The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
you been gone for too long bro

I'm around
ah.. liverpool ahaed.

Shame.

always thought they would have to much quality in the end, but still annoying.

Cmonm Blackburn! grab a late equaliser
If only Blackburn goalkeeper scored,
I must say loosing to arsenal and man utd + race for fourth means it would be too much for the fans if they went out of the fa cup now, give them hope and then Aston villa can ruin their season.

Liverpool v Aston villa

Arsenal v Reading

I reckon the final will be Arsenal v Liverpool and we will retain the cup.
Original post by Jgco2chem
If only Blackburn goalkeeper scored,
I must say loosing to arsenal and man utd + race for fourth means it would be too much for the fans if they went out of the fa cup now, give them hope and then Aston villa can ruin their season.

Liverpool v Aston villa

Arsenal v Reading

I reckon the final will be Arsenal v Liverpool and we will retain the cup.

Liverpool fans don't want Europa League football... imagine if they missed out through the league and then qualified anyway via the cup :lol: :lol:
Original post by midnightice
What on earth is an MT27i anyway?

Get a real phone m8

That was brilliant lol

Btw it's a Sony Xperia :tongue:

Original post by leinad2012

When it's a Liverpool fan chatting ****, its like some year 7 kid trying to pick a fight with you in the playground, its entertaining for a while because you knows its easy to slap the kid back down to size if he gets too mouthy :wink:

Ok :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
Will Bellerin play as RW next season?
To accommodate Jenko as back up to Debuchy, then we can seriously defend from the front!
He is faster than Theo and seems very calm in front of goal.
I think this will only happen if Walcott cba to fight for his place.
Nah, right wing is locked down by Sanchez/Ox/Walcott, and I'd rather give Gnabry playing time in that position than Bellerin.
Wilshere, Arteta, Debuchy and Diaby all fit to play Burnley on Saturday
To continue from above...

Koscielny and Szczesny to be assessed ahead of the game.
Original post by al_94
Wilshere, Arteta, Debuchy and Diaby all fit to play Burnley on Saturday

You still won't win.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
To continue from above...

Koscielny and Szczesny to be assessed ahead of the game.

You say this last year and we'd all of panicked. Gotten to the stage where it doesn't matter considering how strong our depth is.

Gabirel + Merte were great against Liverpool too
Original post by Dirtybit
You still won't win.

That's just rude mate :colonhash:

But seriously, yeah I have this irk feeling about Burnley. Hate playing bottom sides at this time of the season.

Original post by AR_95
You say this last year and we'd all of panicked. Gotten to the stage where it doesn't matter considering how strong our depth is.

Gabirel + Merte were great against Liverpool too

Exactly. Credit where it's due Merte has really stepped up for a few games now. And to see everyone back fit is just incredible but it's strange as well, hope it doesn't sort of ruin how we've been playing lately.
Burnley 2-0
rest of the seasons league fixtures dont even matter tbh

top 4 is secured

whether its 2nd or 4th makes no real difference.
That's just rude mate :colonhash:

But seriously, yeah I have this irk feeling about Burnley. Hate playing bottom sides at this time of the season.

Exactly. Credit where it's due Merte has really stepped up for a few games now. And to see everyone back fit is just incredible but it's strange as well, hope it doesn't sort of ruin how we've been playing lately.

It helps that we've playing better as a team and defender more as a unit from front to back, but I do think that with Mert it's been a classic case of improving when faced with competition too. Realising his place in the first 11 isn't guaranteed has given him a kick up the arse.

And I'm not concerned about Burnely tbh. Think it'll be a straightforward win for us.
Yeah, the fact that our whole squad is mainly entirely fit is fantastic news but I reckon we should still go with the players we've been using these past few games. Well obviously, it's not like any of the players that have just come back will start immediately but you get the gist. Mertasacker doesn't really have anything else to play for, he'll end his career at Arsenal imo due to age and he's retired from international duties. Might as well start playing well to keep regular football coming in.

Original post by swirly

But it does though, allow going through qualifiers against Turkish sides again.

But it does though, allow going through qualifiers against Turkish sides again.

the club makes more money by having to play two extra games

dont mind going through by play offs, if it means more revenues
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by swirly
rest of the seasons league fixtures dont even matter tbh

top 4 is secured

Why does it make no big difference?

It doesn't boost team morale for next season? Doesn't bring a sense of achievement/accomplishment? Doesn't it boost fan morale and make them happier with club/manager (vital in Wenger's case)

Think it makes a big difference. These next fixtures are probably the most crucial ones.
Original post by swirly
the club makes more money by having to play two extra games

dont mind going through by play offs, if it means more revenues

Are u wenga in disguise?
Original post by silaiestatira
Why does it make no big difference?

It doesn't boost team morale for next season? Doesn't bring a sense of achievement/accomplishment? Doesn't it boost fan morale and make them happier with club/manager (vital in Wenger's case)

Think it makes a big difference. These next fixtures are probably the most crucial ones.

boost morale? congrats lads, we didnt win the title again. well done.

top 4 is a residual accomplishment. It's first or top 4. real lack of ambition to be celebrating 2nd or 3rd place specifically.

put out the yout, let man like Maitland Niles do his thing, give Chuba and Welbz a run around, test out Diaby.

Latest