The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard from Ward Hadaway at all??
Reply 5101

Did you hear just now? I'm obviously a rejection to then :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by boolive
I didn't really know either way but was really hoping for a vac scheme with them. Yeah that was last reply. I have one vac scheme with Squire Patton Boggs Leeds. What about you?

yeah I was the same tbh. That's still great through, congrats! Yeah I have one with Berwin leighton Paisner in London. Hope all else is well with you :smile:
Reply 5104
Original post by student652
Did you hear just now? I'm obviously a rejection to then :/

I heard earlier this afternoon. You never know, maybe you're still under consideration. good luck!
Browne Jacobson telephone interview
Finally got my Cooley PFO.

Now if only Gibson Dunn Crutcher would get back to me...
Is anyone going for the Cooley Open Day?
PFO Cooley but being "considered for an open day" is that what anyone else got?
Original post by Fruit-twist
PFO Cooley but being "considered for an open day" is that what anyone else got?

I've had a similar email. Are you planning to attend? :/
Reply 5110
Original post by Joshua_93
Has anyone heard from Ward Hadaway at all??

Nothing yet. Fingers crossed! :-)
Original post by xixi0lynn
I've had a similar email. Are you planning to attend? :/

I got the email it said they would email me by 13th if there was a place as it is full at the moment....
Original post by student652
I got the email it said they would email me by 13th if there was a place as it is full at the moment....

So much for 'attention for detail', I was quite upset and hence misread the email: just found out I have been invited for the open day.

Not sure whether to attend given I've gotten a PFO for the vacation scheme.
(edited 9 years ago)
Come on Eversheds...
Original post by xixi0lynn
So much for 'attention for detail', I was quite upset and hence misread the email: just found out I have been invited for the open day.

Not sure whether to attend given I've gotten a PFO for the vacation scheme.

You should consider attending and use it as an opportunity to network with those in the firm.

I attended their open day last year (when they were EWP) and although they had filled all of their 2016 TC spots from the VS, I then submitted pretty much the same app for this year (except for the "Why Cooley?" Question) and got an invite to this year's AC.

I guess it depends on if you're feeling confident that you'll get a TC regardless this year then you may decide it's not worth going. But if you're keeping your options open just in case and want to apply again next year then the open day is a great opportunity to demonstrate your competence and most importantly be memorable!

If they've offered you a place on their open day, they do like your app and at least if you have to apply again (hopefully not the case if you get one this year) then you have a slight edge over other candidates as you've been there, can add in your experience because of the open day and graduate recruitment will likely remember you.

Slightly wordy response but just my two pence worth :smile: Good luck!
Reply 5115
Do you know if the invite for the AC is only for the summer vac scheme or also for the TC? I applied for the open day, vac scheme and TC and in the invite for AC, it says thank you for applying for a vac scheme. So I'm a bit confused.

Original post by legal_nyx
You should consider attending and use it as an opportunity to network with those in the firm.

I attended their open day last year (when they were EWP) and although they had filled all of their 2016 TC spots from the VS, I then submitted pretty much the same app for this year (except for the "Why Cooley?" Question) and got an invite to this year's AC.

I guess it depends on if you're feeling confident that you'll get a TC regardless this year then you may decide it's not worth going. But if you're keeping your options open just in case and want to apply again next year then the open day is a great opportunity to demonstrate your competence and most importantly be memorable!

If they've offered you a place on their open day, they do like your app and at least if you have to apply again (hopefully not the case if you get one this year) then you have a slight edge over other candidates as you've been there, can add in your experience because of the open day and graduate recruitment will likely remember you.

Slightly wordy response but just my two pence worth :smile: Good luck!
Original post by Omiclops
anyone still waiting on mischon de reya?

Still waiting on Mishcon de Reya post-video interview. Emailed them last week and they said they were currently screening and will get back to everyone soon.
Original post by kimiak
Do you know if the invite for the AC is only for the summer vac scheme or also for the TC? I applied for the open day, vac scheme and TC and in the invite for AC, it says thank you for applying for a vac scheme. So I'm a bit confused.

From my experience last year, they would usually hold separate ACs for their VS and their TCs. Also because they take so few trainees they had filled all of their TC spaces from their VS so all TC apps were no longer considered.

I assume that if this doesn't happen this year then your application would still be in the running for a TC AC if there are places still left after the VS.
(edited 9 years ago)
I had a final interview for a vacation scheme with a firm and unfortunately I wasn't offered a place on the vacation scheme but the firm suggested applying directly for a training contract. Equally last year I did a vacation scheme with a firm and I did not get offered a training contract at the end of it but I would like to apply directly for a training contract this year. Where the questions on the application for a training contract are the same as those on the vacation scheme application form, do people know whether you are expected to write different answers? My reasons for choosing the firms etc have not changed but I don't whether it looks bad to write the same answer but equally if I write a different one they might be like why have you changed everything you said before.
Reply 5119
Oh okay, Well I guess this is good news for people with Assessment days with them because if people perform well enough they are in line for TC.Did you get invited to the open day too?

Original post by legal_nyx
From my experience last year, they would usually hold separate ACs for their VS and their TCs. Also because they take so few trainees they had filled all of their TC spaces from their VS so all TC apps were no longer considered.

I assume that if this doesn't happen this year then your application would still be in the running for a TC AC if there are places still left after the VS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending