The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by khutchinson06
no it is dont be worrying no news is good news at this stage happy easter everyone

Ok thanks same to u :smile:
Reply 741
Happy Easter Guys:smile:
Original post by mmq02
Happy Easter Guys:smile:

hope you had a nice day x
Reply 743
Sorry to hear that sheena but as everyone else has said keep trying, did they give you any feed back?
Hope everyone had a good easter and hope you are all enjoying the beautiful sunshine xx
Hey guys, only getting caught up with all the chats now and i'm noticing alot of people saying we hear on may 7th however i've been told by my school that the final deadline to chose your firm and insurance choice on ucas is the 5th may... ? how does this work do we just wait and make our choice after or what? i only have 2 choices to hear from left and its my social work in UU and QUB :confused:
Hi rachel

The deadline is the 7th may it tells you on ucas. Normally the uu are around 23rd april and qub anytime between 30th april and 7th may. Thats going by previous years though. Hope this helps x
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bernie..
Hi rachel

The deadline is the 7th may it tells you on ucas. Normally the uu are around 23rd april and qub anytime between 30th april and 7th may. Thats going by previous years though. Hope this helps x

thats grand then, thanks bernie!
Hi guys, just came across this site which is great :smile: I had my interview last Wednesday an it didn't go as planned. Didn't get to mention any of my experiences or link in theory, so disappointed with myself :frown:...I know a few people who got rejected two days after interview, however because mine was so close to easter I'm thinking I could be rejected on Monday. .what do you all think?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Andrea33
Hi guys, just came across this site which is great :smile: I had my interview last Wednesday an it didn't go as planned. Didn't get to mention any of my experiences or link in theory, so disappointed with myself :frown:...I know a few people who got rejected two days after interview, however because mine was so close to easter I'm thinking I could be rejected on Monday. .what do you all think?

Hi Andrea ur probably jus worrying..We all felt the same after r interviews I never really got to link in my experience r examples I'd prepared either.was a shock to system. Was it uu or Queens r both u apply to? Fingers crossed for u
Reply 750
Hi Andrea i didnt mention or link experience or theory either and was really disappointed i let my nerves get to me, but i did my interview in feb for queens and haven't heard so im trying to be optimistic. Good luck to you and hope you get a place!
its looking really good for u if interview was in feb :smile: so well done!! I applied to UU and studied for weeks an had learnt way too much, but it all left my head when I got in there lol...I did it 5 yrs ago but failed interview so i iv a feeling its the same thing this time round :frown: ah its so nerve wrecking lol...good luck to u I hope u get it an thanks for the reply :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 752

I also had my interview last wed at queens. I had under a week to prepare and I was up late learning everything and had put a lot of work in but I didn't cope well at interview I got too nervous and forgot everything and felt awful afterwards I was quite upset. I haven't heard anything yet but I was thinking the same because of Easter holidays that's why I hadn't heard. It's an awful feeling when u know ur capable of more but I'm sure a lot of ppl were the same
Girls I'm sure u have done better than u both think!! we have all come out of our interviews and had that feeling 'I should have said this and that'! No news is good news-keep positive!!! :smile: x
It is really awful when u know your capable of much more, sounds like we we're both the same with nerves :frown: but fingers crossed we did better than we think!! And everyone is right, we are all on the same boat wit feelings of self-doubt so maybe we should start thinking positive lol I can try anyways, well atleast aftr I know when they are back aftr easter hols lol....sorry I'm new to this so trying to keep up with how it works :smile: x
When I first came on this today the lay out was much different to what it is now so im slowly trying to work it out lol
Reply 756
When I first came on this today the lay out was much different to what it is now so im slowly trying to work it out lol

Yeah I came out feeling terrible so that's why I went on the internet to find tbis because i needed to speak to people who were in same position and I'm also new to this. I think I will apply again next year I'm going to be 29 in June and I feel like maybe I'm too old but I went through 4 years of uni and started uni quite late because I had my daughter young so feel like iv missed my chances at a good career :frown: but I don't want to give up
Jen I feel exactly the same, il be 34 in oct an only just graduated summer past, I spent the last 15yrs being a mammy to my 3 children so I know how u feel. However, when I applied 5yrs ago I was no where near confident enough to imagine being a social worker but now I'm ready, iv also been a youth ans community worker the past 5 years which I didn't even get to mention in interview :frown: altho it was on my personal statement. To be honest I felt a bit rushed in interview and kicked myself when I got out as to not just throwing all the info in lol...I think your age is perfect for sw as your a mature parent wit life experiences :wink: u can empathise with alot of people!!
Reply 758

Andrea I was the exact same, I kicked myself when I came out about stuff that I should have said, but everyone in the same boat! So hopefully that will lessen your worries! What is done, is done and hopefully it went better than you think!😊 good luck!
Aw thanks Fran and same too u :wink: just wish I could do the interview over again!! lol but hoping they allow for nerves an that I got enough info in :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest