The Student Room Group

Top medical schools in Romania/Bulgaria

Hi,

I'm hoping to study medicine in either Romania or Bulgaria. I understand that Sofia university is the best medical school in Bulgaria (from what I have researched). However, I am unsure about Romania. I was hoping someone could inform me about the top medical schools in Romania. Taking into account institution recognition, teaching quality and the city.

I'm sure this will help many people who are hoping to study medicine in Europe!

Thanks in advance!

:smile:
I'm guessing that you didn't get in to a medical school in the UK and are looking at options in Eastern Europe?

I know a few people that applied to medical schools in the ROI. It is much closer to home and there isn't a language problem. Whereas in Eastern European medical schools you have to learn the language to speak to patients and there is a language module you have to pass.

Also the ROI accept applications much later than the UK for entry into the same academic year so you could look into that?

Sorry, I'm not answering your question but a lot of people forget that ROI is another option. Good luck :smile:
Original post by hali0112
I'm guessing that you didn't get in to a medical school in the UK and are looking at options in Eastern Europe?

I know a few people that applied to medical schools in the ROI. It is much closer to home and there isn't a language problem. Whereas in Eastern European medical schools you have to learn the language to speak to patients and there is a language module you have to pass.

Also the ROI accept applications much later than the UK for entry into the same academic year so you could look into that?

Sorry, I'm not answering your question but a lot of people forget that ROI is another option. Good luck :smile:

I thought you had to get A*A*AA (at A2) to apply to an Irish medical school though? The grade requirements are famously tough.
Original post by WishIHadRevised
I thought you had to get A*A*AA (at A2) to apply to an Irish medical school though? The grade requirements are famously tough.

have you done your A2s yet? If not there is no harm in applying :smile:

I don't know what their grade requirements are, sorry!
Reply 4
Original post by WishIHadRevised

Do you know if you need 4 A levels?
Reply 5
In Romania the best is UMF Iuliu Hatieganu in Cluj-Napoca. The school is great, but I think the fees for international students are quite big, not sure though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending