The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cutebat
ooo wedding people! :-) I'm getting married in August this year!! It has been mad doing a PGCE and planning a wedding but I cannot wait. Congratulations to you both!

This is why i got married last July just before i started my pgce! Seemed to be the best solution!
Original post by cutebat
ooo wedding people! :-) I'm getting married in August this year!! It has been mad doing a PGCE and planning a wedding but I cannot wait. Congratulations to you both!

Thanks, congratulations to you too! I'm lucky that we're not getting married until December 2016 but it still feels very close now we have a date. :smile: Meeting the wedding co-ordinator on Monday hopefully to get the ball rolling! Exciting times isn't it :smile:

--

Up to my eyes in a masters assignment right now though :frown: and have barely any responses to my survey so far so starting to get worried!
Ugh I feel sick about starting the new term on Monday :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airfairy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm changing year groups so I feel a little nervous but I feel like we're on the home straight now and I can see the finish line. I start counting down the weeks until half term...and then counting down the weeks until the summer holiday. I hope I'm not like this next year, essentially wishing my life away!
Wondering whether to drop my final research project to just focus on teaching. I already have 60 masters credits so the last 30 credits don't really matter much to me. I'd be dropping from a PGDE to a PGCE so it's not like I'd be disadvantaged compared to others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Join the club...
Ugh I feel sick about starting the new term on Monday :frown:Posted from TSR Mobile

me too, I haven't done any thing over the holidays so I'm spending the last three days of holiday marking about a hundred assessment papers. I just have to close my eyes and plunge into the cold waters of next term and eventually I'll be out the other side. I just can't picture completing the course somehow as there still seems like so much to do.
Hugs to all those that like me are just counting the days to the end. Just remember this is the last stretch and we all just need to complete this and walk away. Just think towards our freedom at the end. Only thing keeping me going is my honeymoon to canada in July, just need to make it through the last 4.5 weeks of placement and then its just uni stuff from then on!!
Nice to know I'm not alone guys! I know the finish line is in sight but at the same time it feels way off.
Original post by bonniex123
I just can't picture completing the course somehow as there still seems like so much to do.

This is how I'm feeling. I don't feel like I can count down the days uet because there's nine weeks of placement yet and I think that's a long time! Over two months :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I've got ten weeks left of placement - feels like ages. I don't like wishing my life away but June will be the best month ever. I just want to read and watch telly without a lingering sense of guilt.
I just want to read and watch telly without a lingering sense of guilt.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, that would be amazing. Almost there guys, just hold your heads high and just think of the well deserved break at the end of it!
Yeah I've got ten weeks left of placement - feels like ages. I don't like wishing my life away but June will be the best month ever. I just want to read and watch telly without a lingering sense of guilt.

That lingering sense of guilt is the worst! I've had a few days off this half term but feel awful taking them because the amount of work to do is always in the back of my mind!
Yep, the guilt. I'm absolutely sick of it to be honest. I'll be lucky to finish the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, the guilt. I'm absolutely sick of it to be honest. I'll be lucky to finish the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: do you still want to teach?
Original post by alabelle
:frown: do you still want to teach?

Not really. I am looking at part time posts at the moment, but I can't imagine teaching full time for the rest of my life. I don't even want to teach part time for long. But I don't have many alternatives right now, I'm just riding the wave!
Not really. I am looking at part time posts at the moment, but I can't imagine teaching full time for the rest of my life. I don't even want to teach part time for long. But I don't have many alternatives right now, I'm just riding the wave!

Is it just teaching you don't want to do or wouldn't you want to do other education related jobs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
Is it just teaching you don't want to do or wouldn't you want to do other education related jobs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is just teaching. I do ideally want to stay in education, I just don't know as what exactly yet :rolleyes: . I'm not really driven by money but it is a concern when some of the other education jobs are term time only so pro rata pay.
It is just teaching. I do ideally want to stay in education, I just don't know as what exactly yet :rolleyes: . I'm not really driven by money but it is a concern when some of the other education jobs are term time only so pro rata pay.

Have you looked at teaching in charity based colleges? I almost applied for one recently that was fewer teaching hours with small groups of 14 to 19 year olds and a lot of the work was based around the more social side of integrating disadvantaged youth back into society.

I really want to just be an NCS team leader forever but it's the same issue as the non-teaching education jobs in that they only pay when you're working.

I'm going to stick it out for my nqt year I think unless something brilliant comes out. There aren't many jobs that give me a long summer break to potter around on my boat and I kinda like being around young people. No day is boring when in a school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your input on it.. I am going with the self assessment at the moment.. I manage to get some good review on it.... There is good amount of literature saying it helps with the engagement and motivation.. I am bit worried how it will go with my little lower set year 7s and middle set year 8... Well that's for me to find out :smile:

Thanks once again!
What is the dress code for an inset day? I've heard that you can wear your own clothes. I emailed my mentor to see if its true and I haven't heard back from him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending