The Student Room Group

Im a 24 year old girl and my dad hit me

Hi, well it might be very long but i would really appreciate if you could be honest with me on the subject..

well i grew up with my mum , dad & sis.. Since very young my dad used to hit me but i guess that was ok because i was a kid but then when he came to hit me the point that my lips started bleeding i was shocked yet i didn't said anything.

When i grew up one day i showed my sis the phone i wanted to ask my mum as birthday gift. My sister was already working and i was around 17 years old.. She went out & bought the phone then came home showing this to me and said that i dont have the riggt to copy her & buy the same. Iwas kind of pissed off and started crying and telling my sister that it wasnt fair(the reaction of an ado) then my dad came without even knowing what was going on he started beating me up.. I was seated on a chair near my pc he kept on hitting me until i fell down then throw the chair on me. I tried to relate him what happened he refused to listen and kept kicking me while i was still down.He took the pc screen & was aboutto throw it on me, luckily my sister stopped him. I was so scared that i didnt utter a word & inthought that maybe he's stressed out with work and it got him on his nerv.. (I found some blood in my urine that night dunno if it was due to the kick on my hips or something else)

there was many incidents when he slapped me or pushed me ect.. But i always find something to explain his behaviour and forgive him.. However sometime i prefer not talking to him to avoid such problems.

today at around 15:00 i was having a severe head ache.. Mum dad & sis came back from visting a relative. My dad started cleaning the saloon(something unusual)!! I had some of my stuff (hair pins, comb and some reading materials on the couch!) he asked me to pick them up.. I said ok i'll do it in a moment. Then he started picking them up i asked him not to throw them i'll pick them up.. He started yelling.. I picked some of them i went in my room.. I didnt wanted to argue.. Then he started yelling at my mum. I went back to pick all my stuff to avoid any drama.. Then i told him that i wasnt feeling well thats why i asked for some time. He started yelling and telling me that when i go out with friends im not tired(i go out on very rare occassion as im seeking for a job & depending on my savings to live). I started asking why he's making a fuss out of it and that he should understand that he took the plastic mix with metal stick of the broom and started hitting me until it broke. I pushed him away snd asked hom to stop & why he always hit me he say because i live in this house & im supposed to be disciplined. I told him that there are other ways to implement discipline he started hitting me again . I threathen him to go to the police byt he said that leave his house if i cant live the way he want to.

I just wanted to know of tge problem is with me or him? He's my family i dont want to hurt him and report him to the police but i had enough of all these. Im covered with blues and scars on my body and a broken nail too. It hurts!! & imfed up! How can someone hit his own child ?!!

What should i do??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Report that piece of **** to the police.
If you're not trolling you should tell the police. Thats quite severe assault. Make sure you take photos of all of the bruises as well. Or go to the police station now and they can take photos of them.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, well it might be very long but i would really appreciate if you could be honest with me on the subject..

well i grew up with my mum , dad & sis.. Since very young my dad used to hit me but i guess that was ok because i was a kid but then when he came to hit me the point that my lips started bleeding i was shocked yet i didn't said anything.

When i grew up one day i showed my sis the phone i wanted to ask my mum as birthday gift. My sister was already working and i was around 17 years old.. She went out & bought the phone then came home showing this to me and said that i dont have the riggt to copy her & buy the same. Iwas kind of pissed off and started crying and telling my sister that it wasnt fair(the reaction of an ado) then my dad came without even knowing what was going on he started beating me up.. I was seated on a chair near my pc he kept on hitting me until i fell down then throw the chair on me. I tried to relate him what happened he refused to listen and kept kicking me while i was still down.He took the pc screen & was aboutto throw it on me, luckily my sister stopped him. I was so scared that i didnt utter a word & inthought that maybe he's stressed out with work and it got him on his nerv.. (I found some blood in my urine that night dunno if it was due to the kick on my hips or something else)

there was many incidents when he slapped me or pushed me ect.. But i always find something to explain his behaviour and forgive him.. However sometime i prefer not talking to him to avoid such problems.

today at around 15:00 i was having a severe head ache.. Mum dad & sis came back from visting a relative. My dad started cleaning the saloon(something unusual)!! I had some of my stuff (hair pins, comb and some reading materials on the couch!) he asked me to pick them up.. I said ok i'll do it in a moment. Then he started picking them up i asked him not to throw them i'll pick them up.. He started yelling.. I picked some of them i went in my room.. I didnt wanted to argue.. Then he started yelling at my mum. I went back to pick all my stuff to avoid any drama.. Then i told him that i wasnt feeling well thats why i asked for some time. He started yelling and telling me that when i go out with friends im not tired(i go out on very rare occassion as im seeking for a job & depending on my savings to live). I started asking why he's making a fuss out of it and that he should understand that he took the plastic mix with metal stick of the broom and started hitting me until it broke. I pushed him away snd asked hom to stop & why he always hit me he say because i live in this house & im supposed to be disciplined. I told him that there are other ways to implement discipline he started hitting me again . I threathen him to go to the police byt he said that leave his house if i cant live the way he want to.

I just wanted to know of tge problem is with me or him? He's my family i dont want to hurt him and report him to the police but i had enough of all these. Im covered with blues and scars on my body and a broken nail too. It hurts!! & imfed up! How can someone hit his own child ?!!

What should i do??

Holy ****! D: That's awful :frown:

This is in no way your fault, he's to blame! You know this is like extreme physical abuse right? He's been abusing you for years, you should definitely report him to the police!

Take photos of your bruises, scars, ANYTHING and everything he's done and try get your sister to speak up as a witness. If not, your mum. But the photos should suffice.

That bastard needs years in jail! Sorry I mean I know he's your dad and all but a real dad isn't a child abuser, (I know you're 24 but you're his child and it's gone on for way too long now!), and no one deserves that! It's not discipline, it's control, intimidation and destruction. Don't listen to him or justify him anymore. Please for goodness sake report him (presumably you would if it were your mum or sister so why not you?).

Remember: you are not wrong, you are the victim, you are brave, you are a survivor, you are valid, you are important, you are significant, you are valuable, you are strong and you are beautiful :hugs:

Now get the **** out of there and take the leap of faith to living your life! <3
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
If you're not trolling you should tell the police. Thats quite severe assault. Make sure you take photos of all of the bruises as well. Or go to the police station now and they can take photos of them.

^ This exactly though 👍
No wants to face the possibility of reporting their parent to the police but what he's done counts as serious physical abuse and he cannot be allowed to get away with it.
That is the most saddest,horrific thing I have ever heard. How could your own dad do that to you? fair enough, if you were a small kid, you wouldn't know any better, but hitting you at 24? your an adult, your fully capable of knowing whats right and wrong and you definitely do not need your dad showing you any discipline. I think you should definitely report him or take some action now. Its important that he never hurts you like this again, I know he is your dad at the end of the day but what he is doing right now is not right at all, its wrong on so many levels, its going to affect you even more if it carries on. You'd rather get it sorted now so that you won't be sorry later. Its best to talk to your mum, sister or any other relative and see what they think and how they can help. Stay strong, I'm sorry this had to happen to you, its not your fault at all, you don't deserve it, stay strong girl xx :smile:
Original post by Khadijah489
That is the most saddest,horrific thing I have ever heard. How could your own dad do that to you? fair enough, if you were a small kid, you wouldn't know any better, but hitting you at 24? your an adult, your fully capable of knowing whats right and wrong and you definitely do not need your dad showing you any discipline. I think you should definitely report him or take some action now. Its important that he never hurts you like this again, I know he is your dad at the end of the day but what he is doing right now is not right at all, its wrong on so many levels, its going to affect you even more if it carries on. You'd rather get it sorted now so that you won't be sorry later. Its best to talk to your mum, sister or any other relative and see what they think and how they can help. Stay strong, I'm sorry this had to happen to you, its not your fault at all, you don't deserve it, stay strong girl xx :smile:

I don't think hitting anyone at any age is appropriate. If you're a good parent you can enforce the rules in the house without the use of violence, but agree with most of the stuff you've said. Hitting as a parent can only lower the respect you've gained from people because you were not capable enough to enforce the the rules otherwise.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah I get what you mean, physical punishment isn't the bestest option, there are other ways of discipline.
Hey,
My dad got a temper too but not as much as yours, when I was younger I would get slapped for making mistakes but there was a limit because my dad loves me and wouldn't go to the extremes that he did to you.
Your Dad seems to have no control at all and is looking for any excuse to beat and the fact your 24 this is shocking, i'm 19 and my dad will shout and get angry but not abuse me.

If what you have said is true, go to the Police because it has got out of hand, I know it feels like your betraying your family but it is not humane the way he treats you, its like he doesn't love you at all.
Reply 11
You need to cut him out of your life. He isn't worth it.
Original post by Art_Sloan
This is a very effective parenting style, and one that's blessed by the lord. You should be grateful to your dad as you're a sinner, your dad will continue to punish you, until you have repented to the lord.

Although, you're a sinner, it's possible that your did maybe cursed. And if you love your father, then to break the curse, you can either relinquish your virginity too him, in an open field on a moonlit night.

Either way, if you don't repent you will go to hell.

Piss off mate
OP:
Are you muslim by any chance?
I know how Asian parents can be
You should definitely report that piece of ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saleem Aslam
Piss off mate
OP:
Are you muslim by any chance?
I know how Asian parents can be
You should definitely report that piece of ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't swear at me you demon. No matter how much you repent, you will still go to hell. The lord won't take your kind and he'll burn your entire flock.

Soon they will cut your head off like the snake you are.
Reply 14
Believe it or not it happens to me too, even after being a good girl, even after being the only one to wake up for him to prepare him for work, even after being submissive and obedient, even when I voice out my disappointments. Nothing works. Fathers like these would never change, and it sucks when you are still depending on them. I would report him, but I'd hate to bring the rest of my family such drama and embarrassment. They all tolerate him too. Most of them avoid him entirely and are cold to him. I think I'd start to do same and just keep enduring till I am financially stable and liberated from him. It's not like if I get to report in West Africa, I'd get some good help anyways. Cheer up, good times are ahead.
Original post by Art_Sloan
This is a very effective parenting style, and one that's blessed by the lord. You should be grateful to your dad as you're a sinner, your dad will continue to punish you, until you have repented to the lord.

Although, you're a sinner, it's possible that your did maybe cursed. And if you love your father, then to break the curse, you can either relinquish your virginity too him, in an open field on a moonlit night.

Either way, if you don't repent you will go to hell.

That's some high quality **** right there!
Did it feel like a kiss?
Original post by fxscchi
Believe it or not it happens to me too, even after being a good girl, even after being the only one to wake up for him to prepare him for work, even after being submissive and obedient, even when I voice out my disappointments. Nothing works. Fathers like these would never change, and it sucks when you are still depending on them. I would report him, but I'd hate to bring the rest of my family such drama and embarrassment. They all tolerate him too. Most of them avoid him entirely and are cold to him. I think I'd start to do same and just keep enduring till I am financially stable and liberated from him. It's not like if I get to report in West Africa, I'd get some good help anyways. Cheer up, good times are ahead.

this happened almost 3 years ago lol.
Dear you’re not the only one here !!I am 16 and I am still being beaten up by mom...!I seriously don’t know what to do , she beats me , throws things on me , and today exactly an hour ago my dad slapped me so much hard that I was about to pee in my pants but I controlled !Only you’re not the one , there’s someone here too !Actually I also don’t know what to do !And another things that I hate myself just because of my mom and dad !I hate everyone because of them ! I just wanna die ..!Even I’ve tried to suicide but unfortunately here is me who is still living ...So whoever you are best of luck and definitely tell to police !
Original post by Anamta Fatima
Dear you’re not the only one here !!I am 16 and I am still being beaten up by mom...!I seriously don’t know what to do , she beats me , throws things on me , and today exactly an hour ago my dad slapped me so much hard that I was about to pee in my pants but I controlled !Only you’re not the one , there’s someone here too !Actually I also don’t know what to do !And another things that I hate myself just because of my mom and dad !I hate everyone because of them ! I just wanna die ..!Even I’ve tried to suicide but unfortunately here is me who is still living ...So whoever you are best of luck and definitely tell to police !

That sounds really terrible. You should call childline or another service like that and ask them for advice. I think they'll have a lot of experience with this kind of abuse. It's really unacceptable for someone to take their stress out on you, abuse isn't cool at all but its so difficult to do something about it.

I can suggest 100 things for you to do but I have no experience with this and it'd be better for you to contact a professional helpline for this, you could even call and stay anonymous and ask what all your options are. It'll be much better than trying to hurt yourself, don't let someone else affect your willingness to live.

Hope everything goes okay kiddo

Latest

Trending

Trending