The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ki Yung Na
Is detective conan's manga still going on, if so will they ever be able to finish it?

I've been considering watching it for awhile now ever since I first got into anime properly but the sheer number of episodes just freaked me out - the idea that I wouldn't ever finish it didn't appeal to me.

The manga's been going since 1994, so I don't see it ending anytime soon. I was interested in seeing the anime, since I saw some episodes on TV as a kid, but I said 'no way' when I saw it had over 700 episodes. Although I did start One Piece recently which has a similar amount of episodes.
Reply 8781
Original post by Red Fox
Waaaaaayyy too long:tongue:

Zankyou no terror!
Original post by EdwardElric
The manga's been going since 1994, so I don't see it ending anytime soon. I was interested in seeing the anime, since I saw some episodes on TV as a kid, but I said 'no way' when I saw it had over 700 episodes. Although I did start One Piece recently which has a similar amount of episodes.

Ah I actually think I may end up watching it. :smile: After thinking about it I'm not too fussed about not finishing it like I was when younger and the fact that it's survived so long without being the typical long lasting anime type only strengthens it's appeal to me.
Ah I actually think I may end up watching it. :smile: After thinking about it I'm not too fussed about not finishing it like I was when younger and the fact that it's survived so long without being the typical long lasting anime type only strengthens it's appeal to me.

Cool! It looks like a good anime, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Please recommend me an anime
I like animes like fairy tail, attack on titan, parasyte the maxim, black bullet and Akame game kill
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
I like animes like fairy tail, attack on titan, parasyte the maxim, black bullet and Akame game kill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo and Death Note are good. Arguably there's also Sword Art Online as well. (I haven't seen most of the anime you mentioned, that said, absolutely love AOT, so just some possible recommendations)
Original post by NekoJyo
Shinrei Tantei Yakumo and Death Note are good. Arguably there's also Sword Art Online as well. (I haven't seen most of the anime you mentioned, that said, absolutely love AOT, so just some possible recommendations)

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo is very good indeed.
Shinrei Tantei Yakumo is very good indeed.

It's one of my favourites.
Original post by ProNoob

Here's my best attempts:

Claymore

Fate/Zero

Black Lagoon

Shiki

Knights of Sidonia

Plenty of high-quality action there. :yes:
Original post by NekoJyo
It's one of my favourites.

It was one of mine back then too but now that I've watched so much it sort of gets forgotten till moments like this. :tongue: Have you watched ghost hunt? That was also about ESP stuff and was quite similar; I think Shinrei had quite a strong emotive effect whereas ghost hunt was a little bit more composed - I'd definitely recommend it though.
can anyone recommend me some dystopian themed anime?
Original post by Tai Ga

Shinsekai Yori
Original post by Tai Ga

I can think of:

Ergo Proxy
Ima soko ni iru boku (I haven't watched this yet but apparently it's hard watch)
Gilgamesh seemed pretty dystopian from what I remember
Shinsekai Yori
Original post by Tai Ga

Strongly thirding Shin Sekai Yori, and seconding Now and Then, Here and There, but here are a few more:

DT Eightron

Psycho-Pass

Texhnolyze

That was harder than I expected! :zomg:

[EDIT] If you don't mind Spring season anime that have just started, Gunslinger Stratos and Owari no Seraph may fit the bill based on early episodes. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
^ Thanks everyone. Seen shin sekai yori but Now and Then, Here and There looks right up my alley :yes:

edit: Omg on episode 4 of Now and Then, Here and There. Didn't expect it to be so heavy. Loving it so far.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tai Ga

Psychopass perhaps? It's pretty mainstream and so u may not like it :nothing:.

I saw it recently and quite enjoyed it.
wow. Just finished Now and Then, Here and There. My heart feels heavy :sad:
It was one of mine back then too but now that I've watched so much it sort of gets forgotten till moments like this. :tongue: Have you watched ghost hunt? That was also about ESP stuff and was quite similar; I think Shinrei had quite a strong emotive effect whereas ghost hunt was a little bit more composed - I'd definitely recommend it though.

I haven't seen it, but it sounds good
Original post by Tai Ga
wow. Just finished Now and Then, Here and There. My heart feels heavy :sad:

One of my all time favourite series. Few (if any) other anime I've watched have managed to create such a dark and depressing world.
Has anyone started watching Punch Line and Owari no Seraph yet? I have to say, this season's anime are pretty epic :d

Latest

Trending

Trending