The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
heres a question for you guys..

At the start of the season, when we signed welbeck - wenger got a huge amount of hate, because it was rumoured that he only wanted a year loan, but the board went over his head, and signed him properly..

Myself included were glad of this - and berrated wenger for not wanting to spend money/sign a forward etc.

--

But as the season draws to an end? lets be honest.. wenger was right... a loan probably would have been best - as well, welbeck has really fell off from anything resembling form

I like Welbeck, he's a really likeable guy. A very honest player to, which is rare these days. But he's probably not Arsenal quality in all honesty.

I disagree with people that said he's Sunderland/Hull quality, he's better than that, I think he'd do well in a top half team that hovers around the Europa places. Somewhere like West Ham
Fck Rob Green
Original post by sr90
Top four is done and dusted for United & Arsenal. Look up, not down. I think our game will decide second place.

Incidentally, after today Chris Smalling has the same number of league goals as Danny Welbeck. From less appearances as well :biggrin:

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Incidentally, Dat Guy put one past you in the FA Cup to send us through :wink: BTW, how are Falcao and Di Maria doing on the scoring charts? (Having said that, I bet they both score against us when we play you)
ffs cesc. :mad:
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Pretty sure man utd only wanted to sell not loan out welbeck

Tbh the 16 million was worth it when this happened

1428862522624.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah it was the other way round. We wanted a loan (which Spurs were offering) but Danny wanted a permanent move (which Arsenal were offering). Imagine what would have happened to Harry Kane if that happened!

I like Welbeck and he's a decent enough player, but he's not good enough to be a regular starter for a side like Arsenal or Manchester United. Especially as a forward. I don't think £16m was an excessive fee though, especially when you consider Balotelli and Falcrap cost a similar amount. You'll be able to sell him to someone like Everton or West Ham in a couple of years for that same amount.

Original post by Arkasia
Exactly my thoughts as well.

Incidentally, Dat Guy put one past you in the FA Cup to send us through :wink: BTW, how are Falcao and Di Maria doing on the scoring charts? (Having said that, I bet they both score against us when we play you)

They both have 4. Di Maria also has 12 assists.
Original post by sr90

They both have 4. Di Maria also has 12 assists.

Worthwhile investments then :wink:
Welbeck isn't an improvement at all if we're honest, would almost rather have fraudolski than him tbh because at least hell score some guys against bottom half fodder.

Sure he's a nice guy but he's no top class striker right now.
Thumbs up if you think Arsenal will get second
lol Welbeck's been playing on the LW second half of the season ffs
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Thumbs up if you think Arsenal will get second

We will get second but I ain't going to rep you
:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
We will get second but I ain't going to rep you
:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:wink: :wink:
Arsenal are the best team in the world!!!!!

Like, subscribble, retweet, favourite, follow4follow, double tap, pin it, and swipe right if you agree :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by leinad2012
Arsenal are the best team in the world!!!!!

Like, subscribble, retweet, favourite, follow4follow, double tap, pin it, and swipe right if you agree :biggrin::biggrin:

You forgot the #GoonerFamily
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
You forgot the #GoonerFamily

Honestly the top comments on all the photos on Arsenal's facebook page is gag worthy; "Alexis is da best, like if you agree!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:", "Boscienely best defender in BPL, like if you agree!!:P:P:P", "I swear on me mum I'd like this comment, I swore on it so now you have to like", "Sanchez>Hazard like if your agree!!!!!!!!!!"

Like, ****ing seriously, in what way will 100 likes from ****ing 12 year old strangers change your life in any way? :rolleyes:

Anyways, rant over, does anyone actually like Ramsey on RW? Against Liverpool it didn't really work but he was constantly cutting in and making space for Bellerin against Burnley it worked pretty well tbh, at least better than I thought it would. Although I'd still rather Walcott started on RW tbh.

Oh and any news on Ox, I heard he had a setback and is now our only injured player, although we still have 4 or 5 playing still getting back to full fitness
Original post by leinad2012

Anyways, rant over, does anyone actually like Ramsey on RW? Against Liverpool it didn't really work but he was constantly cutting in and making space for Bellerin against Burnley it worked pretty well tbh, at least better than I thought it would. Although I'd still rather Walcott started on RW tbh.

He got 2 assists vs liverpool:rolleyes:

1 goal and 2 assists in 2 games on RW, dont look too bad.

It's all about getting the magic triangle of Ozil, Giroud, Ramsey clicking together imo
ffs Rentboys won today, was banking on at least point from those useless striped *****. Need Utd to beat them next week.
Our twitter followers are so much worse, AFCHorse being a little bitchboy on my timeline all night. Dont even remember following the fruit loop.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Our twitter followers are so much worse, AFCHorse being a little bitchboy on my timeline all night. Dont even remember following the fruit loop.

lmfao, I'm in tears, racism over saying Cyprus will have a team in the Europa League

you could just unfollow?
Reply 6999

I'm not on twitter but I've heard such horrid things about the Arsenal fans on their that I'm glad I'm not on it

Latest