The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 6GP03 June 2015 Topic B: Introducing Political Ideologies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
Can any of you guys help with the 15 markers, exam technique?

How do you tackle the question?

The way I've been taught is 2 large paragraphs or 3 medium paragraphs. 5 content marks and 7 analysis marks then you get the other 3 marks for style, I make 5 factual points and analyse all of them, some with more analysis than others to score the higher marks.
I'm using the Heywood book, very simple if you ask me, the way it's wrote out you can practically write essays from it. I'm revising Liberalism, Conservatism and Anarchism/Multiculturalism, Nationalism and Feminism. Super shocked to see people not learning Liberalism as a lot of cross overs are made from the other ideologies to Liberalism and it's the easiest way of scoring synoptic links.
Original post by Becky1456
I'm using the Heywood book, very simple if you ask me, the way it's wrote out you can practically write essays from it. I'm revising Liberalism, Conservatism and Anarchism/Multiculturalism, Nationalism and Feminism. Super shocked to see people not learning Liberalism as a lot of cross overs are made from the other ideologies to Liberalism and it's the easiest way of scoring synoptic links.

I am revising from the Heywood book and I am finding it so hard...plus there is so much to learn?

Are you reading/learning everything like the origin of the ideology etc...or are you skipping bits out?
I'm not reading the origins and development I think it's just background knowledge and pointless, but I'm writing notes on each sections, making tables for each thinker and their quotes and ideas, writing synoptic links based on the tables of different ideologies views.
Reply 124
anyone know whats happening to the study group we're planning on?
Original post by atxya
anyone know whats happening to the study group we're planning on?

I'm up for a study group, we could meet on Skype tomorrow if you guys are free?
Original post by atxya
how are you revising for unit 3 and 4?

I started revising in January and I wrote up the whole book (this helps me a lot) and i'm concentrating a lot on exam questions so I would almost do a 'plan' on how I would answer it. Currently I'm just embedding everything by doing a topic a day then finishing off with 15 markers which I send to my teacher :smile:

(This may seem like a lot of work but we had one teacher who just reads through the book and classifies it as teaching!)
Reply 127
Original post by A_katherine
I started revising in January and I wrote up the whole book (this helps me a lot) and i'm concentrating a lot on exam questions so I would almost do a 'plan' on how I would answer it. Currently I'm just embedding everything by doing a topic a day then finishing off with 15 markers which I send to my teacher :smile:

(This may seem like a lot of work but we had one teacher who just reads through the book and classifies it as teaching!)

ooh right thanks :smile: you're so lucky you have a teacher that is actually bothered to mark essays. (my teacher says we have to mark it ourselves because she doesn't have time apparently)
Original post by atxya
ooh right thanks :smile: you're so lucky you have a teacher that is actually bothered to mark essays. (my teacher says we have to mark it ourselves because she doesn't have time apparently)

That's really quite bad! Although I'm not sure if my teacher marks them completely accurately, but at least I know I'm getting the key points down.
Hope you do well, maybe you should talk to them and make sure they mark them due to how close the exam is now?
has anyone had an in-depth look at the exam paper for political ideologies and realised you can get away with only revising two topics? Is it me that's just seeing this??
Original post by arshiashamimi
has anyone had an in-depth look at the exam paper for political ideologies and realised you can get away with only revising two topics? Is it me that's just seeing this??

I was thinking this, so only learn Conservatism and Liberalism but what about the 45 markers and they don't come up???
Reply 131
Original post by lizmoo0721
I was thinking this, so only learn Conservatism and Liberalism but what about the 45 markers and they don't come up???

If you two want to take that chance and potentially get a higher grade, go for it :smile:
Original post by Shaqk
If you two want to take that chance and potentially get a higher grade, go for it :smile:

I do need an A/A*, does anyone think that these won't come up in section B?
Original post by lizmoo0721

wait can you learn only two for unit 4?

what about if the two topics you have learned do not come up as 45 markers?
Original post by xxvine
wait can you learn only two for unit 4?

what about if the two topics you have learned do not come up as 45 markers?

You potentially can, but that's my worry that the ones I want won't appear in the 45 markers. I think I'm going to learn anarchism, just in case...

Does anybody want to help me with Unit 2 Politics because I have a resit and I don't know anything yet...
Actually I was wrong. You can do 3 instead of 4, because you need to answer three section A questions. My bad. I thought I found a way to minimise the workload but I was wrong. You can still drop 1 topic though, so that's good.
Original post by arshiashamimi
Actually I was wrong. You can do 3 instead of 4, because you need to answer three section A questions. My bad. I thought I found a way to minimise the workload but I was wrong. You can still drop 1 topic though, so that's good.

aye. I'd be surprised if anyone got away with a B grade by learning only two topics. It's especially difficult when there are questions like 'explain the link between ideology A and ideology B.'
Ecologism or Multiculutralism? Which one would you revise for the exam?
Original post by presley33

Multiculturalism
Reply 139
Original post by presley33

Ecologism is shorter and I think it's easier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending