The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bellerin such a polarising player
Bellerin is the example of a media defender, he gets repped because he's good offensively but can't defend for ****. Every Arsenal fan knows that
Original post by The Shed End
Ironically you're the one cyberbulling me.

Usually I am opposed to 'victim blaming', but in your case, you are absolutely asking for it.
Original post by Depleted

Most Arsenal players are. Last season some of our most hated were Cazorla, Giroud, Monreal, and Ozil (for the latter half). Funny how the fanbase changes their opinions completely in very short spaces of time.

Original post by leinad2012
Bellerin is the example of a media defender, he gets repped because he's good offensively but can't defend for ****. Every Arsenal fan knows that

It's because the PL values entertainment over quality, so they don't mind someone letting in goals as long as they score them (it's why Chelsea are hated so much for being quality yet boring).

Quick as **** though.
Original post by Arkasia
Most Arsenal players are. Last season some of our most hated were Cazorla, Giroud, Monreal, and Ozil (for the latter half). Funny how the fanbase changes their opinions completely in very short spaces of time.

It's because the PL values entertainment over quality, so they don't mind someone letting in goals as long as they score them (it's why Chelsea are hated so much for being quality yet boring).

Football fans are just fickle in general tbh
Football fans are just fickle in general tbh

Yeah but Arsenal fans are some of the worst, especially post-invincibles.
Original post by Arkasia
Sorry for that last comment about Bellerin if anyone found it offensive :/

I liked it

classic terrorism banter
Original post by Arkasia

Wouldn't say that's true. We've only just got a glimpse of how bad (and fast) UTD fans can get once their club goes into meltdown so it's a shame they've recovered so fast.
Don't forget how bad the Liverpool fans turned last season once they got the slightest glimpse of glory

Oh and then there's Chelsea. The less said about Chelsea the better.
Original post by Arkasia

It's the self-entitlement that annoys me, the fans who say "we pay the most for tickets so we deserve the league every year", it's like, get a ****ing grip.

Same fans who complain about expensive tickets, the stadium is sold out every game so Arsenal obviously have their ticket prices pretty spot on in terms of supply and demand
Original post by AR_95
Wouldn't say that's true. We've only just got a glimpse of how bad (and fast) UTD fans can get once their club goes into meltdown so it's a shame they've recovered so fast.
Don't forget how bad the Liverpool fans turned last season once they got the slightest glimpse of glory

Oh and then there's Chelsea. The less said about Chelsea the better.

United fans are used to success for good reason, so last season was a shock. Only a handful of managers in the world could have survived in that job the year after Ferguson left, so Moyes was screwed from the moment he accepted the role.

Liverpool fans are just desperate, and Chelsea fans are just prawn-sandwich eating WUMS.
It's the self-entitlement that annoys me, the fans who say "we pay the most for tickets so we deserve the league every year", it's like, get a ****ing grip.

Same fans who complain about expensive tickets, the stadium is sold out every game so Arsenal obviously have their ticket prices pretty spot on in terms of supply and demand

im guessing you're not a match going fan
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
im guessing you're not a match going fan

I'll go to a few games every season. The prices are a bit ridiculous at time and I think the season tickets should be a fair bit cheaper so the true hardcore fans can watch all the games, but if the stadium is full are they pricing the tickets incorrectly in the market?
Original post by AR_95

This point baffles me a lot. We showed that we don't put up with nonsense, and we're one of the least deluded fanbases (if not the least). It's clear Liverpool and Arsenal fans are the worst in the country for this.
This point baffles me a lot. We showed that we don't put up with nonsense, and we're one of the least deluded fanbases (if not the least). It's clear Liverpool and Arsenal fans are the worst in the country for this.

myths

A hell of a lot of Utd fans took one terrible season embarrassingly badly
Original post by Zürich
myths

A hell of a lot of Utd fans took one terrible season embarrassingly badly

Its because we've set the standard much higher than the competition.
But yeah, some fans completely lost their heads.

It shows that you can force a manager out of a job and then praise the new one when the old managers signings start to perform...

You have delusions of grandeur and a self-entitlement same as any other top teams fanbase, but x10 because of all the glory hunter fans
Original post by Rk2k14
Its because we've set the standard much higher than the competition.
But yeah, some fans completely lost their heads.

Also the fact most Utd fans chose them only because they are seen to guarantee glory and once that simple co-dependency breaks down there are the classic 7 stages of loss. A very specific type of personality chooses to become a Utd fan in my experience, and many of these guys didnt react well to a bit of turbulence.

Tbf for all the underachievement and setbacks Liverpool put their fans through, they react much much better than Utd fans.Arsenal are sort of different since most of our UK fanbase are broadly from the London area and we've never collapsed anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Also the fact most Utd fans chose them only because they are seen to guarantee glory and once that simple co-dependency breaks down there are the classic 7 stages of loss. A very specific type of personality chooses to become a Utd fan in my experience, and many of these guys didnt react well to a bit of turbulence.

Tbf for all the underachievement and setbacks Liverpool put their fans through, they react much much better than Utd fans.

I believe the personality type you''re looking for is *****ness

Ah I don't know about that. The only reason the stadium is sold out is because we have so many fans to begin with. I mean, the average person spends anywhere between £35-£65 for a ticket (depending on opposition/competition), so it's already expensive as ****, and then when you turn up the atmosphere is piss poor because there are so many rich bastards who get given tickets, and who just sit there. The Arsenal away fans are some of the best in the country, simply because they are hardcore fans who own season tickets. The Arsenal home fans are atrocious.

Latest