The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Is Sutton a really posh area in London?
I'm just wondering about it since I have never been around there before.
Original post by ewin30
Is Sutton a really posh area in London?
I'm just wondering about it since I have never been around there before.

Well, I have barely ever been out of Sutton. Its full of a diversity, ranging from well bred idiots to high thinking intellectuals. Buildings wise, some places are very nice, some places, not so much. I wont really call it "posh" but I won't call it a very bad place either, its somewhere in the middle of posh and average.
Reply 722
I am wondering if I should change Geography to Further Maths for A Levels. I like Geography a lot but I feel that Further Maths will be more useful to me. I think that Further Maths will be too hard for me at A Level but I don't know if I should take the risk to study it.
Any advice?
Original post by ewin30
I am wondering if I should change Geography to Further Maths for A Levels. I like Geography a lot but I feel that Further Maths will be more useful to me. I think that Further Maths will be too hard for me at A Level but I don't know if I should take the risk to study it.
Any advice?

What are you currently getting in maths and geography? If you don't mind me asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 724
Original post by samispector
What are you currently getting in maths and geography? If you don't mind me asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My current grades are:
Maths A*
Geography A/A*
Original post by ewin30
My current grades are:
Maths A*
Geography A/A*

It seems like you'll succeed in both, it's all down to what you prefer, what interests you more is usually the best choice for A-level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 726
Hm I have got another interview for riddlesdown on the 13th April and if I get accepted not sure if I should go to harris westminister or there
Reply 727
It seems like you'll succeed in both, it's all down to what you prefer, what interests you more is usually the best choice for A-level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice
Reply 728
Original post by Xctv
Hm I have got another interview for riddlesdown on the 13th April and if I get accepted not sure if I should go to harris westminister or there

Where is Riddlesdown? Do they achieve good A Level results every year?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 729
Original post by ewin30
Riddlesdown?
That's a pretty interesting name. Where is it? Do they achieve good A Level results every year?

Here is their website http://www.riddlesdown.org

Well unlike harris westminister they do actually have a level results and a history which is the only reason why I would chose riddledown over Harris westminister but in the end I will probably go with Harris westminister unless their results turn out horribly
Reply 730
Original post by Xctv
Here is their website http://www.riddlesdown.org

Well unlike harris westminister they do actually have a level results and a history which is the only reason why I would chose riddledown over Harris westminister but in the end I will probably go with Harris westminister unless their results turn out horribly

Riddlesdown seems like it is a really good school but sadly it will probably take me 2 hours to get there :frown: . I checked their admission policy for their sixth form and noticed that they only take 40 external candidates which seems that competition for these places are pretty competitive. For you to get an interview is a well done :smile:
Original post by Xctv
I'm doing politics, philosophy, economics, and maths

My non compulsary gcse subjects are
Geography computing and law

(Never ever picking computing again the tediousity of coursework is unbearable)

I hope to get an economics degree and go into finance.

Politics seems like one of those obscure choices not many people choose, so I'm glad someone else is doing it. Were any of you interviewed for politics?
Reply 732
Original post by acuriousmind
Politics seems like one of those obscure choices not many people choose, so I'm glad someone else is doing it. Were any of you interviewed for politics?

Yes I was actually, we talked mainly about electoral systems and the advantages and disadvantages of FPTP And proportional representation and speculated on labour and conservatives manifesto
Does anyone know whether there is any A*/A grade required in a particular GCSE subject to take politics at HWSF?
Reply 734
Does anyone know whether there is any A*/A grade required in a particular GCSE subject to take politics at HWSF?

Doesnt seem like it, but the closest would be law or citizenship if you take those, I do both and predicted a* for both but other than that I do not think so as law is a chosen subject.
english Might also have some influence
Original post by Xctv
Doesnt seem like it, but the closest would be law or citizenship if you take those, I do both and predicted a* for both but other than that I do not think so as law is a chosen subject.
english Might also have some influence

They don't seem to specify anywhere, my guess would be an A/A* in English if anything because I'm expecting a lot of writing for the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 736
They don't seem to specify anywhere, my guess would be an A/A* in English if anything because I'm expecting a lot of writing for the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably, but for me I'm only sure about having to get an A for maths
(edited 9 years ago)
Isn't the minimum grade requirement a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danielnoruwa
Isn't the minimum grade requirement a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the subject you want to study in A-level, its an A or above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending