Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
i dont know what to do :frown:

Anything we can help with?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big hugs for everyone :grouphugs:

The voices went away and let me do my conference presentation in peace :eek: AND I didn't fall over or say anything too daft.

TLG 1 - Voices 0 :king1:

That's so awesome!
Original post by Noodlzzz
Anything we can help with?

not sure just feel really unsafe here.

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
not sure just feel really unsafe here.

Spoiler

Can you stay at a friends tonight?
Can you stay at a friends tonight?

no :frown: my friends who are nearby are all going out tonight so i don't want to ruin their fun and everyone else is like 2+ hours away
I am a beacon of calm. Sure I'm running an hour late to a gig that I'm going to on my own and right now I want to curl up under the desk because my day keeps going wrong. But calm. Calm will be fine. I cycle and still make it there by 9 I have my ticket that I have printed off after leaving once and forgetting it and most importantly, I have cash and and ID so I can get cider as soon as I reach the place.
And I thought the gig itself would be the issue.
Original post by Valvopus
I am a beacon of calm. Sure I'm running an hour late to a gig that I'm going to on my own and right now I want to curl up under the desk because my day keeps going wrong. But calm. Calm will be fine. I cycle and still make it there by 9 I have my ticket that I have printed off after leaving once and forgetting it and most importantly, I have cash and and ID so I can get cider as soon as I reach the place.
And I thought the gig itself would be the issue.

:hugs: You can do it!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Cheers :biggrin:

I do want a tattoo just don't know where I want it!

:biggrin:

Thanks!

How rude :tongue: My dress sense is so odd. Sometimes I wear jeans and hoodies with a 'look at me and I'll stab you' look on my face but others I spend ages doing hair/make-up and really girly clothes :mmm:

When we were little my sister and I got shouted at for screaming in the bat cave :mmm:

Sorry :colondollar: I just stick to the jeans and hoodie bit :redface:
Did they scream back at you? :tongue:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big hugs for everyone :grouphugs:

The voices went away and let me do my conference presentation in peace :eek: AND I didn't fall over or say anything too daft.

TLG 1 - Voices 0 :king1:

Well done! Glad they left you alone, hopefully it says like that :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
no :frown: my friends who are nearby are all going out tonight so i don't want to ruin their fun and everyone else is like 2+ hours away

Don't know how much sense I'll make but around if talking would help :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Sorry :colondollar: I just stick to the jeans and hoodie bit :redface:
Did they scream back at you? :tongue:

Don't know how much sense I'll make but around if talking would help :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you

i might do, how are oyu though?? :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
thank you

i might do, how are oyu though?? :hugs:

Up to you :hugs: I'm okish I guess, tired and low and out of it but I'll be alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heeeeey :smile:

Question: Is there like a time frame for when you have to apply for student finance for second year (first year student)? I kinda want to know, so I can apply for it at some point in time :h:
Plus is it as stressful as it was when applying for it prior to first year? :lol:
Up to you :hugs: I'm okish I guess, tired and low and out of it but I'll be alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's hard to construct sentences. :s-smilie:

here if you need me though?
Original post by Pathway
it's hard to construct sentences. :s-smilie:

here if you need me though?

You don't need to be able to. I'll be alright, don't know what I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Struggling so badly. :frown:
Actually considering rotting in my room.
I got prescribed antidepressants today. Kind of relieved, but also feel like a huge failure. This sounds strange but i'm also worried about them working, and me having nothing to blame my stupidity/rubbishness on? As though I won't be able to function in the real, happy world.

I also have nobody to talk to. I'm a final year student at Cambridge and both my 2 absolute best friends in the world both have depression but are overcoming it and just starting to feel positive - there is no way I will be dragging them down and stressing them out with this. I don't feel i'm close enough to my other friends to talk about something this heavy with.

I feel really really alone. Having isolated myself for a while and avoided social events and spent so much time in bed, everyone just thinks I'm really lazy and boring at this point. I just want someone to talk to who will understand. Nobody here knows how much i'm struggling. :frown:
You don't need to be able to. I'll be alright, don't know what I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

Original post by SenSel
Struggling so badly. :frown:
Actually considering rotting in my room.

can i help at all?

----------

feel like crying bc too many reminders and i need it to go away
Original post by Pathway
:hugs:

can i help at all?

----------

feel like crying bc too many reminders and i need it to go away

Don't worry about it.
Sorry to hear you're struggling. :frown:
I find myself in lose-lose situations all the time. I don't like nights out, they cause anxiety and I try my best to avoid them. My friends know this and here lies the problem.
When they ask me to come out, I decline and thus it makes me feel bad cause they do mean well and like me enough to ask me, but I'm not comfortable. But some friends really do try and force me to go and it's just ARGHGRRRHJKJGHG.

I wish people just let me be me.
That's so awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks ladies :grouphugs:

Original post by Anonymous
I got prescribed antidepressants today. Kind of relieved, but also feel like a huge failure. This sounds strange but i'm also worried about them working, and me having nothing to blame my stupidity/rubbishness on? As though I won't be able to function in the real, happy world.

I also have nobody to talk to. I'm a final year student at Cambridge and both my 2 absolute best friends in the world both have depression but are overcoming it and just starting to feel positive - there is no way I will be dragging them down and stressing them out with this. I don't feel i'm close enough to my other friends to talk about something this heavy with.

I feel really really alone. Having isolated myself for a while and avoided social events and spent so much time in bed, everyone just thinks I'm really lazy and boring at this point. I just want someone to talk to who will understand. Nobody here knows how much i'm struggling. :frown:

That's not such a strange thought to have. I'm currently away from home and thus not on the Internet much but if it would help to PM someone who knows that Oxbridge pressure (albeit from The Other Place), you can PM and I'll reply on Monday when possible :smile:
Original post by IDukem
I find myself in lose-lose situations all the time. I don't like nights out, they cause anxiety and I try my best to avoid them. My friends know this and here lies the problem.
When they ask me to come out, I decline and thus it makes me feel bad cause they do mean well and like me enough to ask me, but I'm not comfortable. But some friends really do try and force me to go and it's just ARGHGRRRHJKJGHG.

I wish people just let me be me.

My friends are like this too, and it has came to the point where I am starting to get very snappy with them.

Latest