The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlphaBetaGamma
I got on for Maths!

Which course? Numbers or chances? I'm on the chances one!
Original post by TirnanF
What were your grades, ACORN score etc? If you don't mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure where to get the ACORN information but my grades weren't that great (5A*'s and 7A's).
Original post by Uke_Kate
Which course? Numbers or chances? I'm on the chances one!

No sorry, I'm on the Numbers and Codes one.
Reply 383
I got on for engineering, is there anyone else?
Reply 384
Original post by Kay_Gupta
Got an offer for engineering :') So relieved

Me too ! :smile:
Congrats to everyone who got in! You'll have a blast, I loved my week - wish I could do it all over again. :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ToLiveInADream
I got in for Oncology :biggrin:

I got on for Oncology too!!! AHHHHH so unexpected! I wrote my personal statement for Medicine and decided that I'd have a better shot at Oncology so changed the course after the deadline!
I got in for Medicine!!!! Unbelievably excited, can't believe it just now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emem2011
I got in for Medicine!!!! Unbelievably excited, can't believe it just now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOW congrats! What were your GCSE grades/ACORN score (If you know it)?
Got an offer for Medicine! I am so happy and I am really looking forward to it :smile:
Hey guys! Did anyone get on for Spanish? I am so shocked to have been accepted, I didn't think my application was that strong :redface:

I almost applied for French (kind of wish that I did now because I've seen other French members here) but I figured I've done less Spanish stuff than I have French so the experience would be good.

The only problem is that I don't know how I'm going to get there... and I can't accept my place until i work it out. Hmm...
Original post by Dr. Swiftie
WOW congrats! What were your GCSE grades/ACORN score (If you know it)?

Thank you so much, can't believe it :smile:
I got 14A*s and I am not too sure on my acorn score, although I come from a school where people very very rarely go to Oxford so I don't imagine it would be high!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NewMedSH
What were your GCSEs and ACORN?

GCSEs: 10A*s, 1A & 1B

ACORN: 36
Original post by hola!!
Me too ! :smile:

Woo, good job man. Nice to see a fellow engineer in chat. My friend got in too so that means I know at least 2 other people going into the course.:smile:
It's not based on school, it's based on your postcode (and therefore type of house) - do you live in a large detached, or small terrace?

I live near the school though and it's not an affluent area at all, so I'd imagine as the polar 3 data (or whatever it's called haha) is pretty low the area will also be low :smile:
I live in a detached house by the way!
Original post by emem2011
I live near the school though and it's not an affluent area at all, so I'd imagine as the polar 3 data (or whatever it's called haha) is pretty low the area will also be low :smile:
I live in a detached house by the way!

Oh ok, anyway enjoy the week (hopefully it'll convince you to apply, god knows I'm not going to now)!
The summer school AND a detached house; I'd kill to be you man!
Is there really much hope for being on the reserved list?
It's a bittersweet place to be really, I'd just like to know either way!
Well done to everyone who got in:smile:
Oh ok, anyway enjoy the week (hopefully it'll convince you to apply, god knows I'm not going to now)!
The summer school AND a detached house; I'd kill to be you man!

Why won't you be applying anymore?
I've gone back and clicked accept like 20 times just incase it doesn't work the first time hahaha

Is there any way I can check that I've definitely accepted and its went through? The fact it allows me to go back and change my answer is a wee bit scary
Original post by belxesprit
Why won't you be applying anymore?

I have no confidence in applying - i have no way to receive support, such as that nobody in my family has ever even been to university! This would have been an opportunity to get help, but I'll now aim for universities such as Liverpool or Hull..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending