The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I can tell you that earlsdon is a good place to live for students, close the the city centre and the station, relatively nice place and good bus links to UHCW.
Original post by steveab
I can tell you that earlsdon is a good place to live for students, close the the city centre and the station, relatively nice place and good bus links to UHCW.

How easy is it getting around from say Earlsdon to Leamington? They stressed at Open Days etc most social events are in Leamington so would be good to know it's easy to get to public transport wise!
Original post by MJK91
How easy is it getting around from say Earlsdon to Leamington? They stressed at Open Days etc most social events are in Leamington so would be good to know it's easy to get to public transport wise!

There is a U1 bus that goes from the university to leamington that you can get a years pass for £330. Other than that you can cycle it, takes me about 40 minutes each way.
I got an offer today around lunch time and it still doesn't feel real!

What is the tile hill area like?
Original post by jules1205
I got an offer today around lunch time and it still doesn't feel real!

What is the tile hill area like?

I really wouldn't. It's kind of far out and it's definitely not the nicest area, it's cheap and there are bus links but I woudn't take anything valuable out there.
Original post by steveab
I really wouldn't. It's kind of far out and it's definitely not the nicest area, it's cheap and there are bus links but I woudn't take anything valuable out there.

Good to know, I'm attached to my valuable items.
Leamington is nice, lots of restaurants and bars but a little far out and quite expensive.
Earlsdon is close to the city centre and about 10 minutes walk to the medical school and relatively cheap.
Tile hill is cheap but far out (not as far as leamington, only about half an hours cycle) and unpleasant.
Kenilworth is a really nice little town, 15 minutes cycle from the university, restaurants and the like but not particularly cheap.
Original post by steveab
Leamington is nice, lots of restaurants and bars but a little far out and quite expensive.
Earlsdon is close to the city centre and about 10 minutes walk to the medical school and relatively cheap.
Tile hill is cheap but far out (not as far as leamington, only about half an hours cycle) and unpleasant.
Kenilworth is a really nice little town, 15 minutes cycle from the university, restaurants and the like but not particularly cheap.

Thanks for the info!
Original post by steveab

Earlsdon definitely sounds good to me at the moment! Thank you!!
Original post by danisk
Earlsdon definitely sounds good to me at the moment! Thank you!!

I lived about 10 minutes walk from earlsdon when I was growing up, really nice place, next to a giant park too which is great for the summer or if you like running or cycling.
Reply 1210
Earlson is further than 10m walk to campus. I'm a current student and people I know who live there either take the bus or cycle - both about 20m I think.
Original post by lv587
Earlson is further than 10m walk to campus. I'm a current student and people I know who live there either take the bus or cycle - both about 20m I think.

I suppose it depends which end you live at?

To be honest anything under 30m is an improvement from my last uni accommodation so I'll take that!
Try looking at Canley, some parts aren't too bad and it's the nearest place to campus.
Original post by lv587

If you live at the end near the war memorial Park it's not much more than 10 minutes, depends exactly where you are though
Reply 1214
Original post by MJK91
I suppose it depends which end you live at?

To be honest anything under 30m is an improvement from my last uni accommodation so I'll take that!

That is true, just something to keep in mind when looking at houses though. Would be sad to expect a 10m walk and get a 40m one
Original post by MJK91
OFFER!!!!!! **** YES!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm so happy.

See you in September :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bit late to the party but congratulations! Very well deserved!

And also well done to everyone else! I didn't even get an interview at Warwick so you've all done much better than me! :smile:
Original post by MJK91
OFFER!!!!!! **** YES!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeahhhh!!! Well dooonee!
We should have a very chilled drink next year to celebrate the magic of freezing :wink:
Hey guys anyone considering moving in with peeps from TSR? I won't be at the meet-your-fellows in July unfortunately but would be nice to move in with people, I'm not a huge fan of halls.
I personally don't have a car so would be looking at somewhere closeish to uni so I can cycle!

TLDR: anyone fancies some house hunting together? :biggrin:

Edit: sorry I'm late, there has been lots of housing talking. Earlesdon sounds nice, would be happy to move in with anyone that doesn't mind my boyfriend coming up for weekends :smile:
So for people talking earlier - I'd be in :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Deslucia
Hey guys anyone considering moving in with peeps from TSR? I won't be at the meet-your-fellows in July unfortunately but would be nice to move in with people, I'm not a huge fan of halls.
I personally don't have a car so would be looking at somewhere closeish to uni so I can cycle!

TLDR: anyone fancies some house hunting together? :biggrin:

Edit: sorry I'm late, there has been lots of housing talking. Earlesdon sounds nice, would be happy to move in with anyone that doesn't mind my boyfriend coming up for weekends :smile:
So for people talking earlier - I'd be in :wink:

Depending on the exact date of the post-offer day I may also not be able to make it and would be in the same position as you. I'm also reluctant to move I to halls, mainly because of how expensive they are!

I'd be up for moving in with TSR people, am excited to meet everyone! I'm fine with boy/girlfriends visiting :smile: In agreement that Earlsdon sounds nice, all I really want is to be within reasonable cycling distance!
I'm up for that :smile: I think I may be an unpopular choice though as I'm bringing my girlfriend and that means she/anyone in the house won't really be able to escape council tax?

If it's a big group then it's only like £5 a week each. But I could understand why people wouldn't want to move in with us :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending