The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

not feeling very good. GP appointment finally this morning. was uneventful and he was a bit vague but hopefully got my foot in the door with MH services here. sigh.
Hey y'all.

Original post by Odd socks
already sick of my parents' racist jokes :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it because they're your parents?

I don't like it when my grandmother does this because I know that she often believes the jokes to be true and that makes me uncomfortable. For example, I was telling her about one of my besties who's Chinese. And she then asked me if her mother owns a restaurant.
urgh. so CMHT called, 2 weeks is the very earliest they can see me :cry2: was really hoping it would be sooner, given this desperation has been building for 3 weeks already :/ I just really don't know what to do any more :cry:
i hate being on my own, feel really vulnerable at the moment. saw my disability adviser today, she's lovely but i feel like such an annoyance. just wish i had friends that lived near by and gave a **** about me enough to see me. i'm always going and helping them, but they are never there when i need them and it sucks. maybe i'm just being a needy bitch i dunno. i just want things to be better and it won't be. no one cares. what's the point? :frown: not coping ugh. don't know how to stop the random intrusive thoughts/memories. :frown:

hope everyone is ok. hugs to all who want/need them.
Original post by ScaryScience
urgh. so CMHT called, 2 weeks is the very earliest they can see me :cry2: was really hoping it would be sooner, given this desperation has been building for 3 weeks already :/ I just really don't know what to do any more :cry:

:hugs: here if you need/want to talk to someone, ok?:console:
Greetings from THE NORTH :eek3: :ahhhhh: :hide:

:tongue:

:ninja:

Oh hun :frown: I'm sorry they can't see you earlier. Did you ask what you're meant to do in the meantime? At least they phoned, though... :console:

Hugs to you and Pathway and whoever else may need them :grouphugs:
Student Finance are ridiculous, i'm so sick of them, they're an awful company.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Oh hun :frown: I'm sorry they can't see you earlier. Did you ask what you're meant to do in the meantime? At least they phoned, though... :console:

:hugs:
Original post by Pathway
:hugs: here if you need/want to talk to someone, ok?:console:

Thank you - same goes to you, too :hugs: For what its worth, I really don't think you're being a 'needy bitch' - its okay to need help sometimes and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect your friends to be there for you, especially if you're there for them too :hugs: :sadnod: I can empathise though, I often feel the same. Big hugs :hugs:

Thank you :hugs: Yeah the guy was very reasonable but still I'm feeling desperate. He was on about ringing the crisis team but that suggestion went in one ear and out the other really. Not quite sure how I'm meant to do the next 2 weeks but :erm: How are you doing? :hugs:
Thank you - same goes to you, too :hugs: For what its worth, I really don't think you're being a 'needy bitch' - its okay to need help sometimes and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect your friends to be there for you, especially if you're there for them too :hugs: :sadnod: I can empathise though, I often feel the same. Big hugs :hugs:

Thanks. :hugs: I know it's because they have stuff to do, etc., but I dunno...I just think that if they have the time to go clubbing, then obviously they have free-time to some degree? :erm: Even when I explained to one of them that I wasn't doing great etc. last week (told one of them about calling the crisis team, and them being useless idiots :unimpressed:) and they still guilt-tripped me into seeing another friend in hospital (which basically made me freak out more, and ended up going directly to CMHT after :facepalm:). Just don't know what to do. I'm sick of being strong?? That's all they say - "you're strong, you can get through this, why are you giving up now?". I'm just tired of it. :frown: :dontknow:
Sorry your CMHT are being so useless, I hate that everything is so tight in the NHS. I've still not been told who's replacing my care-co. :s-smilie: Wish they'd stop messing me around, and you don't deserve to be messed around either. You're suffering and it's not fair, and I hate that people just seem to be brushing it under the rug. :console:

Thank you :hugs: Yeah the guy was very reasonable but still I'm feeling desperate. He was on about ringing the crisis team but that suggestion went in one ear and out the other really. Not quite sure how I'm meant to do the next 2 weeks but :erm: How are you doing? :hugs:

:jumphug: Big hugs, hun. I'm OK. Mum wants to go exploring Chester, so going offline soon :grumble: Our hotel room is TINY :eek:
Original post by Pathway
i hate being on my own, feel really vulnerable at the moment. saw my disability adviser today, she's lovely but i feel like such an annoyance. just wish i had friends that lived near by and gave a **** about me enough to see me. i'm always going and helping them, but they are never there when i need them and it sucks. maybe i'm just being a needy bitch i dunno. i just want things to be better and it won't be. no one cares. what's the point? :frown: not coping ugh. don't know how to stop the random intrusive thoughts/memories. :frown:

hope everyone is ok. hugs to all who want/need them.

You're not an annoyance and you're definitely not a needy bitch. It's good you have her, I wish your friends and CMHT would do a bit more for you too though :s-smilie: Sorry you feel so vulnerable- always around if you want me, or I can help somehow :redface:

Original post by Anonymous
Student Finance are ridiculous, i'm so sick of them, they're an awful company.

I need to do that, but yeah it's a complete pain! Hope it gets sorted soon for you :smile:

:jumphug: Big hugs, hun. I'm OK. Mum wants to go exploring Chester, so going offline soon :grumble: Our hotel room is TINY :eek:

You should, Chester's lovely! :yep: Not been in ages actually... Hope the conference goes well :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ninja::

The north is the best :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you explain the situation and get an emergency meeting?

Not been to Chester for ages, it's so lovely! Hope you have a good time :h:

--------------

Wouldn't be a proper Anony #2 shopping trip without crying in the changing rooms :erm: Hate my body so much :sigh:

Hope everyone's ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
You're not an annoyance and you're definitely not a needy bitch. It's good you have her, I wish your friends and CMHT would do a bit more for you too though :s-smilie: Sorry you feel so vulnerable- always around if you want me, or I can help somehow :redface:

Don't think I deserve the help anymore really? :frown: Still considering discharging myself from CMHT anyway, I think they only took me back because of the whole me complaining thing, haha. They're probably laughing at me about it. Thank you though. :hugs: How are you?
Very worried about spies. Told staff and they sort of helped. Might be trying to cover them up though.

Spoiler

I'm 25 years old going on 14 I think. Sigh.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Very worried about spies. Told staff and they sort of helped. Might be trying to cover them up though.

I'm sure if there were spies (which I don't think there are) then they'd want to help, not cover them up. Doesn't really make a good environment if there's spies running around the place, eh?
Have officially picked out my third year choices, hoping to get either 1st or 2nd choice out of three but I don't find out until after this years exams. That being said the one I want has been under-subscribed for the past 4 years so I should get in.
Still have a fair amount of stuff that I should do today but a lot of it is emailing people and sorting out forms etc and I'm not really feeling up for it. Think I'm probably going to go buy some food and remember that I need to have a shower tonight because we won't have water tomorrow and possibly Saturday. Probably shouldn't buy anything that requires any real cooking now I think about it.

Latest