The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kateg7
So bad news or not do you reckon? What would she have said to me instead.. 'Yes you've been successful/no you've not made the cut' I can't imagine they're allowed to say either over the phone, which was why I found it bizarre that she asked my name. She said the decisions are given out from the admissions team in batches to admin staff who process them.. Does this mean that I'm not in one of the batches they've had yet? Presumably they've made all their decisions by now and it's just a case of waiting for it to reach us individually... Really hope we both get offers!!

Just speculating here but she was probably admin and wrongly assumed she could tell you over the phone. When she asked the admissions department they would have told her that decisions are only made via track/email and not over the phone.
Or she was checking if one had already been sent to you but possibly to an incorrect email address or something similar.
Original post by Kateg7
So bad news or not do you reckon? What would she have said to me instead.. 'Yes you've been successful/no you've not made the cut' I can't imagine they're allowed to say either over the phone, which was why I found it bizarre that she asked my name. She said the decisions are given out from the admissions team in batches to admin staff who process them.. Does this mean that I'm not in one of the batches they've had yet? Presumably they've made all their decisions by now and it's just a case of waiting for it to reach us individually... Really hope we both get offers!!

I guess by asking for your name they wanted to check
1) if you'd actually been interviewed
2) if you should have already received an email or not

And as people have said I don't think they're allowed to give decisions either way over the phone so really wouldn't worry!

Still waiting here as well, fingers crossed for us all!
Offer at 8:40!!! Over the moon is an understatement! Good luck to everybody waiting. X
haha that answered that question then, congratulations :smile:
Original post by Kateg7
Offer at 8:40!!! Over the moon is an understatement! Good luck to everybody waiting. X

Well after your panic yesterday it's really nice to see you get an offer. Here's to hoping you don't have to phone in to win! :P
Yeah when I called up yesterday they also asked my name and stuff, but then said decisions will be given out over a couple of weeks? Maybe I have a rejection, that's why she was being really sketchy. Honestly, I am so done with this entire process. It just seems that all unis agree that I am not good enough, but are unwilling to tell me why.
No I called and was told the exact same thing and then 40 mins later I received an offer.
Original post by Awesome_Alien
Yeah when I called up yesterday they also asked my name and stuff, but then said decisions will be given out over a couple of weeks? Maybe I have a rejection, that's why she was being really sketchy. Honestly, I am so done with this entire process. It just seems that all unis agree that I am not good enough, but are unwilling to tell me why.

Just me and you now Buddy. Finger's are crossed for you :smile:
Reply 1029
This wait is torture... :frown:
Original post by Kateg7

Congrats! Guess the worrying was for nothing :smile:
Original post by Awesome_Alien
Original post by MJK91
Just me and you now Buddy. Finger's are crossed for you :smile:

Fingers crossed for all of us. Hopefully it's good news and soon
Original post by dkc101
This wait is torture... :frown:

Original post by santi_92
Congrats! Guess the worrying was for nothing :smile:

Fingers crossed for all of us. Hopefully it's good news and soon

oops sorry! yes fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by MJK91
oops sorry! yes fingers crossed :smile:

Congratulations to you all :smile: I'm still expecting bad news, however!
Original post by hawflo
Congratulations to you all :smile: I'm still expecting bad news, however!

Same!!
Fingers crossed for all you peeps. Currently praying to all deities for a chance, I will put in a good word for all of you.
Reply 1035
OFFER!!!!

To all those waiting, chin up! It could come at any moment!
Thankfully my new phone arrives at 1pm today so will have some fun messing around with that and take my mind off this **** for the afternoon!

Hopes have dwindled now from an estimated 60% to something like 1% for me haha.
Original post by MJK91
Thankfully my new phone arrives at 1pm today so will have some fun messing around with that and take my mind off this **** for the afternoon!

Hopes have dwindled now from an estimated 60% to something like 1% for me haha.

Ohhhhh exciting! What phone have you bought?
Original post by dkc101
OFFER!!!!

To all those waiting, chin up! It could come at any moment!

Congrats! Honestly, how did you feel your interview went?
Just got an offer... I'd completely given up hope. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Quick Reply

Latest