The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

|| Falmouth Freshers 2015 ||

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pocamora
Hiya I sent my application on the 10th I think? Then the email was sent on the same day.
I rang the accommodation office and the lady there was super lovely! Apparently they just wanted to inform us of the situation so nothing is 100% certain yet :smile:

nice to meet you too! thank you! I'm guessing your name is Charlotte? haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, right! So there's still a good chance then. :smile: Haha, how am I not surprised the accommodation lady was lovely? Everyone seems to be at Falmouth...

And yeah, I'm Charlotte. How did you know? :rolleyes:

Original post by Failinis
I just checked if there a branch of my bank in Falmouth, there is not so I think I may change to one which is in there - I feel better if I could talk to someone face to face if anything messes up.
I will wait till my EMA stops paying in then change - I hope it does not mess up my student finance, I will be calling them and letting them know the change of my account.
Oh well.

I was thinking of changing my bank account anyway... if you have a look around, loads of banks do special accounts for uni students... some of which give you free stuff, like amazon vouchers. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by charlottei

I was thinking of changing my bank account anyway... if you have a look around, loads of banks do special accounts for uni students... some of which give you free stuff, like amazon vouchers. :biggrin:

I think I need to change bank in person here, and the only banks here that are English are HSBC or Santander, I will be comparing their student account details before I change. I think one has a rail card, no amazon vouchers though :frown:
Reply 102
UCAS/Falmouth still haven't emailed me to confirm my place... this is really annoying, I can't apply for accommodation without it. It's been about 20 hours, did it take this long for any of you? :frown:
Original post by Ellie~
UCAS/Falmouth still haven't emailed me to confirm my place... this is really annoying, I can't apply for accommodation without it. It's been about 20 hours, did it take this long for any of you? :frown:

When was your interview?
Mine was on 19th Feb, got my UCAS offer through on 24th Feb then Falmouth emailed me to confirm on 3rd March. I feel lucky that I got an early-ish interview now!
Reply 104
Original post by charlottei
When was your interview?
Mine was on 19th Feb, got my UCAS offer through on 24th Feb then Falmouth emailed me to confirm on 3rd March. I feel lucky that I got an early-ish interview now!

Mine was in January but I only put Falmouth as my firm choice last night. Took a long time to decide :') I've already got emails back from other universities confirming that I've declined their offers, but nothing from UCAS or Falmouth yet about the firm, which I really need.
Original post by Ellie~
Mine was in January but I only put Falmouth as my firm choice last night. Took a long time to decide :') I've already got emails back from other universities confirming that I've declined their offers, but nothing from UCAS or Falmouth yet about the firm, which I really need.

I just fully chose falmouth as my firm and chose my insurance - do you get an email from the declined and the ones you chose as firm/insurance?
I took ages to decide and I still don't feel 100% on my insurance one, I hope I don't need to go there.
Reply 106
I just fully chose falmouth as my firm and chose my insurance - do you get an email from the declined and the ones you chose as firm/insurance?
I took ages to decide and I still don't feel 100% on my insurance one, I hope I don't need to go there.

I didn't choose an insurance as Falmouth was unconditional. I think you're meant to get emails from all the universities you applied to to confirm that you've accepted/declined them. So far I've got emails from two of my declined. Honestly, I thought I'd get an email from Falmouth first, because I thought it would be automatic. I guess not :rolleyes:
Original post by Ellie~
I didn't choose an insurance as Falmouth was unconditional. I think you're meant to get emails from all the universities you applied to to confirm that you've accepted/declined them. So far I've got emails from two of my declined. Honestly, I thought I'd get an email from Falmouth first, because I thought it would be automatic. I guess not :rolleyes:

Ah, so everyone should get in touch via email?
I have had no word except UCAS saying "something has change on your application" which was me just choosing my offers :tongue:.
I shall give them a few days to all get back to me then.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 108
Ah, so everyone should get in touch via email?
I have had no word except UCAS saying "something has change on your application" which was me just choosing my offers :tongue:.
I shall give them a few days to all get back to me then.

Yeah, I think so. :smile:
I didn't even get an email about anything changing :frown: The choice definitely went through, though. I hope they don't take too long, I don't want to end up with accommodation that's miles away from the campus :confused:
Hey, is any one planning on studying photography at Falmouth?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellie~
Yeah, I think so. :smile:
I didn't even get an email about anything changing :frown: The choice definitely went through, though. I hope they don't take too long, I don't want to end up with accommodation that's miles away from the campus :confused:

If you don't get accommodation near campus (I hope you do though!) would you consider private accommodation? Would save on bus fares and time spent travelling in.
Reply 111
If you don't get accommodation near campus (I hope you do though!) would you consider private accommodation? Would save on bus fares and time spent travelling in.

I suppose so. The furthest accommodation I'd be okay with is The Warehouse because a 20 minute walk to the campus is manageable, but anything further than that is meh :frown: I hope private accommodation won't be necessary, though :/
Original post by Ellie~
I suppose so. The furthest accommodation I'd be okay with is The Warehouse because a 20 minute walk to the campus is manageable, but anything further than that is meh :frown: I hope private accommodation won't be necessary, though :/

Yeah, I got private accommodation thats about 10-15min walk from Woodlane so that is handy enough. I still have not gotten any emails since I selected my firm choice either.
Reply 113
Yeah, I got private accommodation thats about 10-15min walk from Woodlane so that is handy enough. I still have not gotten any emails since I selected my firm choice either.

How did you get accommodation before selecting your firm choice? :confused::eek:
Original post by Ellie~
How did you get accommodation before selecting your firm choice? :confused::eek:

Well I knew Falmouth or Belfast were going to be firm and insurance, I just did not know which was going to be firm/insurance.
So I checked out accommodation for both places and said that I would get back to them - called the girl in Falmouth to say yes I will take the place if my conditional comes through and I told the guy in Belfast it is my insurance. I can stay at home and travel if I go to Belfast
Reply 115
Well I knew Falmouth or Belfast were going to be firm and insurance, I just did not know which was going to be firm/insurance.
So I checked out accommodation for both places and said that I would get back to them - called the girl in Falmouth to say yes I will take the place if my conditional comes through and I told the guy in Belfast it is my insurance. I can stay at home and travel if I go to Belfast

Oh, I see. I might call the accommodation office tomorrow to ask about how I haven't received my email yet and therefore can't apply. It's unlikely they'd be able to do anything apart from telling me to wait, but trying won't hurt :biggrin:
Reply 116
I finally got the email and submitted my application for accommodation! Hopefully I'll still get within my top three choices :s-smilie:
Original post by Ellie~
I finally got the email and submitted my application for accommodation! Hopefully I'll still get within my top three choices :s-smilie:

I only just got an email from them saying they have seen they are one of my chosen choices - good thing I am not trying to get accommodation right now, they left it a bit late to reply to people.
I got an email to submit a photo for my student card and a proof of identity (passport scan) just now - seems quite soon.
I got an email to submit a photo for my student card and a proof of identity (passport scan) just now - seems quite soon.

I got that just after I firmed Falmouth, haha. Isn't it intimidating that you will be carrying around whatever photo you submit for the next few years??

By the way, if anyone gets a reply about accommodation make sure you post it here to give the rest of us some idea of when to expect ours. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest