The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2015

Scroll to see replies

Didn't manage to get in but wasn't too surprised with ACORN category 1 :')
Original post by LoveToArgue
For the people who got in, what are your ACORN values?

I got in for PPE. My ACORN category is 4 but the description definitely doesn't describe my household. I got 12A*s and 2As.
(edited 8 years ago)
Got an offer for engineering :') So relieved
Anyone else got in for Comp Sci?
I got a reserve offer for medicine so I'll get it if someone drops out I think. Idk how I feel about it. It's better than getting rejected I guess.
Anyone else in the same boat?

I had 10a*s 1a and 55 acorn but my PS was crap; spent 25 minutes on it on the deadline day.
(edited 8 years ago)
So happy I have a place for French!! Anyone else going to be studying French? :smile:
I got in for English! (I'm quite surprised as I only got 8A*s 4As at GCSE). I'm not sure if I'll be going though, my mum's ill and I'm not sure if I even want to apply to Oxford. I'll have to decide before the deadline! Congrats to everyone else who got in, and to those who didn't, don't get put off from applying for the Uni itself come autumn! :smile:
Acorn value of 5, 10A*s, 1A didn't get a place for medicine unfortunately. Well done and best of luck to everyone who has though :smile:
Original post by 09cbail1
So happy I have a place for French!! Anyone else going to be studying French? :smile:

I'm doing French, too!!
Okay finally found my ACORN data...

Category 1
Type 5
GCSE's: 7A*'s, 3A's + B

Got into Middle Eastern
Original post by danpac97
I'm doing French, too!!
I cannot believe that there were only 15 places for French, and we have two of them! Yay! :smile:
I cannot believe that there were only 15 places for French, and we have two of them! Yay! :smile:

Hey, how/where do you find out how many places there were available for each course?
Original post by Dr. Swiftie
I got a reserve offer for medicine so I'll get it if someone drops out I think. Idk how I feel about it. It's better than getting rejected I guess.
Anyone else in the same boat?

I had 10a*s 1a and 55 acorn but my PS was crap; spent 25 minutes on it on the deadline day.

I'm on the reserve shortlist for Law! Anyone else? At least there's some hope! It's better than not getting on at all I guess:smile: It makes me want to get on even more though!
Original post by Dr. Swiftie
Hey, how/where do you find out how many places there were available for each course?

When you look at individual course pages on the UNIQ website, it has a little blue box on the right hand side with the header "Course Information" that tells you the date, places and requirements for the course.
I got in for Oncology :biggrin:

I know. How mad :biggrin:
Original post by notyous
same!!! so excited :biggrin:

Original post by hum1
Got in for oncology!!!

And me :wavey: From 1st - 7th August. See you there :tongue:
Got in for History: Race and Protest :smile: v happy
I got on for Maths!
Original post by AlphaBetaGamma
I got on for Maths!

What were your grades, ACORN score etc? If you don't mind

Posted from TSR Mobile