The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Just wondering if anyone here had a reserve interview earlier in march and are still waiting to hear? A couple of people mentioned we'd be emailed by the end of march and today's the last day, getting a bit nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally rejected from Cardiff (a bit upset but I had it coming). Just Firmed! See u all at Freshers!!!
hi! is exeter medicine recognized by GMC?
Original post by itshergrace
hi! is exeter medicine recognized by GMC?

The BMBS Medicine course isn't technically recognised by the GMC yet however, Exeter have kept largely the same course structure as when they were Peninsula and they are also working with the GMC to ensure that everyone graduates with a PMQ that is recognised. Have a read of the report here. They'll most defintely get GMC recognition by the time the first cohort of UEMS students graduate :biggrin:
Thanks a lot! How's medicine like in Exeter generally?
Firmed Exeter with Bristol as insurance choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, so I'm trying to decide which accommodation to apply for. Rowancroft will be my first choice and I was thinking of putting Rowancroft Mews as my second, but I'm really keen to have an en suite. Therefore I was looking at all the other blocks that are reasonably close to St Luke's and came across Northernhay and Trust House which are owned by UNITE as they're the only other ones with a 42+ week contract. Does anyone know if it's essential to have a 42+ week contract for medicine? As there's also James Owen Court but that's only 40 weeks.

What's everyone else thinking for accommodation? :smile:
Reply 1987
Hey I got an offer for the reserve list at Exeter yesterday but I heard by email as it won't appear on track and was just wondering what those with offers had been told were the academic requirements...AAA or A*AA?? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 96305
Hey I got an offer for the reserve list at Exeter yesterday but I heard by email as it won't appear on track and was just wondering what those with offers had been told were the academic requirements...AAA or A*AA?? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a contextual flag due to a naff school so mine was AAA but most others seem to be A*AA :smile:
Original post by 96305

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big congratulations on your offer as well!! :biggrin:
Reply 1990
Aww that's so good for you, best of luck!! I definitely know my school doesn't so A*AA it must be, cheers for the heads up! Aw thanks so much, you too!!! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 96305
Aww that's so good for you, best of luck!! I definitely know my school doesn't so A*AA it must be, cheers for the heads up! Aw thanks so much, you too!!! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!!!!have you been made an offer or are you now on the waiting list?i am on the waiting list and desparate to hear something!
Reply 1992
Original post by ea1997
Congrats!!!!!have you been made an offer or are you now on the waiting list?i am on the waiting list and desparate to hear something!

Aww thanks, congrats to you too!! You might've been in my interview room??
I was interviewed mid march for the reserve list then found out I had a place yesterday but I was told I wouldn't find out til aug if places freed up and then if I could take the place. What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Hey, so I'm trying to decide which accommodation to apply for. Rowancroft will be my first choice and I was thinking of putting Rowancroft Mews as my second, but I'm really keen to have an en suite. Therefore I was looking at all the other blocks that are reasonably close to St Luke's and came across Northernhay and Trust House which are owned by UNITE as they're the only other ones with a 42+ week contract. Does anyone know if it's essential to have a 42+ week contract for medicine? As there's also James Owen Court but that's only 40 weeks.

What's everyone else thinking for accommodation? :smile:

I am having the exact same issue!!! I'm keen for an ensuite and Rowancroft looks so nice! I THINK it has to be 42 week but I'm not 100% on that one..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cassie_brewer
I am having the exact same issue!!! I'm keen for an ensuite and Rowancroft looks so nice! I THINK it has to be 42 week but I'm not 100% on that one..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah apparently the majority of people who put a preference for Rowancroft get it, as they were having to put students who study on Streatham campus there last year because they didn't have enough spaces in the other accommodation. So it should be fine but I'm trying to get a second and third choice I'll be happy with just in case. I'm thinking I might go Trust House or Northernhay as second choice and Rowancroft Mews as third...
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Yeah apparently the majority of people who put a preference for Rowancroft get it, as they were having to put students who study on Streatham campus there last year because they didn't have enough spaces in the other accommodation. So it should be fine but I'm trying to get a second and third choice I'll be happy with just in case. I'm thinking I might go Trust House or Northernhay as second choice and Rowancroft Mews as third...

Yeah I reckon I'll do the same.. Really reassuring to know that most people get Rowancroft if they choose it though! Oh this is so exciting!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cassie_brewer
Yeah I reckon I'll do the same.. Really reassuring to know that most people get Rowancroft if they choose it though! Oh this is so exciting!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So it turns out they're not offering Trust House or Northernhay for this year:frown:( Think I'm going to be going Rowancroft, James Owen Court and then Rowancroft Mews….
They run a shuttle bus between Streatham and St Lukes in the morning and in the evening a few times each day, so you could always put down a Streatham accommodation choice and bus over each day? I think the bus put on by the uni is free :smile: The only thing you'd have to watch is the 40-week contract length, but if you give the accommodation office a ring, they'll be able to confirm whether that's okay. At the open day a few medics were talking about it though and they said they've known people live over on Streatham and they've coped fine. I'm going for Rowancroft, then Rowancroft Mews, then Lafrowda I think :P
Hey! Just wondering, what are the key differences between Rowancroft, Rowancroft Court and Rowancroft Mews? I'm probably going to put Rowancroft first but I'm not sure whether to put Court, Mews or James Owen Court (only a 40 week contract though) as my back up plans :smile:
Original post by aLittleBookWorm
Hey! Just wondering, what are the key differences between Rowancroft, Rowancroft Court and Rowancroft Mews? I'm probably going to put Rowancroft first but I'm not sure whether to put Court, Mews or James Owen Court (only a 40 week contract though) as my back up plans :smile:

I emailed Exeter about the 40 week contract thing for med students and they said you can apply for summer accommodation for a minimum of 4 weeks (this year they're keeping James Owen Court and one other block on Streatham open), which would cover you for the rest of the year. So don't let the contract length put you off JOC - it's my second choice next to Rowancroft. Mews and Court are both non-ensuite but from what current students have said Mews is better. I think you share with more people in Court :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending