The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8740
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Hello everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiyaa!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's everyone's favourite anime series ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8742

Posted from TSR Mobile

Has to be FMAB!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a Top 50, but if I had to pick just the one, it'd likely be Baccano! :yes:
Hello everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! :smile:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
^ Cara reckons it could be Busou Chuugakusei: Basket Army, which sounds about right to me. :biggrin:

No wonder you couldn't identify it immediately - doesn't seem to have done too well!
That being said I'm actually kind of curious and want to watch it now despite the bad reviews.
Original post by Ki Yung Na
No wonder you couldn't identify it immediately - doesn't seem to have done too well!
That being said I'm actually kind of curious and want to watch it now despite the bad reviews.

It's probably more to do with the fact I don't watch many shorts, it's likely I wouldn't be able to identify some of the more popular ones from the synopsis alone. I'm also interested in Basket Army now though, might watch it this weekend since it won't take up much time. :p:
It's probably more to do with the fact I don't watch many shorts, it's likely I wouldn't be able to identify some of the more popular ones from the synopsis alone. I'm also interested in Basket Army now though, might watch it this weekend since it won't take up much time. :p:

It's pretty much the same for me except time's not much of an issue since I'm still a student but I hate the fact that whenever I do take a break from anime my list of what to watch just seems to undertake rapid growth. :colondollar:

#otakulife
Hello guys, got an invite so I clicked to join group
Im Maki ^_~
I have a Top 50, but if I had to pick just the one, it'd likely be Baccano! :yes:

I'm leaning towards baccano! too and I just finished it 3 days ago haha, which character is your favourite ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Makashima
Im Maki ^_~

That was me, I though a few of the people from the 'Best anime of all time?' thread might like it here. :tongue: So welcome to the society!

I'm leaning towards baccano! too and I just finished it 3 days ago haha, which character is your favourite ?

I first watched it soon after it aired, then a second time at my university's Anime Society (I was on committee and recommended it!), and recently marathoned it a third time. Still as good as I remembered!

Baccano! has an amazing cast of characters, considering it's so short and there are so many of them! Hard to pick just the one, so I'll cop out by saying Isaac and Miria (they're very much a double act anyway :p:)
(edited 9 years ago)
x

Awww thanks so much :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
B
That was me, I though a few of the people from the 'Best anime of all time?' thread might like it here. :tongue: So welcome to the society!

I first watched it soon after it aired, then a second time at my university's Anime Society (I was on committee and recommended it!), and recently marathoned it a third time. Still as good as I remembered!

Baccano! has an amazing cast of characters, considering it's so short and there are so many of them! Hard to pick just the one, so I'll cop out by saying Isaac and Miria (they're very much a double act anyway :p:)

Haha yes, I hate how it was so short lived, but if it was too long, the quality may have suffered, it deserved a second season more than durara, or whatever it was, my favourite character is Jacuzzi, idk why he just had an element of coolness to him.

I first watched it 4 days ago, but I feel like a series veteran, I'm not sure whether I prefer this or ohshc... Despite them being such different anime

edited because I accidentally pasted something I don't know how
(edited 9 years ago)
Im Maki ^_~

Welcome! :smile:
Can anyone recommend something similar to The Tatami Galaxy?
Reply 8754
Im Maki ^_~

Hiya :smile:

What genre you guys into btw?

For me, Id prefer dark/action/thriller/tragedy
Hmmm like psycho-pass, tokyo ghoul, deadman wonderland etc

I did try watching non genre mentioned above, comedy - kokkuri san is soooo random
Original post by Red Fox
Can anyone recommend something similar to The Tatami Galaxy?

I just started that yesterday, so I'm probably not the best person to make suggestions based on the plot; however, it felt very similar in style to the director (Yuasa Masaaki)'s other works, so if it's the quirky animation you liked then I'd recommend starting there. Kaiba and the movie Mind Game are particularly good. :yes:

I did try watching non genre mentioned above, comedy - kokkuri san is soooo random

I'll watch virtually anything other than blatant fanservice shows with no redeeming plot or characters. I do have more of a preference for good stories and well animated action over romance and comedy though, and an interesting sci-fi/fantasy setting always makes things more interesting. :biggrin:
I just started that yesterday, so I'm probably not the best person to make suggestions based on the plot; however, it felt very similar in style to the director (Yuasa Masaaki)'s other works, so if it's the quirky animation you liked then I'd recommend starting there. Kaiba and the movie Mind Game are particularly good. :yes:

I really liked it. The dialogue is so fast, it must have some sort of record for that.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Reply 8759

I watch every genre lol I'll watch anything as long as it is well animated with a good plot line :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest