The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinkteddyx64
-11493. :smile:

Apologies, my PM box is full at the moment. I'll try and sort it out, though at the moment your best bet is to E-mail me (you should know my address by now) or send it via TBAAJ.
Original post by spotify95
Apologies, my PM box is full at the moment. I'll try and sort it out, though at the moment your best bet is to E-mail me (you should know my address by now) or send it via TBAAJ.

Ok. :yep:

-11502. :frown: :smile:
Ok. :yep:

-11502. :frown: :smile:

I'm currently trying to fix a WMP issue on my Packard Bell laptop. Uninstalling and reinstalling windows media player 11 hasn't helped.
Tried VLC Media player. Result: worse than WMP11, CD playback very poor. Will have to reinstall the DVD drivers
Reinstalled DVD drivers. Still poor playback on CDs (WMP11) and DVD's (both PowerDVD6 and WMP11). Is there any way to fix this?

Btw, the problem is that playing any DVD using any player results in stuttery playback; likewise for CDs using Windows Media Player (though PowerDVD 6 is fine with CDs). Files stored on the computer (e.g. MP3 files) and streaming media (via Youtube) work fine so it is only a DVD drive issue? Either that, or the laptop hasn't got the guts to play DVDs?

(edited 9 years ago)

I'm currently trying to fix a WMP issue on my Packard Bell laptop. Uninstalling and reinstalling windows media player 11 hasn't helped.
Tried VLC Media player. Result: worse than WMP11, CD playback very poor. Will have to reinstall the DVD drivers
Reinstalled DVD drivers. Still poor playback on CDs (WMP11) and DVD's (both PowerDVD6 and WMP11). Is there any way to fix this?

Btw, the problem is that playing any DVD using any player results in stuttery playback; likewise for CDs using Windows Media Player (though PowerDVD 6 is fine with CDs). Files stored on the computer (e.g. MP3 files) and streaming media (via Youtube) work fine so it is only a DVD drive issue? Either that, or the laptop hasn't got the guts to play DVDs?

I'm not sure, sorry. :frown:

-11504. :frown: :smile:
I'm not sure, sorry. :frown:

-11504. :frown: :smile:

That's alright... Perhaps asking people you know might help?

Alternatively, I am definitely going to ask a thread about it in the tech section of TSR in the hope I can resolve it... though if not it's not the end of the world as I mainly use my W7 laptop :smile:

Reply 1465

Can I throw bricks at Scunthorpe's Currys PC World store because I got a reply back from DS Forum Support about my chocolatecheese account but the reply was about a rogue advertisement complaint that has been forwarded to the advertising team?

-11518. :tongue:
Can I throw bricks at Scunthorpe's Currys PC World store because I got a reply back from DS Forum Support about my chocolatecheese account but the reply was about a rogue advertisement complaint that has been forwarded to the advertising team?

-11518. :tongue:

Yep :smile:

Btw, your quote that you done in the DS thread on here and the thread been locked, so I didn't see what you wrote... so long as it's not against the rules PM me it to my alt please :smile: (main still has storage issues)

Yep :smile:

Btw, your quote that you done in the DS thread on here and the thread been locked, so I didn't see what you wrote... so long as it's not against the rules PM me it to my alt please :smile: (main still has storage issues)

Yeah, the reply is in the recycle bin but I didn't receive a warning overlay. :confused:

Plus I'm back with a new account on DS, check the CTAM thread to see! :biggrin:

-11520. :cool:

Latest