The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
And even Highfield Road, seems a century ago that I was watching us draw against Arsenal there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Mackay
Never frequented there unfortunately. Been to the Ricoh once, though. Albeit for a Kings of Leon gig.

Highfield was the best thing the Sky Blues had after relegation by having a great stadium that they owned. Now the Ricoh is mostly empty and seems to spur the opposition (no disrespect to the smaller clubs in the division) in playing in such a high standard venue of PL standard.

I have gone to watch football at both, in "small" and "big" games and Highfield Road wins hands down. If Coventry actually owned the Ricoh then it would be a different story.
2-0 down t half time, conceded in like the 1st minute. We've had some good chances though and the play has been okay from all accounts, so there's still a chance we might get something out of this.
Poor result for MK away to Port Vale - listened on the radio and sounded like if anything we were lucky not to give away a penalty / go down to 10 men after around half an hour. 0-0 a fair result. :frown:
Reply 3163
Looks like we've had the last laugh. Leeds were desperately poor.
Original post by Icecream1
Highfield was the best thing the Sky Blues had after relegation by having a great stadium that they owned. Now the Ricoh is mostly empty and seems to spur the opposition (no disrespect to the smaller clubs in the division) in playing in such a high standard venue of PL standard.

I have gone to watch football at both, in "small" and "big" games and Highfield Road wins hands down. If Coventry actually owned the Ricoh then it would be a different story.

Are you a City fan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alex_hk90
Poor result for MK away to Port Vale - listened on the radio and sounded like if anything we were lucky not to give away a penalty / go down to 10 men after around half an hour. 0-0 a fair result. :frown:

Thanks for nothing chaps...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, the Championship battle is keeping up the excitement. Definitly down to the top 4 now for automatic, still seperated by just 2 points. Then you've got Norwich, dropping from 2nd to 4th thanks to Middlesborough and Watford winning, but then getting a stoppage time winner to leap back to 2nd. Shows what a manager Alex Neil is too. He knew that a point was as bad as a loss with how tight it is at the top, so brought on 2 more strikers to get the goal.
Original post by Midlander
Are you a City fan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I have a lot of family and friends in Coventry.

Good win today but still only a three point gap to the relegation zone.
Original post by Icecream1
Yeah, I have a lot of family and friends in Coventry.

Good win today but still only a three point gap to the relegation zone.

Good lad. I can see the safety margin being a record this year, we stem' safe yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most of the squad seemed to be on their jollies today. Latest academy graduate to burst onto the scene, Kalvin Phillips, got a goal on his home debut which was nice. Young Charlie Taylor put in a shift, he's really stepped up since Warnock left for Derby. Antenucci & Sharp were anonymous, Morison was playing as a CB for Cardiff today & the rest were bang average.

It was the performance of a team that knows they have nothing left to play for & seem more interested in where they'll go on holiday in 6 weeks. Still, I had a cracking cheeseburger there.
Great result for Cardiff. Nice 2-1 win against dirty Leeds. Get in Gunnarsson.
Huge result for Ipswich. Dropping points today would have been so demoralising.
Really gutted to let Derby score out of nowhere in the last minute today. Still, we've got Sheffield Wednesday, Reading, Bolton and Wigan left, so I feel that getting back into the play offs is all to play for.
Original post by Jangrafess
Really gutted to let Derby score out of nowhere in the last minute today. Still, we've got Sheffield Wednesday, Reading, Bolton and Wigan left, so I feel that getting back into the play offs is all to play for.

Must be disappointed with the late goal, but I'd assume most Brentford fans would take the draw before the game?

Derby on their day are unbeatable. They just haven't had their day for months now
Original post by TornadoGR4
Must be disappointed with the late goal, but I'd assume most Brentford fans would take the draw before the game?

Derby on their day are unbeatable. They just haven't had their day for months now

Pretty much. Just really frustrating to play so well against them and be unable to close it out. I'd be interested to hear from the Derby fan on here - can never remember his username.
Original post by fluttershy
Wow, the Championship battle is keeping up the excitement. Definitly down to the top 4 now for automatic, still seperated by just 2 points. Then you've got Norwich, dropping from 2nd to 4th thanks to Middlesborough and Watford winning, but then getting a stoppage time winner to leap back to 2nd. Shows what a manager Alex Neil is too. He knew that a point was as bad as a loss with how tight it is at the top, so brought on 2 more strikers to get the goal.

Weren't they like 10th when he took over? He's clearly doing something right as they've barely lost a game under his tenure.

I think Bournemouth will do it now. They were in League Two 4 or 5 years ago, which is an absolutely amazing achievement.
Nice gesture by the leeds fans donating for the fire and putting the 'dislike' to one side. Bradford fan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jangrafess
Pretty much. Just really frustrating to play so well against them and be unable to close it out. I'd be interested to hear from the Derby fan on here - can never remember his username.

Hi :smile:

Yeah, ****test performance I've seen us put in on our home turf. Very worrying that it happened to be in one of the biggest games of the season and I genuinely think this McClaren speculation is the cause of it. We've never had an issue with players' effort before and half of them didn't even look bothered yesterday.

It was nice to be on the receiving end of some good fortune for a change though :tongue:
Original post by sr90
Weren't they like 10th when he took over? He's clearly doing something right as they've barely lost a game under his tenure.

I think Bournemouth will do it now. They were in League Two 4 or 5 years ago, which is an absolutely amazing achievement.

Having wealthy benefactors always helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Might be a bit late but that's proper harsh on Yeovil Town, club is really in the pit, relegated twice in two seasons. How the fans must feel.

Quick Reply

Latest