The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Perol
I revise about 20 mins aha you guys are not serious are you pwah who does 3-4 hours for real talk!

A month before exams? If you say so you seem quite confident.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5281

aha whats the point, don't wanna stress myself out
Is 2 hours okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
How is revision going guys? Are there any subjects that you have completely finished revising?? Posted from TSR Mobile
Finished bio and chem! Tackling geography and planning one day to pick up a physics text book :P
Original post by dumb cabbage
Is 2 hours okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On a school day yess but ensure it's efficient. For Easter you're looking at 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImagineCats
Finished bio and chem! Tackling geography and planning one day to pick up a physics text book :P

Omg on the same rod! But I've done physics and biology and need to open the chemistry book I'm struggling with it! And yup doing geography tomorrow :smile: do you do Edexcel B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the weekdays I start revising from 5-8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's the deal...
I don't really like my school, I only have a couple of close friends there and some serious bad memories, so understandably I don't really want to go to the sixth form.

But the sixth form I want to go to has a school attached to it, and I'm scared I'll be a loner, I'm so socially awkward. Should I stay put and hate it or move and be at risk of loner some?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by irfan_blue
Omg on the same rod! But I've done physics and biology and need to open the chemistry book I'm struggling with it! And yup doing geography tomorrow :smile: do you do Edexcel B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ew physics :tongue: And yeah I am! I hate the coast part but I'm quite enjoying the course. Are you taking it next year? I am!
Ew physics :tongue: And yeah I am! I hate the coast part but I'm quite enjoying the course. Are you taking it next year? I am!

I'm doing Geography edexcel A. How much different is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I'm beginning to panick
Like for real
I keep saying to myself 'you need to step it up' and nothing happens
I just don't know what to do with myself anymore
Original post by SampleX
Here's the deal...
I don't really like my school, I only have a couple of close friends there and some serious bad memories, so understandably I don't really want to go to the sixth form.

But the sixth form I want to go to has a school attached to it, and I'm scared I'll be a loner, I'm so socially awkward. Should I stay put and hate it or move and be at risk of loner some?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't stay anywhere you aren't happy if you can avoid it, going through 2 of the toughest years of your life in an environment that you hate is not going to benefit you in any way.

There will be lots of other new people there, so maybe get to know them?
join loads of clubs, societies, take up something new
dont forget in sixth form you will be spending a lot more time with the people in your sets, so try and find a friend or two in your classes as you should be okay
Original post by negatron
I'm doing Geography edexcel A. How much different is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea. What topics do you cover and whats the exam layout?
Edexcel B Exam= 25% Coasts or rivers CA 25% Decision making 25% people and the planet 25% Dynamic planet

The compulsory topics are stuff like tectonic plates and earthquakes/volcanoes, water sustainability, biomes/biosphere, TNCs, More random business stuff, and then your school chooses for next 2 topics. Either rivers or oceans, then rural or urban stuff :smile:
Original post by ellie98
Guys I'm beginning to panick
Like for real
I keep saying to myself 'you need to step it up' and nothing happens
I just don't know what to do with myself anymore

Make some achievable goal grades and work purely to get those- so don't overload everything

Take all your subjects now and work out how many units/pages of a text book you need to cover before the day of the exam. Divide that by how many days (just under 30 for RE which is the first one now) and stick to that

Watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians for motivation

Don't worry about how long you spend, it's all about how effective you are

focus all your effort on the subjects you're terrible at. Aim for B+ grades

Cut out the subjects that don't need that much revision and you can do every now and again (languages, english, any others?)

START. RIGHT. NOW!

In 2 months it's all over, look at that in a good way! :tongue:

Know that you will still get into a uni.

Drink tea and do exercise

Good luck! Keep me updated :smile:
Edexcel B Exam= 25% Coasts or rivers CA 25% Decision making 25% people and the planet 25% Dynamic planet

The compulsory topics are stuff like tectonic plates and earthquakes/volcanoes, water sustainability, biomes/biosphere, TNCs, More random business stuff, and then your school chooses for next 2 topics. Either rivers or oceans, then rural or urban stuff :smile:

Yup same exams and sounds similar you got edexcel? Have you even begun revising for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make some achievable goal grades and work purely to get those- so don't overload everything

Take all your subjects now and work out how many units/pages of a text book you need to cover before the day of the exam. Divide that by how many days (just under 30 for RE which is the first one now) and stick to that

Watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians for motivation

Don't worry about how long you spend, it's all about how effective you are

focus all your effort on the subjects you're terrible at. Aim for B+ grades

Cut out the subjects that don't need that much revision and you can do every now and again (languages, english, any others?)

START. RIGHT. NOW!

In 2 months it's all over, look at that in a good way! :tongue:

Know that you will still get into a uni.

Drink tea and do exercise

Good luck! Keep me updated :smile:

Thank you for all your help :biggrin:
I loved the bit about the Kardashians :tongue:
I'm going to do some Chemistry right now :tongue:
Original post by irfan_blue
Yup same exams and sounds similar you got edexcel? Have you even begun revising for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I'm onto the second section about oceans and coastal crap now

We have 3 exams. Unit 1- geographical skills, Unit 2 and Unit 3 Physical geography and Human Geography and we also had controlled assessment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by negatron
We have 3 exams. Unit 1- geographical skills, Unit 2 and Unit 3 Physical geography and Human Geography and we also had controlled assessment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool so it's the same- just slightly different exam spec maybe?
Original post by SampleX
Here's the deal...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same situation as you, i dislike my school and only have a couple friends.

I decided to go to a college because i can get away from the people, its a new environment, everyone will be new and also theres no younger people there... :P

Latest