The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by lionelmessi19
No I don't use videos for maths.. but videos help me too.
For maths, I only do practise papers and any difficult questions that we are given in class..
If I don't understand something, i'll look it up in my notes or revision guide

Sounds a sensible method! I just didn't know many good revision channels. My college uploads past paper demos which are good, but not much else in the way of tutorials haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Sounds a sensible method! I just didn't know many good revision channels. My college uploads past paper demos which are good, but not much else in the way of tutorials haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, my college do that too.. I think there are a few good maths ones..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCgGyPD6MYQcHuMIc-Kv-Uw
This teacher is pretty good I think.. I've seen a couple of his videos before
Reply 142
Yeah, my college do that too.. I think there are a few good maths ones..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCgGyPD6MYQcHuMIc-Kv-Uw
This teacher is pretty good I think.. I've seen a couple of his videos before

Ooh thank you! I've heard of him before. I think he teaches at a college in Southampton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ooh thank you! I've heard of him before. I think he teaches at a college in Southampton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No probs :wink:
Reply 144
No probs :wink:

Do you think that it's worth doing papers from like 2005 or will these be too far removed from what it is like today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can never do the final vector questions in this. 100 ums in only around 67-68 though so it's cool
Original post by CD223
Do you think that it's worth doing papers from like 2005 or will these be too far removed from what it is like today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't bother.. They'd be pretty easy. The more recent papers tend to ask you to do things indirectly, and make you do so much more to get to the final answer. The older papers tend to be more directly asked.
Very difficult to explain! :frown:
Reply 147
Original post by ubisoft
I can never do the final vector questions in this. 100 ums in only around 67-68 though so it's cool

I struggle with vectors all the time. Also find some differential equations questions quite hard - forming them and subbing numbers in is okay, but then using them to prove equations is quite hard on occasions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
I wouldn't bother.. They'd be pretty easy. The more recent papers tend to ask you to do things indirectly, and make you do so much more to get to the final answer. The older papers tend to be more directly asked.
Very difficult to explain! :frown:

I think I understand - the recent papers aren't as guided.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I think I understand - the recent papers aren't as guided.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I meant
Original post by ubisoft

Yeah, I can't do vectors either! I especially hate the "finding the distance of the perpendicular line" question
Reply 151
Yeah, I can't do vectors either! I especially hate the "finding the distance of the perpendicular line" question

Hmm. I don't like it when they introduce shapes like rectangles, or rhombus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hmm. I don't like it when they introduce shapes like rectangles, or rhombus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I hate that too! Question 8 January 2011 is exactly that!

Those are usually fine. I am talking about when they have trapeziums or triangles and you have to find two possible coordinates.

If you think that's bad, I have to do FP4, the whole spec is on vectors and matrices... :frown:

What grades do you guys need for your firm?
Reply 154
Oh I hate that too! Question 8 January 2011 is exactly that!

Precisely. Horrid question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubisoft
Those are usually fine. I am talking about when they have trapeziums or triangles and you have to find two possible coordinates.

If you think that's bad, I have to do FP4, the whole spec is on vectors and matrices... :frown:

Yeah, I don't like them either.. I feel sorry for you :frown:
I need AAA
You?
Reply 156
Original post by ubisoft

Me too! Totally the same. One of the 2012 questions today was hard in finding possible coordinates of a point.

I need AAA for Computer Science at Bath. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I don't like them either.. I feel sorry for you :frown:
I need AAA
You?

Original post by CD223
Me too! Totally the same. One of the 2012 questions today was hard in finding possible coordinates of a point.

I need AAA for Computer Science at Bath. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A in maths should be a breeze :biggrin: (I assume you do Further maths?)

I need A*A*A lol and have to get 90 on FP4, and I cant even do C4 vectors :s-smilie:
Original post by ubisoft

I need A*A*A lol and have to get 90 on FP4, and I cant even do C4 vectors :s-smilie:

That's quite a challenge!! I don't do further maths, or else i'd be screwed! I'm pretty sure CD223 does
Reply 159
Original post by ubisoft

I don't do further maths actually haha. One of my biggest regrets. I do Maths, Physics, Computing and History. I may look into FP1 and D1/2 over the summer to get up to scratch before uni.

Providing I get 90 in C3 and C4, I can get 3 UMS on M2 to get an A* so I'm hoping for that!

Woah! Is your offer from Oxbridge I assume? For what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending