The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8260
Original post by beautifulxxx
So indirectly, arabs are threaning pak now?
Edit: And why did the arabs ask Pakistan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically, Nawaz Sharif went to Saudi and without taking anyone's advice I.e. Parliament or Pakistans Army, he agreed to send troops to Yemen and provide Saudi with military weapons etc.

You must realise that Nawaz has a strong interest in Saudi and UAE because when he was exiled he spent a long time in Saudi but more importantly him and his elite corrupt friends have around $30 billion worth of assets in the Arab world hence they can't afford on a personal level to displease the Arabs.

When he came back to Pakistan, it is highly likely that the Pakistani army gave some signal to Nawaz saying to basically back off the whole Yemen thing. Nawaz sharif had to do this diplomatically and took the case to parliament whereby the majority voted against intervention.

This puts the elite corrupt in a difficult position now because they fear their assets being seized abroad. UAE knows this and therefore the threat was indirectly apparently to the leaders of Pakistan regarding their personal fortunes because other than that the most they can do is send a few thousand of our workers working there back home which wouldn't be too bad.

Now the problem is that the Arab nations know that out of all the Muslim nations Pakistan is arguably the strongest in terms of military capability. And many analyst suggest that the UAEs statement was influenced by a third party. Either Saudi, to put pressure on Pakistan. Or Nawaz, to try and win public support to intervene out of fear or something.

There's a lot more politics in this but that's just a brief summary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PPF
Basically, Nawaz Sharif went to Saudi and without taking anyone's advice I.e. Parliament or Pakistans Army, he agreed to send troops to Yemen and provide Saudi with military weapons etc.

You must realise that Nawaz has a strong interest in Saudi and UAE because when he was exiled he spent a long time in Saudi but more importantly him and his elite corrupt friends have around $30 billion worth of assets in the Arab world hence they can't afford on a personal level to displease the Arabs.

When he came back to Pakistan, it is highly likely that the Pakistani army gave some signal to Nawaz saying to basically back off the whole Yemen thing. Nawaz sharif had to do this diplomatically and took the case to parliament whereby the majority voted against intervention.

This puts the elite corrupt in a difficult position now because they fear their assets being seized abroad. UAE knows this and therefore the threat was indirectly apparently to the leaders of Pakistan regarding their personal fortunes because other than that the most they can do is send a few thousand of our workers working there back home which wouldn't be too bad.

Now the problem is that the Arab nations know that out of all the Muslim nations Pakistan is arguably the strongest in terms of military capability. And many analyst suggest that the UAEs statement was influenced by a third party. Either Saudi, to put pressure on Pakistan. Or Nawaz, to try and win public support to intervene out of fear or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see. Very well explained, thank you.
Original post by PPF

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound like an Imran Khan supporter.
Reply 8263
Original post by HAnwar

Not really. Although I think he is the lesser evil I'm not a big fan of PTI.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PPF
Not really. Although I think he is the lesser evil I'm not a big fan of PTI.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same.
Reply 8265
Shall we get off the politics and back onto the deen? Ya'ani, this discussion won't benefit anyone :tongue:
Original post by Ruh
Shall we get off the politics and back onto the deen? Ya'ani, this discussion won't benefit anyone :tongue:

But I haven't even declared jihad on anyone yet :huff:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar

I don't understand people that aren't
Original post by binarythoughts
I don't understand people that aren't

I don't understand people who are.
Original post by Ruh

Politics is great. It's like teen drama but with countries.
Reply 8270
Original post by HAnwar

You sound like a JUI-F supporter 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Don't tell me you support Nawaz Sharif...
Reply 8272

Bro, let me tell you. Pakistan cannot support a democracy. It needs a military dictatorship like Gen. Musharraf to establish law and order. Once the country is stable and refined I.e. People are educated, have basic necessities and corruption is eliminated only then can you even think of democracy.

By the way, a new party is going to be announced soon and apparently it will invoke major changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PPF
You sound like a JUI-F supporter 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol no thanks.

I agree he's the lesser of two evils.
Democracy is overrated. Don't need one to be a successful country.
Original post by PPF
Bro, let me tell you. Pakistan cannot support a democracy. It needs a military dictatorship like Gen. Musharraf to establish law and order. Once the country is stable and refined I.e. People are educated, have basic necessities and corruption is eliminated only then can you even think of democracy.

By the way, a new party is going to be announced soon and apparently it will invoke major changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand and I am actually a big Musharraf supporter. But in the current circumstances IK is the man.

Yeah, heard about to that. Looking forward to finding out about it.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Democracy is overrated. Don't need one to be a successful country.

This is something we can agree on.
People actually support Musharraf?
What a vile man.
Reply 8279
Original post by HAnwar
People actually support Musharraf?
What a vile man.

He's not a vile man. He is a great man.
Don't be too influenced my Maulana Fazlur Rehman who you seem to be a supporter of..😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending