The Student Room Group

Whose better, Rooney or Beckham?

Was having this conversation with a Man United fan at the weekend on who was better out of Rooney or Beckham? any thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Was having this conversation with a Man United fan at the weekend on who was better out of Rooney or Beckham? any thoughts?

Club=Rooney
Country = Beckham
Original post by BioStudentx
Club=Rooney
Country = Beckham

Nah don't think so.

Rooney is the better player overall tbh.
Reply 3
Rooney by a country mile. I criticise him a lot, but only because I think he could have been a great.
Reply 4
Rooney, but Beckham is so much more handsome :eating:
Reply 5
Rooney is a better player. Beckham is (was) a better marketed player.
Rooney.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nah don't think so.

Rooney is the better player overall tbh.

Rooney is completely useless in the world cup. Never contributes. He's a failure on the big stage.
Beckham in his prime was probably a little bit better.
Reply 9
Ones a striker and ones a winger.
Reply 10
Original post by Rk2k14
Ones a striker and ones a winger.

the question wasn't where do they play
Reply 11
Original post by difeo
the question wasn't where do they play

Ones obviously going to have better stats as a striker and the other as a winger, hence their influence in their respected positions is going to be different. Who's better? Rooney was a better striker and Beckham was a better winger.
Reply 12
Beckham was better at his peak, Rooney's been better over his career
Reply 13
Original post by Rk2k14
Ones obviously going to have better stats as a striker and the other as a winger, hence their influence in their respected positions is going to be different. Who's better? Rooney was a better striker and Beckham was a better winger.

Ones going to have better goal stats and one better assist stats. But you can make a decision on more than stats, and you can compare players in different positions
Reply 14
Original post by difeo
Ones going to have better goal stats and one better assist stats. But you can make a decision on more than stats, and you can compare players in different positions

Disagree with that.
Rooney, no doubt about it
Reply 16
Original post by Rk2k14
Disagree with that.

I guess we'll never know if Hazard is better than Bobby Zamora
Reply 17
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Beckham in his prime was probably a little bit better.

Original post by difeo
Beckham was better at his peak, Rooney's been better over his career

Not a chance. Rooney at his absolute peak is electric. Beckham did a few good crosses and free kicks. Rooney just could and should have been better and reached a higher peak, but he's still a mile better than Beckham was.
I agree with BioStudent mostly. At their peaks I'd have Beckham, between 1998-2002 he was superb. Plus I can't stand Rooney, he's been a complete failure for England 2004 aside. It will be a dark day for England when he gets Sir Bobby's goal record.
Original post by BioStudentx
Rooney is completely useless in the world cup. Never contributes. He's a failure on the big stage.

Didn't he score against Italy?

Quick Reply

Latest