The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2015

Scroll to see replies

Wow! I was accepted for Economics and Management! I'm excited to meet all of the other weirdos who also got accepted. :biggrin:

Well done everyone who got in!
Original post by TheRavenclaw
Hey guys! Did anyone get on for Spanish? I am so shocked to have been accepted, I didn't think my application was that strong :redface:

I almost applied for French (kind of wish that I did now because I've seen other French members here) but I figured I've done less Spanish stuff than I have French so the experience would be good.

The only problem is that I don't know how I'm going to get there... and I can't accept my place until i work it out. Hmm...

Nice one!!! Spanish was my second option, but I got onto the French one. There are trains that go directly to Oxford which you could get. I was able to find one which surprised me. If not, changing isn't bad and you're reimbursed :smile:
Original post by kirstynsampson
one of my friends got on as well so there's at least three of us hahaha!

Four:smile:
Reply 403
Original post by Kay_Gupta
Woo, good job man. Nice to see a fellow engineer in chat. My friend got in too so that means I know at least 2 other people going into the course.:smile:

I know, looking forward to it. :smile: I know a few other girls who have applied but I haven't heard from them yet.
Reply 404
Got in for Middle Eastern and Oriental Studies, so pleased!!
Original post by NewMedSH
I have no confidence in applying - i have no way to receive support, such as that nobody in my family has ever even been to university! This would have been an opportunity to get help, but I'll now aim for universities such as Liverpool or Hull..

What aspect of support are you referring to, financial support?
Original post by studentsos
I've gone back and clicked accept like 20 times just incase it doesn't work the first time hahaha

Is there any way I can check that I've definitely accepted and its went through? The fact it allows me to go back and change my answer is a wee bit scary

Same with me - it doesn't seem like its done it properly haha! If I don't get an email / anything through the post before the 20th I might email and check?
Original post by NewMedSH
Oh ok, anyway enjoy the week (hopefully it'll convince you to apply, god knows I'm not going to now)!
The summer school AND a detached house; I'd kill to be you man!

Thank you so much, I can't believe it!!
Honestly you shoudn't give up. There are only a handful of spaces and there are way more for the actual university, so there's always hope! I actually know a few people who didn't get onto UNIQ but got into Oxford :smile:
Original post by Alzimondo
I got on for Oncology too!!! AHHHHH so unexpected! I wrote my personal statement for Medicine and decided that I'd have a better shot at Oncology so changed the course after the deadline!

So many of us here :tongue:It'll be so good, can't wait. See you there? We get to talk more on this UNIQ forum thing they set up soon :wink:
Original post by TheRavenclaw
Hey guys! Did anyone get on for Spanish? I am so shocked to have been accepted, I didn't think my application was that strong :redface:

I almost applied for French (kind of wish that I did now because I've seen other French members here) but I figured I've done less Spanish stuff than I have French so the experience would be good.

The only problem is that I don't know how I'm going to get there... and I can't accept my place until i work it out. Hmm...

I have a friend who got in for Spanish if you want to get to know someone who's going
Original post by Nijuuninichi
Wow! I was accepted for Economics and Management! I'm excited to meet all of the other weirdos who also got accepted. :biggrin:

Well done everyone who got in!

I was accepted for Economics and management too, see you in July!
got into maths (numbers, proofs and codes) yeii. :smile: 9 A* and 2A. don't think my acorn is correct as i live in rural west wales (one of the poorest areas in Britain) but my acorn is 12 and is nothing like my street while the street opposite me has an acorn of 43 and their houses are virtually the same :/ oh well got in anyway :smile:
Original post by hedwig8
Got in for History: Race and Protest :smile: v happy

Me too, I'll see you there! Great username by the way :')
Reply 413
Original post by matthewdjones
got into maths (numbers, proofs and codes) yeii. :smile: 9 A* and 2A. don't think my acorn is correct as i live in rural west wales (one of the poorest areas in Britain) but my acorn is 12 and is nothing like my street while the street opposite me has an acorn of 43 and their houses are virtually the same :/ oh well got in anyway :smile:

I got in for maths, numbers proofs and codes as well aha, see you there :smile:, I got 5A* and 5A in GCSE, i keep going onto the website and pressing accept to make sure i accept the place, i didn't receive an email though, so i emailed them asking to confirm i have accepted. Im so excited!!! Well done everyone :smile:
Anybody else not yet got a reply?
Original post by Wawasan
Anybody else not yet got a reply?

I think all of us here did, you should email them!
Reply 416
I'm still waiting, emailed them about an hour ago, so I'm not expecting a reply until tomorrow or monday, I definitely accepted the place though, just waiting for the 'Email' they send out.
can't believe I got into Medicine?! wasn't going to apply because it's so competitive
Original post by onlythewall
I think all of us here did, you should email them!

I have done, when do you reckon I'll hear back?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by amyfirkin
I was accepted for Economics and management too, see you in July!

I'm so happy to see someone on here that has also applied for it! See you too, good luck with exams and all that. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending