The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
I've been counting the days. Nothing like seeing that little rat come face to face with what he's been trying to ignore, that he's a hate figure at a club he'd like to think he's still connected with. And he definitely will get a lot of abuse, wish I sat near the corner for his set pieces tbh.

Wouldnt surprise me for one sec to see Cesc get an 'accidental' last minute booking to avoid the game though. I'd really like to push him into embracing the Chav identity, really dont think he likes them either lool, because I cringe everytime I see him chatting about Arsenal.

He gets hate he doesn't deserve. I get the feeling he broke Wengs heart when he left and that's the real reason Wenger didn't bring him back. I personally believe 100% that he'd have come back straight away if we'd expressed interest, the fact that he hasn't ever denied it speaks volumes. He had the choice between United and Chelsea (and possibly City) realistically and chose the right option. Either would have hurt us but what choice did he have? Even yesterday, he didn't exactly celebrate like a madman despite the fact he'd pretty much secured his team the league.

I feel sorry for him because he clearly doesn't want to be hated at Arsenal, you can see in his interviews how much he wants to pretend that the fans still love him. But that isn't the case and the fans have moved on really. I get the feeling even if he is available he'll be dropped to the bench my Mou in favour of Oscar in the middle, I'll probably regret saying this but if he does play I think he'll do really **** and won't be able to cope with all dem feels.

What does piss me off is the bs that we didn't sign him because of Ramsey and Ozil, both of whom have been playing on the ****ing wings for most of the season showing that there was clearly room for him. Tbh if it was between him and Sanchez then he made the right choice, but I'd have rather paid £!0 mil more and got him and moved Sanchez up front, rather than paying £17 ****ing million for danny ****ing welbeck
Original post by The Shed End
Trying to ignore? Pahaha. Love how in your second post back you're back to giving unnecessary and uncalled for abuse about our club, almost like you've got an #inferioritycomplex

Nah, I just think Chelsea fc are the definitive scum club and it's wrong that they have any success at all.
Trying to ignore? Pahaha. Love how in your second post back you're back to giving unnecessary and uncalled for abuse about our club, almost like you've got an #inferioritycomplex

Haha, it's not about your club though is it, it's about a player, no need to be so #obsessed :wink:

Although Cescy certain has rustled many a jimmy by turning blue
Original post by Zürich
Nah, I just think Chelsea fc are the definitive scum club and it's wrong that they have any success at all.

I've missed you and your ramblings. You're like Claude, Moh and Bully rolled into one.
Joe Hart is quite a fraudy keeper tbh, only gets by off the fact he's English. Like when city went out to Barcalona in the cl and people were saying it was best performance by a keeper in a generation. Like get ****ing real, I'd expect a good keeper to save every one of the shots Hart stopped that day, they were pretty much all fired straight at him
Someone's been bullied irl and always turning to the internet as a form of escapism :colone:
Original post by leinad2012
He gets hate he doesn't deserve. I get the feeling he broke Wengs heart when he left and that's the real reason Wenger didn't bring him back. I personally believe 100% that he'd have come back straight away if we'd expressed interest, the fact that he hasn't ever denied it speaks volumes. He had the choice between United and Chelsea (and possibly City) realistically and chose the right option. Either would have hurt us but what choice did he have? Even yesterday, he didn't exactly celebrate like a madman despite the fact he'd pretty much secured his team the league.

I feel sorry for him because he clearly doesn't want to be hated at Arsenal, you can see in his interviews how much he wants to pretend that the fans still love him. But that isn't the case and the fans have moved on really. I get the feeling even if he is available he'll be dropped to the bench my Mou in favour of Oscar in the middle, I'll probably regret saying this but if he does play I think he'll do really **** and won't be able to cope with all dem feels.

What does piss me off is the bs that we didn't sign him because of Ramsey and Ozil, both of whom have been playing on the ****ing wings for most of the season showing that there was clearly room for him. Tbh if it was between him and Sanchez then he made the right choice, but I'd have rather paid £!0 mil more and got him and moved Sanchez up front, rather than paying £17 ****ing million for danny ****ing welbeck

When he left he apparently got on the wrong side of alot of people by refusing to go on tour, heading to an F1 race on the continent when he was 'injured' around the same time, basically trying to put Arsenal in as bad a negotiating position as possible vs Barca. Arsenal arent the hotel California where you can just check in anytime you like, the way he tries to twist the whole situation as though he's just powerless is quite strange. Obviously it's his life and if he though Chelsea were his next best option then that's his look out but he cant expect to come back to the Emirates for Mourinho/Chelsea and expect us to give him anything but abuse.

Anyway he's made his choices and after the fans have an opportunity to give him some stick for 90m I guarantee we'll just move on and forget he ever played for us at all. That's the way it was with RVP anyway.

I do find if jokes seeing how uncomfortable Cesc is at Chelsea though. Like that traitor in 300

We didnt need Cesc and we dont need Cesc. Agree 100% with the decision not to sign him, our season would have unfolded just the same with or without him. Fair enough Ozil has been used wide(where he's been brilliant actually) but Santi, Ramsey, Coq have done great in the middle and I dont see Cesc there making us any more complete so to speak.

And Welbeck has been fine for £16m. Looking good for the cup and we wouldnt have that without him :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Haha, it's not about your club though is it, it's about a player, no need to be so #obsessed :wink:

Although Cescy certain has rustled many a jimmy by turning blue

Yeah because this is about Fabregas.

Original post by Zürich
Yeah because this is about Fabregas.

No it's about an individual player not Chelsea. In the same way lots of people think Lewandowski is a bit scummy for joining Bayern from Dortmund and running out his contract so Dortmund got nothing. That doesn't mean that people think Bayern are a scummy club, just that what Lewandowski did was quite harsh.

Although Zurich does definitely hate Chelsea with a passion
Joe Hart is quite a fraudy keeper tbh, only gets by off the fact he's English. Like when city went out to Barcalona in the cl and people were saying it was best performance by a keeper in a generation. Like get ****ing real, I'd expect a good keeper to save every one of the shots Hart stopped that day, they were pretty much all fired straight at him

Much better than anything we've got
Original post by shawn_o1
Someone's been bullied irl and always turning to the internet as a form of escapism :colone:

Ironically you're the one cyberbulling me.
Original post by Zürich
When he left he apparently got on the wrong side of alot of people by refusing to go on tour, heading to an F1 race on the continent when he was 'injured' around the same time, basically trying to put Arsenal in as bad a negotiating position as possible vs Barca. Arsenal arent the hotel California where you can just check in anytime you like, the way he tries to twist the whole situation as though he's just powerless is quite strange. Obviously it's his life and if he though Chelsea were his next best option then that's his look out but he cant expect to come back to the Emirates for Mourinho/Chelsea and expect us to give him anything but abuse.

Anyway he's made his choices and after the fans have an opportunity to give him some stick for 90m I guarantee we'll just move on and forget he ever played for us at all. That's the way it was with RVP anyway.

We didnt need Cesc and we dont need Cesc. Agree 100% with the decision not to sign him, our season would have unfolded just the same with or without him. Fair enough Ozil has been used wide(where he's been brilliant actually) but Santi, Ramsey, Coq have done great in the middle and I dont see Cesc there making us any more complete so to speak.

I wouldn't boo him and I don't think a lot of the Arsenal faithful would either. He stayed longer than he needed to and went to a team he thought would welcome him back with open arms. Like I've said, before he became available our fans still liked him to an extent, if we played Barce they wouldn't boo him. When he went to Chelsea he had 3 options, go to Chelsea, go to United, or stay at a team that had openly expressed a desire to sell him, he made the right choice and I don't dislike him for it.

You can sit and let your anger cloud your judgement, but we did need him back then, if it hadn't been for RVP the next season who knows where we'd be right now. And we may not have won the league, but you cannot say he wouldn't have improved the team, the stats don't lie and the number of assists he's had has been impressive. I'd take him over Ramsey any day of the week.
Xi against Chelsea I hope...
..................Giroud
Sanchez Ozil Bellerin
........Ramsey Coquelin
Montreal Kosc BFG Debuchy
..................Ospina

Sub- Welbeck, Cazorla and Chambers?
Original post by Jgco2chem
Xi against Chelsea I hope...
..................Giroud
Sanchez Ozil Bellerin
........Ramsey Coquelin
Montreal Kosc BFG Debuchy
..................Ospina

Sub- Welbeck, Cazorla and Chambers?

Agree 100% with that, but would use Walcott or Ox instead as sub
Bellerin is **** lol stop jizzing over him
Original post by Zürich
Much better than anything we've got

Same could be said of Welbeck and look how that's turned out

"Maybe if I wear a mask they won't recognise me"
I wouldn't boo him and I don't think a lot of the Arsenal faithful would either. He stayed longer than he needed to and went to a team he thought would welcome him back with open arms. Like I've said, before he became available our fans still liked him to an extent, if we played Barce they wouldn't boo him. When he went to Chelsea he had 3 options, go to Chelsea, go to United, or stay at a team that had openly expressed a desire to sell him, he made the right choice and I don't dislike him for it.

You can sit and let your anger cloud your judgement, but we did need him back then, if it hadn't been for RVP the next season who knows where we'd be right now. And we may not have won the league, but you cannot say he wouldn't have improved the team, the stats don't lie and the number of assists he's had has been impressive. I'd take him over Ramsey any day of the week.

We wouldnt have won the league with him and obviously the cup game vs Utd would have been different too so I cant see how anyone can be that fussed about him. Mesut Ozil on recent form is just as good if not better. Even Santi has been much better in recent months.

Ramsey is a completely different player anyway, much more B2B etc. And on top form I prefer him too.

Original post by Zürich
Not a hope, Mourinho has a pathological dislike of Arsenal/Wenger(like the criminals who hold a grudge against decent people) and he'll never allow that.

Ospina is ****e and Szczesny has gone backwards and is too much of a dickhead to get his act together so we need someone imo. Dream signing is Lloris personally, if he had some kind of buy out clause that is. Or if City fancy selling us Hart for their FFP purposes we'll cut them a cheque as well of course...

I think you'll get Cech. I'm convinced.
Same could be said of Welbeck and look how that's turned out

Not sure why you think he's been a bad signing. Obviously not good enough for our XI but he is a solid workhorse who's scored probably our most significant goal of this season to date?

If we wanted to flog him to a West Ham in the summer, we'd get the £16m back so it's absolutely fine.

Latest