The Student Room Group

Ocr psychology help

Section b predictions for this years exam?!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

For the core studies, I'm expecting Samuel & Bryant to appear; it hasn't in the past few years.
Hi, does anyone know what the Behaviourist and Psychodynamic perspectives are on about? They've not come up in a while and they aren't listed under the main 5 approaches that we've done. What studies are included under them?
Original post by Craig1998
Hi, does anyone know what the Behaviourist and Psychodynamic perspectives are on about? They've not come up in a while and they aren't listed under the main 5 approaches that we've done. What studies are included under them?

The behaviourist perspective actually came up in Section C of last year's exam, so you don't need to worry about that.

For psychodynamic the studies would include Freud (Little Hans) and Thigpen and Cleckley (A case of multiple personality disorder).

Edit: If you are really struggling with the psychodynamic approach, I suggest not wasting your time learning it and instead focusing on the other approaches. Even if it comes up in the exam, you'll have the choice to ignore it and choose an easier approach instead.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Claros
The behaviourist perspective actually came up in Section C of last year's exam, so you don't need to worry about that.

For psychodynamic the studies would include Freud (Little Hans) and Thigpen and Cleckley (A case of multiple personality disorder).

Edit: If you are really struggling with the psychodynamic approach, I suggest not wasting your time learning it and instead focusing on the other approaches. Even if it comes up in the exam, you'll have the choice to ignore it and choose an easier approach instead.

What do they mean though? From the examples you've said are the psychodynamic ones case studies?
Original post by Craig1998
What do they mean though? From the examples you've said are the psychodynamic ones case studies?

Not all case studies are psychodynamic, just the ones I have given you.

They support the psychodynamic approach because a couple of assumptions are:

Our behaviour and feelings are heavily influenced by unconscious processes (Freud- refers to the phobias and fantasies Little Hans experiences due to his unconscious attraction to his mother and fear of his father)

Our behaviour and feelings as adults are rooted in our childhood experiences (Eve's experience with her dead grandmother as a child is what was believed to have triggered her MPD)

Hope this is helpful. If you still don't understand it, another option is to just ignore this approach and study the other approaches. If this comes up in the exam, you'd just choose the other one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending