The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Salam alaikum.
Balance in our lives is very important, and to be honest, there is so much to say about ensuring we fulfill both tasks: dunya tasks and deen tasks. But briefly:

Firstly, we should always remind ourselves that our religious duties are a priority. And this requires patience; for example, I'm doing this assignment which is really important, I'm in the process of completing it but the adhan goes off, it repeats: "Allahu Akbar" several times, there is a reason for this subhanAllah. Broad words, it means Allah is the Greatest. As in Allah is more important than this assignment I desperately must finish, more important than the Wsapp message I must send, more important than the last five minutes of Eastenders (I hope none of you watch this junk btw) so I must rise up from my chair, my sofa, my bed at fajr, or whatever else, and complete my Islamic duty, knowing whole heartedly that Allah will question me, primarily, on my salah.
This neat quote I like...it goes something like this: "The strong one isn't the one who can lift weights rather the one who can lift his blanket for fajr" for the fajr comment I made above.

Secondly, Islam does not ask us to be foolish or uneducated, nor does it deprive us of having fun and enjoying ourselves with family, friends etc... so of course, we benefit from what the dunya has to offer so long as it does not transgress the limits set by Allah. In fact, we can you use the blessings Allah swt has bestowed upon us as a means to get closer to him, as long as our intention is correct and righteous. For example, you could decided to go sleep during the middle of the day, intending on gaining energy to wake up for tahajud. You get good deeds sleeping subhanAllah.

Thirdly, we should try and make plans, be structure in our days so we can fulfill all our tasks. Insure that you've read your daily dose of Quran, made dhirk, prayed sunnah etc... But then also make sure you've cleaned the house (which I did not do today sisters) completed your academic work, shopped and whatever else that needs to be done. In shaa Allah, you will feel as though you have achieved many things by the end of the day, in deen and dunya, and that's a balanced life

And I could be completely wrong again, so Allah knows best. Also, I'm sorry for not providing you with proof from the Quran and sunnah, feel free to elaborate on my post if you wish. And as I said, this could be much broader, these are just ideas that popped up in my mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brithday
please pray for me as I have important exam coming up thank and amazing thread so happy I found it may
Allah bless all of you :colondollar:

May Allah make your exam easy for you :smile:
Original post by beautifulxxx
Salam alaikum. Balance in our lives is very important, and to be honest, there is so much to say about ensuring we fulfill both tasks: dunya tasks and deen tasks. But briefly: Firstly, we should always remind ourselves that our religious duties are a priority. And this requires patience; for example, I'm doing this assignment which is really important, I'm in the process of completing it but the adhan goes off, it repeats: "Allahu Akbar" several times, there is a reason for this subhanAllah. Broad words, it means Allah is the Greatest. As in Allah is more important than this assignment I desperately must finish, more important than the Wsapp message I must send, more important than the last five minutes of Eastenders (I hope none of you watch this junk btw) so I must rise up from my chair, my sofa, my bed at fajr, or whatever else, and complete my Islamic duty, knowing whole heartedly that Allah will question me, primarily, on my salah. This neat quote I like...it goes something like this: "The strong one isn't the one who can lift weights rather the one who can lift his blanket for fajr" for the fajr comment I made above. Secondly, Islam does not ask us to be foolish or uneducated, nor does it deprive us of having fun and enjoying ourselves with family, friends etc... so of course, we benefit from what the dunya has to offer so long as it does not transgress the limits set by Allah. In fact, we can you use the blessings Allah swt has bestowed upon us as a means to get closer to him, as long as our intention is correct and righteous. For example, you could decided to go sleep during the middle of the day, intending on gaining energy to wake up for tahajud. You get good deeds sleeping subhanAllah. Thirdly, we should try and make plans, be structure in our days so we can fulfill all our tasks. Insure that you've read your daily dose of Quran, made dhirk, prayed sunnah etc... But then also make sure you've cleaned the house (which I did not do today sisters) completed your academic work, shopped and whatever else that needs to be done. In shaa Allah, you will feel as though you have achieved many things by the end of the day, in deen and dunya, and that's a balanced life And I could be completely wrong again, so Allah knows best. Also, I'm sorry for not providing you with proof from the Quran and sunnah, feel free to elaborate on my post if you wish. And as I said, this could be much broader, these are just ideas that popped up in my mind. Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM. Brilliantly written once again.

Jazakillahu khayran. :biggrin:

Naughty girl.. best do the cleaning properly tomorrow then. :mmm:
Salam alaikum.
Balance in our lives is very important, and to be honest, there is so much to say about ensuring we fulfill both tasks: dunya tasks and deen tasks. But briefly:

Firstly, we should always remind ourselves that our religious duties are a priority. And this requires patience; for example, I'm doing this assignment which is really important, I'm in the process of completing it but the adhan goes off, it repeats: "Allahu Akbar" several times, there is a reason for this subhanAllah. Broad words, it means Allah is the Greatest. As in Allah is more important than this assignment I desperately must finish, more important than the Wsapp message I must send, more important than the last five minutes of Eastenders (I hope none of you watch this junk btw) so I must rise up from my chair, my sofa, my bed at fajr, or whatever else, and complete my Islamic duty, knowing whole heartedly that Allah will question me, primarily, on my salah.
This neat quote I like...it goes something like this: "The strong one isn't the one who can lift weights rather the one who can lift his blanket for fajr" for the fajr comment I made above.

Secondly, Islam does not ask us to be foolish or uneducated, nor does it deprive us of having fun and enjoying ourselves with family, friends etc... so of course, we benefit from what the dunya has to offer so long as it does not transgress the limits set by Allah. In fact, we can you use the blessings Allah swt has bestowed upon us as a means to get closer to him, as long as our intention is correct and righteous. For example, you could decided to go sleep during the middle of the day, intending on gaining energy to wake up for tahajud. You get good deeds sleeping subhanAllah.

Thirdly, we should try and make plans, be structure in our days so we can fulfill all our tasks. Insure that you've read your daily dose of Quran, made dhirk, prayed sunnah etc... But then also make sure you've cleaned the house (which I did not do today sisters) completed your academic work, shopped and whatever else that needs to be done. In shaa Allah, you will feel as though you have achieved many things by the end of the day, in deen and dunya, and that's a balanced life

And I could be completely wrong again, so Allah knows best. Also, I'm sorry for not providing you with proof from the Quran and sunnah, feel free to elaborate on my post if you wish. And as I said, this could be much broader, these are just ideas that popped up in my mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you write this all yourself?
It was definitely worth the read. JZK for sharing.
Original post by LotusBlue
PRSOM. Brilliantly written once again.

Jazakillahu khayran. :biggrin:

Naughty girl.. best do the cleaning properly tomorrow then. :mmm:

Wa iyaki marsi parsi xxxx <3
Aww thanks u too sweet.
Loool, my poor mum had to do it , I was sleeping in the middle of the day. These things happen when you're deprived of decent sleep after fajr.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wa iyaki marsi parsi xxxx <3
Aww thanks u too sweet.
Loool, my poor mum had to do it , I was sleeping in the middle of the day. These things happen when you're deprived of decent sleep after fajr. Posted from TSR Mobile

Who's marsi parsi? I'm LotusBlue :curious:

Thats no excuse.. I didn't sleep all night and still helped with cleaning. MashaAllah. :angelblush:
Reply 8086
Is it justified for us to be happy whilst our brethren are being killed in Palestine and other places?
Who's marsi parsi? I'm LotusBlue :curious:

Thats no excuse.. I didn't sleep all night and still helped with cleaning. MashaAllah. :angelblush:

Your marsi pars, don't let me bail you out infront of everyone.

What did you clean? A spec of dirt on your shoe pahahaha. I have to go hang laundry now and its 22:48 in Saudi *cries*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your marsi pars, don't let me bail you out infront of everyone.

What did you clean? A spec of dirt on your shoe pahahaha. I have to go hang laundry now and its 22:48 in Saudi *cries* Posted from TSR Mobile

Bail me out? Everyone already knows Jameelaxxx. Calm it yo.

Wow. Rude. Much. Wow. :colonhash:
LOL serves you right. Now, go and do it. :lol:
Your marsi pars, don't let me bail you out infront of everyone. What did you clean? A spec of dirt on your shoe pahahaha. I have to go hang laundry now and its 22:48 in Saudi *cries* Posted from TSR Mobile

Bail me out? Everyone already knows Jameelaxxx. Calm it yo. Wow. Rude. Much. Wow. :colonhash:LOL serves you right. Now, go and do it. :lol:

We see enough of this on whatsapp, don't think Isoc needs to see it :rolleyes:
Reply 8090
Brothers and sisters, if you had to/chose to make Hijrah, where would you go?
Original post by Biryani007
We see enough of this on whatsapp, don't think Isoc needs to see it :rolleyes:

LOOL. Can't help it. Now stop rolling your eyes. :colonhash:
Im going to be at this event tomorrow. If your in Birmingham see you there. :ahee:

Spoiler

Original post by brithday
please pray for me as I have important exam coming up thank and amazing thread so happy I found it may
Allah bless all of you :colondollar:

May Allah make you pass your exam with flying colours.
Oh this is going to be exciting!
Original post by Mary562
Oh this is going to be exciting!

What is ?
LOOL. Can't help it. Now stop rolling your eyes. :colonhash:

I shall do what I please :colone:
You better get back to finding a good, flexible and rewarding hubby :lol:
This made moi cry.:cry2:

[video="youtube;5kpWbO8Dvnk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kpWbO8Dvnk[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Biryani007
I shall do what I please :colone:You better get back to finding a good, flexible and rewarding hubby :lol:

No you shall not. :colonhash:

LOOOL help me out init. I'll find one for you too. Helping out a sister. :lol:
Original post by Kadak
What is ?

The sky :colonhash:

:lolwut:

Latest

Trending

Trending