The Student Room Group

vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Hey guys, I got a conditional offer from RVC too:biggrin: I can't believe it! Haha:tongue: congrats to everyone else with their offers! And good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back :smile:
Hey, I was just wondering if any Nottingham Trent offer holders are going to the post application open day? :smile:
Original post by crisscrossgreen
Hey, I was just wondering if any Nottingham Trent offer holders are going to the post application open day? :smile:

When is it? :smile:
The rvc haven't given me an offer or rejection for vet nursing and they said at the interview they will reply by the end of march.... It is the easter holidays from tomorrow so obviously I won't hear anything from them for 3 weeks, so I won't hear until the end of April? It's so frustrating, I just want to know! I got rejected from gateway so im stressing about this one as it was a similar interview format. ..
I've got offers from middlesex and bristol but I don't actually want to go there?
Original post by cathaas96
It is the easter holidays from tomorrow so obviously I won't hear anything from them for 3 weeks

University administration offices aren't like at school - they keep going throughout all student holidays, so offers will continue to be added throughout Easter
Has anyone heard / not heard from Harper Adams yet? They said 4 weeks from the interview and it will be 5 weeks since tomorrow!
Original post by Abby_W31
Has anyone heard / not heard from Harper Adams yet? They said 4 weeks from the interview and it will be 5 weeks since tomorrow!

I heard within a week of my interview. Maybe ring them, and politely ask them?
Hey everyone! Hope you don't mind me writing in this, is anyone still waiting to hear from middlesex?
Original post by fl28eur96
I heard within a week of my interview. Maybe ring them, and politely ask them?

Yes, if I've not heard by the end of this week I certainly will as I know of someone else who heard the week after, at least it's not a rejection though!
Original post by Abby_W31
Yes, if I've not heard by the end of this week I certainly will as I know of someone else who heard the week after, at least it's not a rejection though!

Did your friend get an offer or not?
Original post by fl28eur96
Did your friend get an offer or not?

Yes, she got an offer. It could be because I applied for Vet Physio as well as Vet Nursing that it is taking longer?
Reply 331
Is there anyone that has applied to Edinburgh Napier and still hasn't heard anything? I applied 5th November and got an acknowledgment straight away but haven't heard anything since. With it being 4 weeks away from the deadline and not even being asked for an interview I'm not expecting to get in, just wondering if they're going to get back to me at all as I can't see why they would wait this long to reject me. :frown:
Original post by bekkih
Is there anyone that has applied to Edinburgh Napier and still hasn't heard anything? I applied 5th November and got an acknowledgment straight away but haven't heard anything since. With it being 4 weeks away from the deadline and not even being asked for an interview I'm not expecting to get in, just wondering if they're going to get back to me at all as I can't see why they would wait this long to reject me. :frown:

I would ring them up and ask them nicely what's going on
Most Unis will now be number-crunching to see if they need to adjust the number of Offers they've already made given the Firm up rates by those already holding offers. They will keep some people on Hold for any last minute offer making. Some of you are clearly caught up in this, but you are not alone and you just need to hang on and be patient. Its okay to phone/email but you will be unlikely to get anything more definite than 'we hope to make all outstanding decisions in the next few weeks',

Everyone else - please hurry up and make your Firm & Insurance choices so that any other possible offers can be released!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys,
I'm currently in year 12 and am hoping to study Vet Nursing at uni, but I'm a bit confused about the whole Bsc (Hons) or FdSc. For some universities, you can do the Bsc straight after A-levels, but others call it a top-up? I'm not sure what to choose, because I'd like to end up with an honours degree at the end of it. Is it worth doing the foundation with a top-up, or just going straight into it, or does it not matter?
FdSc is a Foundation Year. This is a pre-degree year that is usually undertaken only by people with weak or inappropriate A levels as a 'catch-up' to enable them to do the full degree course.

So, if your A level subjects and likely grades fulfill the admissions requirements for a Vet Nursing degree course (BSc) then you dont need to look at a Foundation year.
Original post by 2cool4scool
Hey guys,
I'm currently in year 12 and am hoping to study Vet Nursing at uni, but I'm a bit confused about the whole Bsc (Hons) or FdSc. For some universities, you can do the Bsc straight after A-levels, but others call it a top-up? I'm not sure what to choose, because I'd like to end up with an honours degree at the end of it. Is it worth doing the foundation with a top-up, or just going straight into it, or does it not matter?

I'm doing a foundation course at Nottingham Trent starting September, my a levels are predicted B's and if I'm honest trent was a backup choice that I stuck on my application last minute in case my a levels went wrong. After going to look round I decided I actually really liked the uni and the course there, so despite wanting to do a honours degree I firmed it and decided I'd do the top up afterwards. Tuition fees are slightly cheaper I think, but other than that I don't think anything is different to the BSc courses (well apart from the final year dissertation) because they're usually both taught together. There's less pressure on a level exams as well if you're like me. My conditional offer asks for 160 ucas points and a C in a science, which to me is doable so I don't have to worry about results day too much. You should still do your best though! A levels are looked at by employers too.
Does anyone know if Nottingham Trent just does the foundation degree or if it does the four-year honours degree too? On UCAS it only comes up with the foundation degree
Original post by 2cool4scool
Does anyone know if Nottingham Trent just does the foundation degree or if it does the four-year honours degree too? On UCAS it only comes up with the foundation degree

No but they do a top up to honours which you can continue straight after the foundation. It's basically the same :smile:
Hi

Is anyone going to Askham Bryan this year for the Foundation Veterinary Nursing degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending