Posted from TSR Mobile

The answers are online :tongue:
Original post by Mary562
The answers are online :tongue:

Yes you are right, sister maryam

How are you finding c3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
you can but thats wrong id say. You only use radians when you have a sin or cosine in the question, we have been taught this thats why i know haha

No this is wrong. default is radians as when working with sin and cos and functions of x without trig radians must be used as radians is a measure of arc length on the cartesian plane. Degrees is just relative to one rotation or unit circles and cant be linked to other lines such as y=x or whatever if you get what I am saying. If an equation is yx-sinxtanx then because we are dealing trig and x n y's so we use radians here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hex-666-triene
Yes you are right, sister maryam

How are you finding c3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's going pretty well (just doing past papers), focusing on Core 4 atm

And yourself?

This might be tru you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mary562
It's going pretty well (just doing past papers), focusing on Core 4 atm

And yourself?

Masha'allah, sister. Keep it up

C4 is a bit of a pain, yeah

But just as long as you can nail the integration, you'll have like a C in C4 already... Theres just so much integration :lolwut:

I havent really started c3 yet, but i am nailing c1/c2 now :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Masha'allah, sister. Keep it up

C4 is a bit of a pain, yeah

But just as long as you can nail the integration, you'll have like a C in C4 already... Theres just so much integration :lolwut:

I havent really started c3 yet, but i am nailing c1/c2 now :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol

Yes true indeed - Integration stills needs mastering

Lol are you doing them again - I'm repeating S1.
Reply 371
Original post by physicsmaths
No this is wrong. default is radians as when working with sin and cos and functions of x without trig radians must be used as radians is a measure of arc length on the cartesian plane. Degrees is just relative to one rotation or unit circles and cant be linked to other lines such as y=x or whatever if you get what I am saying. If an equation is yx-sinxtanx then because we are dealing trig and x n y's so we use radians here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Err can you explain this more simple please, I'm confused now (sorry)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but in simple english if you have sin cos or tan or sec or cosec or anything TRIG! then you use radians
otherwise if the question has none of the above and simple x without trig its Normal DEGREES without changing to radians. Trust me this is super accurate and im sure we are on the same page talking about the same thing but i'm being more simple.
Someone explain to me how to find range and domain of any graph? eg g(x)= x+2/x-1
what's the range of that?
Reply 374
Yeah but in simple english if you have sin cos or tan or sec or cosec or anything TRIG! then you use radians
otherwise if the question has none of the above and simple x without trig its Normal DEGREES without changing to radians. Trust me this is super accurate and im sure we are on the same page talking about the same thing but i'm being more simple.

Yes you're definitely right it works the way you said. In the Jan 2007 Q6d it just tells you to find X1, X2.. I looked in the question if any Trig was mentioned, and it didn't so just found the iterative in degrees and got the right answer. So definitely shouldn't use radians in 'default' form. What you said defo works. Thanks again :thumbsup:
Reply 375

This is correct.
I haven't followed everything that's been said, but:

If there are sines and cosines (or other trig functions) involved and it doesn't say to use degrees, then use radians.

If there's no sines and cosines, then it makes no difference what you use.
Reply 377
I'm just going over C3 at the moment. Any tips? (Good to know that integration is so important for C4!)
Original post by Viggi
I'm just going over C3 at the moment. Any tips? (Good to know that integration is so important for C4!)

If you get really stuck in proving a trig identity change everything to sin and cos. I have found this advice has helped all my friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viggi

Practice as much trig as you can from the textbook. Have a go at all of the past papers and see where you lose marks. Also have a look at the 2013/2014 papers if you can.

Latest

Trending

Trending