The Student Room Group

HELP!

I'm doing of mice and men and inspector calls for igcse edexcel english lit and my school is rubbish so I wanted to ask you guys how should I structure my answers in this exam and what they are looking for an A/A* answer

thanks
Reply 1
Look up Mr. Bruff on YouTube.
hi, you can get a revision book for both of them which we were provided from our school you can buy them online, even im doing them
Reply 3
Ok thanks I've got a revision guide I'm just worried about the structure in a exam
Original post by Mani07
Ok thanks I've got a revision guide I'm just worried about the structure in a exam

Yo can find how to structure them on youtube and them you just need to follow them and then memorise them.
Original post by Mani07
I'm doing of mice and men and inspector calls for igcse edexcel english lit and my school is rubbish so I wanted to ask you guys how should I structure my answers in this exam and what they are looking for an A/A* answer

thanks

I am also doing about of Mice and Men and An inspector calls, however I am doing this with the exam board-WJEC. You're exam board may or may not have an online English Literature specification-it would be useful to look up this. For WJEC about 20% of the marks are allocated to the knowledge of the historical context of the era, so you should include background information in your answers where appropriate. Also when answering questions always refer back to the text and use quotations. A process to follow when answering these sort of questions is PQA. This stands for Point-make a statement. Quote-pick a quote from the text which supports your point. Analysis-Analyse the quote more in depth.
Original post by Mani07

thanks

hey there! i'm doing mice and men too for my IGCSEs!

mice and men is english literature, so it would be vital to have a beginning and a conclusion, that would be the most basic structure. and in between there would be paragraphs explaining a certain point, whichever you are exploring. that is structure-wise, what our school has taught us. in your essay, you should aim to answer the question asked and explore your points.

i really don't know what you need to do in order to get an A/A* but you should be very familiar with the texts and should generally be able to use quotes. memorizing quotations is an effect way to further prove your point and therefore would enhance your chance of gaining points, if you used them in the correct context that is.

it would be ideal if you could maybe google for some IGCSE english literature essays? so you would have a general idea of how everything should be and the general structure. and looking at mark schemes would give you an idea of what the examiner expects so that would generally be helpful as well. but mark schemes don't contain a sample answer or anything like that unfortunately :frown:

but wish you the best of luck!
Reply 7
Thanks for your help. Yh I'm doing inspector calls too. I've learned most of the quotations and I have been told to but the language of each character which is helpful also I've been told to do peace way

Quick Reply

Latest