The Student Room Group

Ronaldo or Bale

This isnt just a question for us great man utd fans. For all fans except Real Madrid ones. If you were offered both (at the price which you value them at) who would you rather get . We ALL know about Ronaldo from his days with us before but now he's blossomed into the ultimate goal scorer and shows no sign of slowing down as long as his ego is appeased and he's happy playing. His goals to game ratio is outrageous and Rooney and Di Maria know his game better than anyone so that as a front three could cause mayhem in tandem.

Bale we also know from his days at Spurs and on his day he can be just as rampant but is much more a team player so weighs heavily with assists, also at five years younger would be a great long term investment. He's now adapted his game to play on the right, left or just off the striker so his adaptability allows changes in formation during games depending on the score.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ronaldo is way better than Bale only Messi is better than Ronaldo
Reply 2
Original post by al_94
Ronaldo is way better than Bale only Messi is better than Ronaldo

No he isn't!
Reply 3
Original post by HAnwar
No he isn't!

Messi is the best player in the world whether you like it or not
Reply 4
C'mon i didn't create a whos better thread. I created a who would you rather have between Bale or Ronaldo
lol bale...

ronaldo obviously and he's better than messi. Messi hasn't even left la liga ffs
Reply 6
For god sake please lads
Reply 7
Original post by al_94
Messi is the best player in the world whether you like it or not

No Ronaldo is the best player in the world. Fact.
Reply 8
Ronaldo now, Bale in a few years time.
Reply 9
Original post by HAnwar
No Ronaldo is the best player in the world. Fact.

Messi is probably the best in history Ronaldo is not.
Reply 10
Original post by Arkasia
Ronaldo now, Bale in a few years time.

Messi is better even our manager thinks Messi is the best ever.

The point isn't who's a better player now; it's who's a better signing right now. Which one would you rather take for your team.

Ronaldo's 30. No real signs of decline but I'd be surprised if we didn't see some soon. I also suspect that he'd score less goals in a team that isn't Madrid. And I think Bale would probably thrive in a team that isn't Madrid, and he's five years younger.

Ronaldo could probably play as a centre forward from age 32 onwards, extending his playing career, but 5-6 years of Bale as your centrepiece seems like a better option.
Ronaldo is better than Bale. Ronaldo is also better than Messi.

Messi needs to change teams/leagues to prove how good he is. The Spanish game is played a lot differently to the English game.
Reply 13
Original post by al_94
Messi is probably the best in history Ronaldo is not.

I didn't see Messi scoring five goals in the last game.
Reply 14
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
The point isn't who's a better player now; it's who's a better signing right now. Which one would you rather take for your team.

Ronaldo's 30. No real signs of decline but I'd be surprised if we didn't see some soon. I also suspect that he'd score less goals in a team that isn't Madrid. And I think Bale would probably thrive in a team that isn't Madrid, and he's five years younger.

Ronaldo could probably play as a centre forward from age 32 onwards, extending his playing career, but 5-6 years of Bale as your centrepiece seems like a better option.

Pretty much this.

That said, if Ronaldo was the same player as the Ronaldo that left Man Utd, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Ronaldo anyday
Original post by HAnwar

Against a third rate team like Gran Canaria...
Reply 17
Original post by TornadoGR4
Ronaldo is better than Bale. Ronaldo is also better than Messi.

Messi needs to change teams/leagues to prove how good he is. The Spanish game is played a lot differently to the English game.

Lol you Messi haters come up with dumb excuses CR7 was not the best player in BPL history but Messi is best in La Liga history he is going to win another La Liga this season Ronaldo can't match him.
Reply 18
Original post by HAnwar

He done it in the CL vs Leverkusen

Reply 19
Original post by al_94
Lol you Messi haters come up with dumb excuses CR7 was not the best player in BPL history but Messi is best in La Liga history he is going to win another La Liga this season Ronaldo can't match him.

There was a time when it was arguable. Not any more.

Latest