The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Are there are Warwick offer holders groups on FB?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Firmed for International Management woo :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed for Medicine :smile: Holy ****ttt.
Just firmed for Maths and Physics (4 years)! :smile:
Reply 824
Got an unconditional offer for studying at Warwick Business School as visiting student! :smile:
Reply 825
Original post by n30K
Got an unconditional offer for studying at Warwick Business School as visiting student! :smile:

Congrats! How long did they take to reply?
Reply 826
Original post by omar4
Congrats! How long did they take to reply?

They were really fast actually! Give or take two days.
Reply 827
Original post by n30K
They were really fast actually! Give or take two days.

Whoa thats quick.
Just firmed Warwick :smile:
Reply 829
Original post by honeywell17
Providing I meet my grades (increasingly unlikely due to levels of revision currently) I would quite like to go to freshers, but… #plottwist I want to be doing something else on the 27th till the 30th of September. So my question for you is, if term starts on Monday the 5th, does freshers start on Saturday the 3rd or the week before?

Cheers

Apparently Warwick doesn't have a freshers week as such. Arrivals weekend will be the 3rd/4th and then there will freshers events for two weeks alongside introductory lectures. So yeah unless you're an international and would have to attend orientation the week before you wouldn't have to come to warwick till the 3rd/4th depending on your surname :smile:
Original post by Age
Apparently Warwick doesn't have a freshers week as such. Arrivals weekend will be the 3rd/4th and then there will freshers events for two weeks alongside introductory lectures. So yeah unless you're an international and would have to attend orientation the week before you wouldn't have to come to warwick till the 3rd/4th depending on your surname :smile:

Wait Warwick doesn't have freshers week?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 831
i think i saw offer holders day which came in the post today. It's on 22nd
Same day as LSE
Reply 832
Original post by milkberries
Wait Warwick doesn't have freshers week?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently not in the sense of other unis :frown:
It's two weeks long though and is centred around buying tickets for events, fairs and introductory lectures to your course. I really hope this isn't true or they change it to a proper freshers week with no lectures
Original post by Age
Apparently not in the sense of other unis :frown:
It's two weeks long though and is centred around buying tickets for events, fairs and introductory lectures to your course. I really hope this isn't true or they change it to a proper freshers week with no lectures

I didn't think they'd ever had a "proper freshers week" - I thought it had always been two weeks mixed in with lectures and seminars etc. Keep in mind that, from what others have said, not all lectures or seminars will be running in the first two weeks so you'll still have time to have fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 834
Original post by LumosNox
I didn't think they'd ever had a "proper freshers week" - I thought it had always been two weeks mixed in with lectures and seminars etc. Keep in mind that, from what others have said, not all lectures or seminars will be running in the first two weeks so you'll still have time to have fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Coming to think about it I think the fact it's two weeks long is probably even better because there's longer to meet new people. Just hope I'll be able to stay awake during the day haha
Original post by KimonoMyHouse
Are there are Warwick offer holders groups on FB?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/802325856492377?notif_t=group_activity&ref=m_notif this is the one that everyone seems to be on(:
Reply 836
Original post by honeywell17
Given that we pay £300 a week in tuition fees alone I bloody well expect lectures and teaching....

Yeah but not during freshers week! Like this is meant to be a time to met everyone and just have fun. Also most unis freshers week would be week 0 so we wouldn't be paying tuition fees anyways.
I dunno, maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Original post by Age
Yeah but not during freshers week! Like this is meant to be a time to met everyone and just have fun. Also most unis freshers week would be week 0 so we wouldn't be paying tuition fees anyways.
I dunno, maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Technically, as long as we're there, we're paying - so you might as well get your money's worth. Besides, as you mentioned, not everyone enjoys fresher's in the "going-out-all-night-and-getting-drunk" sense. You don't think you're going to still be able to meet people and have fun even if you're meant to be attending lectures/seminars/whatevers whilst partying and meeting people?

I think it'll also help with homesickness in the first couple of weeks, it's going to be busy so you'd have less time to mope around. I might just be a bit unique in my opinion though so... :curious:
Reply 838
Original post by LumosNox
Technically, as long as we're there, we're paying - so you might as well get your money's worth. Besides, as you mentioned, not everyone enjoys fresher's in the "going-out-all-night-and-getting-drunk" sense. You don't think you're going to still be able to meet people and have fun even if you're meant to be attending lectures/seminars/whatevers whilst partying and meeting people?

I think it'll also help with homesickness in the first couple of weeks, it's going to be busy so you'd have less time to mope around. I might just be a bit unique in my opinion though so... :curious:

I didn't look at in the sense of homesickness though that is very true! I'm sure it'll be a laugh regardless. Just can't wait to start now 😁
Original post by Age
I didn't look at in the sense of homesickness though that is very true! I'm sure it'll be a laugh regardless. Just can't wait to start now ������

Agreed! I'm so excited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending