The Student Room Group

Forgetting what you revise?

okay so ive been revising quite a bit in these holidays but everything im revising im forgetting and its so frustrating because whats the point of all the hard work? what shall i do?
I feel so under pressure my targets are all a and a*s and i feel like i wont be achieving them.
thanks to anyone who replies and good luck in your exams:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by pxnda
okay so ive been revising quite a bit in these holidays but everything im revising im forgetting and its so frustrating because whats the point of all the hard work? what shall i do?
I feel so under pressure my targets are all a and a*s and i feel like i wont be achieving them.
thanks to anyone who replies and good luck in your exams:smile:

you "revise" it over and over again until you remember them, thats how memory retention works. you should go over things atleast 3 times if you want to keep it in your long term memory.

good luck with ur exams.
Reply 2
Seems like you might have working memory problems (if this can be proven by a psychologist or someone in SEN, you could potentially get extra time in your exam + computer)

Anyways, as far as revision goes you might want to try speaking things out to move things from your short term memory to long term. You can also play memory games during your down time to practice remember things visually.
Reply 3
change the way you revise different people remember things better in different ways

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by lilyobz
you "revise" it over and over again until you remember them, thats how memory retention works. you should go over things atleast 3 times if you want to keep it in your long term memory.

good luck with ur exams.

i go over everything quite a bit but i still manage to forget. This didnt happen to me before just recently i cant remember anything:redface:
I agree with the above for some topics I have to revise them multiple times I have revised electrolysis at least 4 times now.

What I do is I have an app called evernote on my phone and because it is exam season whenever I am on the bus or need to waste time productively I note down the things I remember from revision.

Quick Reply

Latest