Scroll to see replies

I have literally seen nobody doing physics :tongue: :frown:

I'm in Cripps too, nice and close :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Princepieman
I've applied for Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (with a Year Abroad). It's based at Jubilee but I chose University Park to meet a greater variety of students. How about you?

Yeah, this the fresher's group:
University of Nottingham Fresher's 2015

And this is the Ancaster group (it's really tiny right now):

Ancaster Hall Nottingham 2015

Hey other Ancaster member :smile:
Original post by Jasonpt
Hey other Ancaster member :smile:

Haha, hey!! I don't think I've spoken to you on FB before, but it's nice to meet you.
Original post by Caraphernelia
Applied to do Genetics and got a conditional offer :smile:

Really really like the uni and campus and my dad did his pHD there so he rates it highly!

Hoping the rest of the year goes well grades wise, not too much longer to go so fingers crossed!

Thinking of making nottingham my insurance choice but I'm not too sure yet!

That's awesome congrats! I'm thinking of applying for the exact same course in September - may I ask what were your A2 predictions and do you have any idea what you want to do in the future?
I got an offer for medicine A100 :biggrin:

I'm just wondering which hall I should go for.

I'm planning on going for a catered hall.

Any suggestions?
Original post by Leidenfrost
I got an offer for medicine A100 :biggrin:

I'm just wondering which hall I should go for.

I'm planning on going for a catered hall.

Any suggestions?

It depends how much you want to spend on your accommodation really, but I'd reccomend Nightingale because its got a good central location and all the rooms have double beds aha
Original post by ButterflyGirl97
It depends how much you want to spend on your accommodation really, but I'd reccomend Nightingale because its got a good central location and all the rooms have double beds aha

You can't choose catered halls, it's a random allocation system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1327
thinking of firming nottingham. how does accommodation work. is it on a first come first serve basis? and is it too late to get the accommodation you want?
You can't choose catered halls, it's a random allocation system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's rough

When do we get notification of our allocation?
Original post by Leidenfrost
That's rough

When do we get notification of our allocation?

Usually within 2 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Itsmonique
My AS subjects are Maths, Chemistry, Psychology and Sociology.
Entry requirements are AAB minimum at A-level, and a minimum grade A in Maths GCSE and grade B in English lang (but i got C in english!)

I'm really suprised they have higher entry requirements for law than Oxford :eek:

What AS subjects are you doing?

Are you still applying despite getting a C in English?
I want to do Economics, 2016 entry, and they require a B grade in English but i got a C
Original post by snikutsmullac
Can't find a thread anywhere for Unviersity of Nottingham 2015 applicants, so I thought I'd make one! What subjects are you all applying for?
---
Connect to University of Nottingham here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:

Hi! I am applying for international media and communication studies! Well, I need to take my IB exams first :smile:
Original post by SanjayGill
Are you still applying despite getting a C in English?
I want to do Economics, 2016 entry, and they require a B grade in English but i got a C

You will defo need to improve that English grade or take the IELTS. There are other options available.
Did anyone get a confirmation email when they accepted their Notts offer? I accepted it as an insurance weeks ago and haven't even received an email...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daisystones
Did anyone get a confirmation email when they accepted their Notts offer? I accepted it as an insurance weeks ago and haven't even received an email...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get a confirmation email from Nottingham as such but the day after I firmed them they sent me an email talking about student accommodation saying that I could now apply for it. So I guess if you chose them as insurance you wouldn't get that email? It should be fine, I think.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1335
just firmed nottingham for compsci. How are nottingham with students who miss their offers by one grade e.g. ABB instead of AAB?
Original post by sml96
just firmed nottingham for compsci. How are nottingham with students who miss their offers by one grade e.g. ABB instead of AAB?

I've seen quite a few courses that let people in with one grade lower - Physics, MEng, Psychology, Finance - but there is no way of telling how many of those who missed their grades were let in.
Reply 1337
Notts firmer here, but at least I don't spend my time looking down a perfectly respectable institution. Surely, there are better ways to spend your time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope nothing better than to counter Notts trollers
Reply 1338
Original post by sml96

Notts are a face university not one that is built in true excellence. Just ask them queitly, nod nod wink wink and you'll get in. They always have spaces, usually I see them in clearing unless it's the years when they feel they are losing too much face
Reply 1339
Original post by prospect10
Thank you ,
What are studying ?
I would think that it's strong university !
Is it ? Is it Russell ? What's the specifications of Russell ? ( I meant something unique about them ?!)

Why did you choose Russell ? And Nottingham over many of choices in UK ?

I believe that you have friendly charisma , are British ? Where in UK ?

Strong based in what ? because they have given you a presentation and seduced you ... an international, nothing special there. They have MILLIONS of internationals.

you got er e r er money , you get in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending