Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
Yes.
Original post by dierks
Yes.

u wot m8
Original post by student652
Should you wear a full suit to a law firms open day?

Yes.

I've been on five open days now, everyone wears a suit.
Reply 5143
Original post by tehforum
u wot m8

Sorry I sent that by accident. I'm having trouble with the TSR app on my phone.
Reply 5144
Original post by worthwools
Hill Dickinson summer scheme anyone?

Still haven't heard a word from them.
Original post by Tudd
Still haven't heard a word from them.

I know it sounds very rude/ungrateful but I can't help but feel it's becoming a bit of a nuisance not knowing the outcome now!

Finding it very hard to finalise plans/other commitments for summer!
Hey guys :smile:

Does anyone know when TC interviews genearlly take place for 2017 intake?
Thinking of making applications after my penultimate-year results come out and want to make sure I'm not going to be away!

Additionally, if you plan to take a gap year after your degree (so 2018 TC intake), should you wait until your final year of law to apply? Or apply in your penultimate year then try to defer?

Thanks!
anyone have or had a telephone interview with Browne Jacobson?
Anyone know what to expect on a Gateley half-day assesment?
Original post by LawStudent30
I know it sounds very rude/ungrateful but I can't help but feel it's becoming a bit of a nuisance not knowing the outcome now!

Finding it very hard to finalise plans/other commitments for summer!

I completely agree! do you think it's Worth emailing?
Reply 5150
Has anyone heard if they have a VS offer from Penningtons Manches?
Reply 5151
Anyone recently attended a dwf AC have any tips for me?
Seems like a lot of people, including me, have still not heard from Gibson Dunn. Do you think it's worth someone making a phone call to see if they are still bothering? What do you guys think?
Reply 5153
Original post by kittyclaireL
I completely agree! do you think it's Worth emailing?

Definitely! Who's going to take the plunge?
Original post by JKRP11
Seems like a lot of people, including me, have still not heard from Gibson Dunn. Do you think it's worth someone making a phone call to see if they are still bothering? What do you guys think?

Please do!

Also, I've not heard the outcome of my Clyde and Co app yet. Sent an email to them a few days ago, but not had a reply. Does anyone know what's going on there?
Original post by benbutterworth
Still waiting on Mishcon de Reya post-video interview. Emailed them last week and they said they were currently screening and will get back to everyone soon.

have you checked your Mischon "messenger" thing? mine changed from 'video interview' to 'assessment day' but i haven't received an email yet about it.

anyone have any ideas?
Original post by JKRP11

Not been on here in the past day, do you have any updates?
I've been placed on the reserve list for Shoosmiths. Is anyone aware of my likelihood of still getting on to the scheme?
Original post by roseh92
Please do!

Also, I've not heard the outcome of my Clyde and Co app yet. Sent an email to them a few days ago, but not had a reply. Does anyone know what's going on there?

they're running the easter vac scheme at the moment so are incredibly busy - it finishes on friday so i presume they'll get back to you after then
Original post by J-SP
Hard to say this year with the SRA code in question.

It's usually late July and August though. Depends on how many stages there are and how many trainees they need to recruit.

Larger firms will have it spread out over a number of weeks, while those recruiting a handful of trainees will only have one or two days worth of interviews.

I would apply and then try and defer. But if you are unsuccessful this year, then you could apply next cycle instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that's helpful! Will be interesting to see what the impact of the SRA code withdrawal will be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending