend who's looking too so there's three of us so that's a start. X

I am tempted to start up a page, it was the first place I looked to see if I could find people, so I guess others would find it too? :smile: And it would make looking for houses and sorting that side of things easier :smile:
Reply 13
Thanks for the suggestion Anna.

I think starting a fb page is our best shot as well, having it open to all subjects would make it easier, we can't be the only ones sorting accommodation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by JoPo94
I am tempted to start up a page, it was the first place I looked to see if I could find people, so I guess others would find it too? :smile: And it would make looking for houses and sorting that side of things easier :smile:

I started a Facebook group today called 'PgDipEd 2015/2016 Birmingham University' join it! There's only two of us so far but hoping others will be searching for a group and will join. I've seen some houses on the university website that look ok and still have rooms available so we could have a look at them if you wanted. :smile: x
Reply 15
I started a Facebook group today called 'PgDipEd 2015/2016 Birmingham University' join it! There's only two of us so far but hoping others will be searching for a group and will join. I've seen some houses on the university website that look ok and still have rooms available so we could have a look at them if you wanted. :smile: x

That's awesome.

For some reason it doesn't seem to come up when I search :confused: could you post the link by any chance?
Reply 16
Original post by Itslilika
That's awesome.

For some reason it doesn't seem to come up when I search :confused: could you post the link by any chance?

Doesn't it :/ I'm not sure why but here's the link hope it works!x

https://m.facebook.com/groups/464549790369566
Reply 17
I haven't been on here for a while, so only just seen this thread! I'm going to do PGDipEd Primary (if I can get a 2.1!!) :biggrin:
Hey,

Just wanted to see if any of you lot are still looking for a place in Birmingham?

I ask as one of the girls from my house has had to drop out for personal reasons, and we'd really like to have her room go to another PGDipEd-er? The house is really well located; in Selly Oak, 6min walk from the station, loads of shops, restaurants, supermarkets etc are a few mins walk away on Bristol road, its 25min walk from the uni campus AND a 16min walk from Cadbury World (if that doesn't sell it, I don't know what will). It's £312pppm, and it's management owned, rather than a landlord, so it's much easier to get things looked into and it's already well looked after. Three of the five of us went to see it, and it's all in good shape.

If this is of interest, or you know someone at a post-grad/masters level looking, let me know :smile:.

x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending