The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE english grade?

I got 34/50 in my mock and my teacher told me it was a C. Is this true? The only reason I question his is because if you look here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/194594/response/480880/attach/3/IGCSE%20First%20Language%20English%200522%20November%202013%20Grade%20Thresholds%20PDF.pdf in 2013 for an A you needed 27. I sat November 2014 paper, but she told us that for an A we needed 42. Is this correct? The paper was 0522/02 extended
Original post by RG110man

I got 34/50 in my mock and my teacher told me it was a C. Is this true? The only reason I question his is because if you look here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/194594/response/480880/attach/3/IGCSE%20First%20Language%20English%200522%20November%202013%20Grade%20Thresholds%20PDF.pdf in 2013 for an A you needed 27. I sat November 2014 paper, but she told us that for an A we needed 42. Is this correct? The paper was 0522/02 extended

Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Reply 2
same problem, i dont know why does anybody know please reply :frown:
I have no idea what your teacher is on about, in my mock which was held in march i got 34/50 and the overall grade for the paper i got was an A. However it may depend if you are doing the core or extended paper. I did the extended paper.Hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by Rockyboy
I have no idea what your teacher is on about, in my mock which was held in march i got 34/50 and the overall grade for the paper i got was an A. However it may depend if you are doing the core or extended paper. I did the extended paper.Hope this helps

i did the extended paper , i got like 35 she said its a C idk why , it was 0522/02 extended igcse
Reply 5

are you sure this was an A because the starter of this thread had the same problem ... and if its 27/50 thats like just over 50 percent which is really easy

also if u dont mind me asking what did u get in your coursework and s&l?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mark000
are you sure this was an A because the starter of this thread had the same problem ... and if its 27/50 thats like just over 50 percent which is really easy

also if u dont mind me asking what did u get in your coursework and s&l?

In my coursework i got a high B and for my speaking and listening i got a high B. My teachers predicted our overall grade for the whole exam using our coursework,s&l & the mock exam grade. In the mock exam i got 34/50 which is an A, overall including the coursework and s&l I got an A.
Reply 7
In my coursework i got a high B and for my speaking and listening i got a high B. My teachers predicted our overall grade for the whole exam using our coursework,s&l & the mock exam grade. In the mock exam i got 34/50 which is an A, overall including the coursework and s&l I got an A.

what marks did u get in the coursework and speaking and listening
Original post by mark000
what marks did u get in the coursework and speaking and listening

I think i got 34/40 for coursework but for s&l my teacher didn't give us a mark.
Reply 9
Original post by RG110man

I got 36 in my mock and I was told that, like you I had achieved a C grade, however it soon became clear that they just told us these grades to encourage us to work hard.
One of my friends went online and checked what the grades were for our tests and he came back and said that 29 was an A and I also seem to remember him saying that something like 38 was an A*.
Don't quote me on this but this is what I remember.
P.S. what are people doing for English and English lit revision. I have re-read the texts for lit but what else can be done?
It is an A, but I'm no insider.

And yes, the GCSEs/IGCSEs are very easy and are very bad tests. Not enough discrimination in the upper tier.
Reply 11
Original post by Little Toy Gun
It is an A, but I'm no insider.

And yes, the GCSEs/IGCSEs are very easy and are very bad tests. Not enough discrimination in the upper tier.

Thats fine by me, English and English lit have never been my strong point. I don't wish to be big headed but if there was a subject where I may not get an A it would be English Lit and so hopefully it will help me to get a clean sheet :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending