The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
Benteke is the form striker in the league, even more so than Giroud. Our record against lower table and lower league teams has been better than Chelsea though, your point makes no sense? Plus didn't Chelsea lose to the mighty Bradford (we know all about that :biggrin:)

Fair enough, but a semi final at Wembley is a different story, isn't it?

Yes I remembered that game, when Bradford scored the third I went nuts lol :tongue:

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
Great shot Santi
Original post by Dragonborn10
Fair enough, but a semi final at Wembley is a different story, isn't it?

Yes I remembered that game, when Bradford scored the third I went nuts lol :tongue:

I'm not underestimating Reading, they are a good side on their day. Either of us could lose quite easily tbh
Wenger has to be smart against Chelsea, play Debuchy and Bellerin on the right to double up on Hazard
Original post by Dragonborn10
Yeah I know mate, the top4 trophy is always a pleasure for Arsenal fans. :biggrin:

I can't even begin to describe the irony of a Liverpool fan lecturing us on the top 4 trophy.
I'm not underestimating Reading, they are a good side on their day. Either of us could lose quite easily tbh

True and I think a final between Arsenal and Liverpool would be better for football fans. If one of us lose it'll probably be very one-sided. Although I bet we will be make it a derby if we play Reading in the final. :biggrin:

P.S.Welbeck is coming on for Giroud

Why have we only made one sub so far, Cazorla looks dead tbh, bring on Flam and Gabriel and finish it out
Ospina is such a **** keeper ffs
Wenger has to be smart against Chelsea, play Debuchy and Bellerin on the right to double up on Hazard

So the Arsenal right-back must perform really well or Hazard must perform really badly - I find that one always implies the other :rolleyes:
Original post by shawn_o1
So the Arsenal right-back must perform really well or Hazard must perform really badly - I find that one always implies the other :rolleyes:

Nah doubling up and having 2 RB's would help I think, Hazard is very good at take ons so doubling up will make that part of his game much more difficult
Very good win, I never feel nervous when we're ahead anymore, we just look solid. Coq brilliant yet again
Maybe for Liverpool but we certainly aren't hasbeen's, now our stadium is paid for we're only getting better. We'll be in the fight for the pl next year based on our form over the last few months

Bit in bold is just as applicable for Liverpool.
good good...

Tough place to go. but on our form we were always going to have to much quality.

Bring on the next game
Great hard fought victory for us, that's 6/6 from two hard fixtures
Nah doubling up and having 2 RB's would help I think, Hazard is very good at take ons so doubling up will make that part of his game much more difficult

Tbh you're right, you double up on Hazard and foul him it disrupts the main part of our play.

Thankfully Chelsea are good at set pieces and getting the second ball so we score some jammy goals.
Arsenal are the form side in Europe, no doubt a game many Gooners will be glad to see the back of.
Original post by jam277
Bit in bold is just as applicable for Liverpool.

Hardly, when the going got tough they bottled it, we're getting gradually better in the big games which is where you've won the title this year
Original post by jam277
Tbh you're right, you double up on Hazard and foul him it disrupts the main part of our play.

Thankfully Chelsea are good at set pieces and getting the second ball so we score some jammy goals.

It's what you did so well at against us in at the Bridge, play dirty and stopping us get a rhythm.

It's almost the battle of the set plays, there aren't many teams which can rely on their defenders to score 15 goals a season, but the number of times you see Terry or Ivanovic on the scoresheet is scary. Plus we've scored 20 goals from set pieces in the pl this season, which is pretty astounding.

I'm actually really looking forward to the game tbh, I think it'll be a cracker, well, that is unless Mou does what any sensible man would do and hold out for the 0-0 and pretty much secure the title
Lol dirtybit. Thoughts on win?
Hardly, when the going got tough they bottled it, we're getting gradually better in the big games which is where you've won the title this year

Liverpool went on a run winning 10 out of 13.
You're decent in the big games but they also beat City, beat Spurs away. While you lost to Spurs away. It's not that much difference and they're just paying for a shocking first half to the season. One that was even worse than your first half.

Latest