The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MJK91
Thank you all! I can't believe it. 3 years of hell getting to this point! :smile: oh my god.

Massive congratulations!
Question. I'm pretty sure everyone was made a conditional offer. I got a 1st in undergrad and I'm doing my masters right now so I expected the conditions to be that I have to get a merit regardless of my undergrad grade. But the conditions of the offer were just fill in the fitness to practice form with no mention of my MSc. Does this mean what I think it means? Because if it does I will feel much more relaxed about my thesis.
Original post by Jezzyfet
Batches be trippin'.
P.S It's terrible reject your offers so i can have one!

I'm in my 2nd year of GEM in London(in clinical now woo), hence no offers to give out this year :wink:
Reply 1163
Original post by santi_92
Question. I'm pretty sure everyone was made a conditional offer. I got a 1st in undergrad and I'm doing my masters right now so I expected the conditions to be that I have to get a merit regardless of my undergrad grade. But the conditions of the offer were just fill in the fitness to practice form with no mention of my MSc. Does this mean what I think it means? Because if it does I will feel much more relaxed about my thesis.

No you get in on your u/g degree you are the same as me last year ....As long as you are finished (ie able to start in September then you can fail the masters (not that you will...:smile:..) and still be admitted THE ONLY CONDITIONS ARE THE FITNESS TO PRACTICE ETC....Oh yea congrats well done
(edited 9 years ago)
I just rang the office at warwick.

The team finishes early on fridays around 4 pm.

So either they may stay behind late for a bit to get some offers out or
leave it till monday...
Original post by sonic25
I just rang the office at warwick.

The team finishes early on fridays around 4 pm.

So either they may stay behind late for a bit to get some offers out or
leave it till monday...

hey, did they mention how many offers were left to give out?
there was an automated response saying the office is closed. ring back on monday

So it appears nobody is there.
ah ok, so we wait until monday then. ho hum.
Ahh waiting until Monday! It prolongs the hope! ... If Batman taught me one pessimistic fact of life its that - “There can be no true despair without hope” - Bane, 2012.
Got a warwick offer yesterday! Rather unexpectedly, as I thought my interview was awful. Apparently even if the interviewers all look like they hate you, they don't necessarily hate you! :confused:

Well done everyone with offers, and good luck to those still waiting :smile:
Original post by franchango
Got a warwick offer yesterday! Rather unexpectedly, as I thought my interview was awful. Apparently even if the interviewers all look like they hate you, they don't necessarily hate you! :confused:

Well done everyone with offers, and good luck to those still waiting :smile:

Well done! :smile: See you in September. Join the FB group :biggrin:
Thanks! I'm not a definite though as (unbelievably) it's my second offer so now I've got a big decision to make! :s-smilie:
Well done to you too! I think we've all been rooting for you. You're like a minor celebrity on here haha
Thanks! I'm not a definite though as (unbelievably) it's my second offer so now I've got a big decision to make! :s-smilie:
Well done to you too! I think we've all been rooting for you. You're like a minor celebrity on here haha

Might charge for autographs to get me through medical school!

Ahh that's a great problem to have though :smile: Where's your other offer?
Original post by MJK91
Might charge for autographs to get me through medical school!

Ahh that's a great problem to have though :smile: Where's your other offer?

That mightn't be a bad idea if some of student finances rules are anything to go by :wink:

Yes a very unexpected problem! The other one is Leicester. Apparently I need to make my decision based on 'important factors' though, not whether the start date of the course interferes with my summer holiday plans or not, haha :rolleyes:
Original post by utrect
No you get in on your u/g degree you are the same as me last year ....As long as you are finished (ie able to start in September then you can fail the masters (not that you will...:smile:..) and still be admitted THE ONLY CONDITIONS ARE THE FITNESS TO PRACTICE ETC....Oh yea congrats well done

Thanks for replying. That's definitely a huge load off my mind. And thanks :smile:
That mightn't be a bad idea if some of student finances rules are anything to go by :wink:

Yes a very unexpected problem! The other one is Leicester. Apparently I need to make my decision based on 'important factors' though, not whether the start date of the course interferes with my summer holiday plans or not, haha :rolleyes:

To be fair they're both pretty close together so you can still come to TSR Warwick nights as an honorary medic :P
I have a question for everyone. Where are you planning on living? Everyone in an around Coventry? Or is anyone planning on commuting?

My girlfriend works in London so we may choose to move somewhere in between and both commute.
Original post by Graftus
I have a question for everyone. Where are you planning on living? Everyone in an around Coventry? Or is anyone planning on commuting?

My girlfriend works in London so we may choose to move somewhere in between and both commute.

As it stands I don't have a car, so have to live close to students so I can hitch a ride assuming I can't get a car in time. Probably Leamington? But need to speak to locals a bit first!

My girlfriend is moving down with me so need to find someone to share with who's happy for a non-student to be living there too!
Original post by Graftus

You might wanna post your question in the FB group to get a better response :smile: It's getting more lively now :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/838453986208343/839352972785111/?comment_id=839440186109723&notif_t=group_comment_reply
I'm thinking of looking for somewhere in Coventry. Would have loved to live in Leamington Spa but it looks slightly more expensive and thinking it would be further from the hospitals :/

I also won't be able to afford a car anymore :bawling:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending