The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6760
Original post by difeo
20 is not 21

"will get 20" would generally mean "will get a minimum of 20" - still not happening. To have 21, you must have 20 anyway..

Good pickup though that his actual table is impossible :p:
(edited 9 years ago)
Let's be real here, I expect us to be knocked out by Reading. Don't forget Schezny's in goal.
Reply 6762
Original post by AR_95
Let's be real here, I expect us to be knocked out by Reading. Don't forget Schezny's in goal.

Look at you using the pessimism tactic :lol:

Deep down you're confident, you know that we have too much fire power to lose that game.. no matter how many we concede. But to the world you'll say we'll lose so that you don't jinx it, and that if we do lose, you won't get people like Luke et al quoting you left right and centre.

I had the same approach for the Liverpool game for the chaps at work haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Look at you using the pessimism tactic :lol:

Deep down you're confident, you know that we have too much fire power to lose that game.. no matter how many we concede. But to the world you'll say we'll lose so that you don't jinx it, and that if we do lose, you won't get people like Luke et al quoting you left right and centre.

I had the same approach for the Liverpool game for the chaps at work haha

I don't remember the last team who won the cup back to back. City were knocked out by Wigan last year again so I just have the an irk feeling that Reading is going to be a very tough match, hence Schezny scores an own goal or something etc. Don't forget we were 4-0 down to them last game hahaha
Original post by SA-1
True say, it's either 21 or 19.

My bad.

What's 9+10
21!!!!!!!
:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

Szs is better than poverty Ospina.

In a penalty shoot out its like facing an oompa loompa in goal ffs
Original post by leinad2012
Szs is better than poverty Ospina.

In a penalty shoot out its like facing an oompa loompa in goal ffs

Ospina is the more reliable keeper over 90 where as Schezny has better shot stopping ability. Don't forget how bad Schezny's ball distribution is that often leads to mistakes by our players and the opposition pressurising us in our own half.
Original post by AR_95
I don't remember the last team who won the cup back to back. City were knocked out by Wigan last year again so I just have the an irk feeling that Reading is going to be a very tough match, hence Schezny scores an own goal or something etc. Don't forget we were 4-0 down to them last game hahaha

Chelsea just a few years ago
Sorry but Arsenal NOT beating Chelsea or Man Utd = 4th. Provided that neither drops points obviously (and Man City drops points only to Utd). If every other match is a 0-0 then the top 4 would be
1 Chelsea 38 45 94
2 Man Utd 38 32 80
3 Man City 38 38 79
4 Arsenal 38 34 78

(I think everybody knows by now but if the league table were determined by putting together the first half of one season with the second half of the previous then Arsenal would've won the title in 2013 but still come fourth the following year :tongue:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Ospina is the more reliable keeper over 90 where as Schezny has better shot stopping ability. Don't forget how bad Schezny's ball distribution is that often leads to mistakes by our players and the opposition pressurising us in our own half.

True but that's more down to lavl of maturity. I'd rather have szs in a cup game that could go to pens than ospina
Arsenal will finish above UTD they will lose to City and Arsenal will win tomorrow
Costa will be out for the Arsenal match. No excuse not to win really.

He's also missing games against QPR Leicester and United. Just imagine if UTD and one of QPR/Leicester beat them..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
Run in prediction (if this goes massively wrong, then hello FF quotes thread):

Burnley - W
Chelsea - L
Hull - W
Swansea - W
United - L
Sunderland - W
West Brom - W

Ending on 78 points.

Chelsea - 90
Arsenal - 78
Man City - 76
Man Utd - 76
Liverpool - 74

Close table :yy:

United run in

City - W/D?
Chelsea - L?
Everton - W
West Brom - W
Crystal Palace - W
Arsenal - W
Hull - W

If you have us to beat Arsenal, who are we going to drop points too outside of City and Chelsea. Unless you think Everton or Palace away will drop us points. If we draw with City, lose to Chelsea and win the rest of our games. It'll be down to goal difference between the two of us :colone:
Quite nervous about tomorrow, I really don't think we'll win against Burnley.
Original post by leinad2012
Quite nervous about tomorrow, I really don't think we'll win against Burnley.

It's one thing to take points from City, United, Spurs and Saints, it's another thing to fail to do so against Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and Swansea (at home). So they're your average Joe
Original post by shawn_o1
It's one thing to take points from City, United, Spurs and Saints, it's another thing to fail to do so against Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and Swansea (at home). So they're your average Joe

We need to go there with the attitude that we're going to blow them away in the first 15 minutes and absolutely trash them, not that we're going to turn up and play casually and get a cheeky 2-1 win
The exact teams you don't want to be playing in the run in is definitely that bottom 5/6. Scrappy & desperate. First goal is the most important at this stage of the season.
We've scored a league high 20 goals from set pieces this season, never thought I'd see the day.

And we've won 13 drawn 3 lost 0 against the bottom half teams this year. Absolutely crazy effort.

It just shows how **** we've been against 6-10th place teams: Lost to Tottenham, Soton, Swansea and Stoke but to be fair took 6 points against West Ham (and we still have to Swansea at hoome and should win that). Still, 15 points from 9 games against the 2nd quarter teams really isn't that great, even 18 from 10 isn't outstanding.

And let's be honest with ourselves 8 points from 6 games against the rest of the top 5 may be an improvement on last year, but it still isn't outstanding, Chelsea have 12 from 6 and no loses. If we were by some miracle to beat Chelsea at home and United away (my bet right now would be 1 point at best), then 14 from 8 is moving in the right direction, but we could well end up with 8 from 8. We can be flat track bullies all we like, but until we at least up our record against the top half up to 2 points a game we won't be winning titles any time soon.
Original post by IanLim93
United run in

City - W/D?
Chelsea - L?
Everton - W
West Brom - W
Crystal Palace - W
Arsenal - W
Hull - W

If you have us to beat Arsenal, who are we going to drop points too outside of City and Chelsea. Unless you think Everton or Palace away will drop us points. If we draw with City, lose to Chelsea and win the rest of our games. It'll be down to goal difference between the two of us :colone:

I am thinking draws against City and Everton, and a loss against Chelsea, with wins against the rest (including us).
Original post by samba
You think Liverpool are going to get 20 points in 7 games and that Man Utd will get 14? The latter is possibly believable; the former, almost impossible.

Original post by difeo
Not almost, it's mathematically impossible.

I mugged myself off by forgetting their upcoming fixture against Villa was in the FA cup, not the PL.

Latest