The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Could have done without my relationship ending but oh well. Why did I ever think I deserved some happiness?
Original post by lauraaaaa
Could have done without my relationship ending but oh well. Why did I ever think I deserved some happiness?

:console: sorry to hear that, hope you're gonna be okay! im sure you will find happiness as well!
:cry:
Original post by furryface12

no. just keep having stupid meltdowns. everything is just stupid and i'm pointless and cant be ****ing bothered :cry:
Original post by Pathway
no. just keep having stupid meltdowns. everything is just stupid and i'm pointless and cant be ****ing bothered :cry:

You're not pointless :hugs: Sorry you're feeling so bad though :frown: Can rant at me or whatever if it'd help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
You're not pointless :hugs: Sorry you're feeling so bad though :frown: Can rant at me or whatever if it'd help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's probbly my fault anyway don't know. don't want to burnden you but thank you. i hope youre ok?
Original post by Pathway
it's probbly my fault anyway don't know. don't want to burnden you but thank you. i hope youre ok?

It's not your fault at all, and you wouldn't be burdening me. Will PM you but don't have to reply if you don't want :hugs:
Original post by SenSel
Lol, how are you avhhs? Were you on a night out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there :smile: Yeah I've been good generally, not having the most interesting of days though. I wasn't on a night out, it was a wedding. Had a good time there.

Also realised the other day that it has been a year since some of us from the MHSS group went camping! :eek:

Original post by purple-duck

:lol: oops, and now I've forgotten again :tongue:
Glad things have been good :smile: Yeah same with waking up, crazy how much of the day can just be lost it feels :colondollar:
Hope assignment ended up okay :redface: Sure you're better than you think in other modules, too, though it's difficult when you feel as though you're behind :s-smilie:

You really shouldn't worry about that!

I did that several times this week, and have been doing it regularly for ages :sad:

Thanks :smile: I'm sure I did good in this one, but what I now need to do is revise for the exams next month.
I've hardly ever smiled for so long or so genuinely in my life, let alone in the past few years.

My boyfriend took me out to play tennis since today was so nice and I agreed. Thought id play for a little bit then just sit back as he did whatever (I've always been terrible at tennis). We ended up playing for a couple of hours and I improved cos he was helping me. I even managed a rally of like 11!

Normally id be worn out or fed up within the first half hour. It really helped me see how far I've come. :biggrin:

I hope all of you have a moment like this! Its amazing- I'm still smiling! :smile:
I've realised one of my major problems with making and keeping friendships: I get bored of people quite easily :o:. I realised I'd probably be bored of my boyfriend too if we weren't attracted to each other - and he's the only person I'd consider a close friend :colondollar:. Not quite sure what to make of that :dontknow:
Original post by BubbleMonkey
I've hardly ever smiled for so long or so genuinely in my life, let alone in the past few years.

My boyfriend took me out to play tennis since today was so nice and I agreed. Thought id play for a little bit then just sit back as he did whatever (I've always been terrible at tennis). We ended up playing for a couple of hours and I improved cos he was helping me. I even managed a rally of like 11!

Normally id be worn out or fed up within the first half hour. It really helped me see how far I've come. :biggrin:

I hope all of you have a moment like this! Its amazing- I'm still smiling! :smile:

Faith in humanity is restored for a bit :moon: :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm really happy that happened for you! :h:
Honestly not sure if i can do this anymore...
Original post by BubbleMonkey

I also had a very turbulent day today connected to sports, although in a different manner. Went through a turmoil from complety sad and wanting to give up and then feeling somehow good again.

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I've realised one of my major problems with making and keeping friendships: I get bored of people quite easily :o:. I realised I'd probably be bored of my boyfriend too if we weren't attracted to each other - and he's the only person I'd consider a close friend :colondollar:. Not quite sure what to make of that :dontknow:

Hm, I would be optimistic. You know that you can get bored quite easily, but that gives you also the chance to think about whether this might be triggered by false assumption (e.g. maybe you just expect to much and thinking through it logically, weighing advantages and disadvantages may let's take you some developments in relationships more easily, as you know, what you want and that some boredom is in fact no problem?) or whether you simply search another style of people and may be you just haven't found your circle of friends, yet? Thinking patterns or natural consequence?

And just as a short hint: Just enjoy it and as long as you don't hurt somebody, everything is fine. Especially at a young age relationships in our days can be short without either partner be destructed his whole life. As soon as everything is fine for everyone and it is ended early enough (not lying to the other), than it is fine.

BUT please don't rob you of pleasant experiences, because you think you are anyway not cut-out for it. You can't know, whether you will be bored of him in the future and you also not want to be bored, just because of a self-fulfilling prophecy. (And I think, there are some couples out there, who would never be together as friends, just as a couple. But that is somehow logic, you would not find every friend would be "boyfriend material" either, or? A boyfriend has a slightly different role in comparison to just a friend, so don't worry to much.)
Original post by Midnightmemories
Honestly not sure if i can do this anymore...

You can! Night is rarely the time of the day, we believe that we are capable of something.
Original post by Nathanielle

Hm, I would be optimistic. You know that you can get bored quite easily, but that gives you also the chance to think about whether this might be triggered by false assumption (e.g. maybe you just expect to much and thinking through it logically, weighing advantages and disadvantages may let's take you some developments in relationships more easily, as you know, what you want and that some boredom is in fact no problem?) or whether you simply search another style of people and may be you just haven't found your circle of friends, yet? Thinking patterns or natural consequence?

And just as a short hint: Just enjoy it and as long as you don't hurt somebody, everything is fine. Especially at a young age relationships in our days can be short without either partner be destructed his whole life. As soon as everything is fine for everyone and it is ended early enough (not lying to the other), than it is fine.

BUT please don't rob you of pleasant experiences, because you think you are anyway not cut-out for it. You can't know, whether you will be bored of him in the future and you also not want to be bored, just because of a self-fulfilling prophecy. (And I think, there are some couples out there, who would never be together as friends, just as a couple. But that is somehow logic, you would not find every friend would be "boyfriend material" either, or? A boyfriend has a slightly different role in comparison to just a friend, so don't worry to much.)

I don't have much else to add, plus I'm pretty tired, but great comment! Thanks :top:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:console: sorry to hear that, hope you're gonna be okay! im sure you will find happiness as well!

Thank you! Yes I'm fine :smile:
Experiencing loads of physical and psychological symptoms of PMS today- feel so sad :frown:
Original post by SenSel
Oh I'm so sorry Scary. Wish I could have been helpful last night, I was struggling too. How are you now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's alright. Been feeling a bit weird. Not great now. How are you?
Original post by ScaryScience
That's alright. Been feeling a bit weird. Not great now. How are you?

Oh no, perhaps fb or text someone off of here? :s
I'm struggling. Yay! Pretty much crying nonstop for the past few days.
I just have that empty hollow feeling. Feels like death lol. I did however manage to leave my room for the first time since Thursday an hour ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest