how do you apply for accommodation?
International student from Singapore
Interviewed on Feb 10th
Received offer at 11.44pm Singapore time
Conditions 36, 666 at HL in IB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sharvarivadeyar
got an offer yayaya! interview was so bad i cant believe it!! :eek::tongue:
im so worried about accommodation tho - not sure about firming notts over leics - could someone tell me how many catered ensuite, shared ensuite and private sharing rooms there are left at university park? :frown:

I did my application last night and all it said was that there were no en suite or en suite plus catered rooms left in university park and that you could put your name down to go on the waiting list. You have to put at least 2 choices down for accommodation, each choice being site and room type preference.
Original post by buttered_peanut
I did my application last night and all it said was that there were no en suite or en suite plus catered rooms left in university park and that you could put your name down to go on the waiting list. You have to put at least 2 choices down for accommodation, each choice being site and room type preference.

ahh alright thank you so much! :biggrin: congratulations!
Original post by buttered_peanut
I had the same dilemma and ended up picking Nottingham. These were my reasons why;
- Easier to travel home (Notts is 2 trains, Leicester is 3)
- QMC is absolutely massive.
- Nottingham accommodation is on campus (However there are no catered ensuite rooms left on University Park).
- The Nottingham campus is really pretty.
- Can intercalate in the 5 year degree.
- I get a bursary at Nottingham for doing their Summer School.
I think the main differences are that Leicester uses a more integrated curriculum with earlier patient contact whereas Nottingham is a more traditional degree. I also prefer the fact that at Nottingham you're in the Uni over the full day with free periods, whereas at Leicester your first year lectures are 9-1 and second year is 1-5. I know I work better in a full day when I have frees.
Hope this helps :smile:

I had my first GP placement in the second week of first term, so Notts is pretty good with early patient contact too :P
Another day we have to wait let's hold hope for tomorrow!
Reply 1067
ahh alright thank you so much! :biggrin: congratulations!

I'd be obliged if any current nottingham medic could recommend whether catered or non catered is the best for a first year..is the catering in halls too inflexible for the timetables so meals get wasted?

I don't think I can apply yet as I am waiting for a track update from my final uni so cannot firm anywhere.
Fingers crossed for everyone waiting... Hope we hear today!!
Original post by Irob
I'd be obliged if any current nottingham medic could recommend whether catered or non catered is the best for a first year..is the catering in halls too inflexible for the timetables so meals get wasted?

Hi! I'm not a current Nottingham medic (yet lol) but when I spoke to one of my friends in first year she recommended catered because she said she personally didn't find the time to be able to cook for herself and so it was nice to know that there was always food ready for her. But she said the timings are a bit weird (sorry I don't remember what they are exactly, I think dinner was like 5-7.30 pm or something). hope this helps :smile:
can somebody please ring up to find out whether they've actually got any more offers to give out, or whether everyone left is going to be rejected
I second that...
Original post by hukdealz
can somebody please ring up to find out whether they've actually got any more offers to give out, or whether everyone left is going to be rejected

Well volunteered.
Original post by Fleet_Fox
Well volunteered.

nooo I hate making phone calls

any [other] volunteers? I just want to know for sure, so I can get on with my revision- is that too much to ask uni of nottingham?!
How many offers you do you reckon have been given out already?
Reply 1075
Hi! I'm not a current Nottingham medic (yet lol) but when I spoke to one of my friends in first year she recommended catered because she said she personally didn't find the time to be able to cook for herself and so it was nice to know that there was always food ready for her. But she said the timings are a bit weird (sorry I don't remember what they are exactly, I think dinner was like 5-7.30 pm or something). hope this helps :smile:

Yes, thanks.
Original post by fingbing
How many offers you do you reckon have been given out already?

All
Original post by LEEEEERL
All

Well that's that...
Is that fact or your guessing??
In fact they just rejected me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending