The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracee89
My interview was april 10th too! Maybe I'll hear something today then :/ but I don't think it went very well tbh

Oh cool what time were you ?
Original post by chrissy96x
Oh cool what time were you ?

I was 3pm, how about you?
Original post by gracee89
I was 3pm, how about you?

at 11
Original post by atlsme
That is a good UKCAT score and there are a lot people rejecting SGUL so I would say hang tight there is still hope. :smile:

yes It's good to remain hopeful, but judging from last year, very few people on the waiting list get offers, so my advice would be to begin planning a gap year, just in case you don't get the offer.
Original post by hukdealz
yes It's good to remain hopeful, but judging from last year, very few people on the waiting list get offers, so my advice would be to begin planning a gap year, just in case you don't get the offer.

Over 50% of the people on the waiting list got offers last year.

It was 100% for 2013 entry. I have also heard they had to call people they had initially rejected (post interview ) to offer places.

I'd say they placed far too little people on the waiting list for 2013 entry. Then they placed a bit too many people during the 2014 entry cycle.

Now for 2015 entry, they will not have as many people on the waiting list as last year, so about 70% of the people on the waiting list will get offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slsgt3
Over 50% of the people on the waiting list got offers last year.

It was 100% for 2013 entry. I have also heard they had to call people they had initially rejected (post interview ) to offer places.

I'd say they placed far too little people on the waiting list for 2013 entry. Then they placed a bit too many people during the 2014 entry cycle.

Now for 2015 entry, they will not have as many people on the waiting list as last year, so about 70% of the people on the waiting list will get offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you got a source for this, because I've heard otherwise
Original post by hukdealz
have you got a source for this, because I've heard otherwise

For 2013 entry, the FOI is on the St George's website and various other places on the internet. You can search for it.

For 2014 entry, I have seen an FOI. But it is not on the internet. I guess you could send a FOI request to conform. However, I am pretty sure it's greater than 50%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2307
Original post by slsgt3
For 2013 entry, the FOI is on the St George's website and various other places on the internet. You can search for it.

For 2014 entry, I have seen an FOI. But it is not on the internet. I guess you could send a FOI request to conform. However, I am pretty sure it's greater than 50%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

out of curiosity, did you apply to the A900 or A100?
Original post by jvee15
out of curiosity, did you apply to the A900 or A100?

A100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2309
Has anyone applied for the A900 here? has anyone got an answer?
The stats I have mentioned are for the A100 course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do any of you worry about St georges lack of prestige or reputation? Everyone I know has either never heard of SG or thinks it's an easy med school to get into. I know this means nothing in practical terms as u end up becoming a doctor but I'd still like to have some pride in my chosen uni
Original post by Trypsin
Do any of you worry about St georges lack of prestige or reputation? Everyone I know has either never heard of SG or thinks it's an easy med school to get into. I know this means nothing in practical terms as u end up becoming a doctor but I'd still like to have some pride in my chosen uni

I do sometimes worry to be perfectly honest which is why I still havent firmed. It is really annoying, on one hand London is the place to be, it'll always be alive and the SGUL students love it there, on the other hand it isnt really moving up in the league tables (even though it makes no difference).
Original post by atlsme
I do sometimes worry to be perfectly honest which is why I still havent firmed. It is really annoying, on one hand London is the place to be, it'll always be alive and the SGUL students love it there, on the other hand it isnt really moving up in the league tables (even though it makes no difference).

In terms of clinical training Georges is awesome but I agree with you. Where is your other offer from?
Original post by Trypsin
In terms of clinical training Georges is awesome but I agree with you. Where is your other offer from?

UEA and HYMS although HYMS is most definitely a nah. Yeah the fact that SGUL is based in the hospital itself is amazing. I also plan to write the USMLE after and try for America so the "University of London" branding might help so also need to account for that.
Original post by atlsme
UEA and HYMS although HYMS is most definitely a nah. Yeah the fact that SGUL is based in the hospital itself is amazing. I also plan to write the USMLE after and try for America so the "University of London" branding might help so also need to account for that.

Georges trumps all of those unis. UoL degree is worth much more than an MBBCh which UEA gives because unlike the UK, the U.S. Is elitist and puts more emphasis on prestige of uni.
Original post by Trypsin
Georges trumps all of those unis. UoL degree is worth much more than an MBBCh which UEA gives because unlike the UK, the U.S. Is elitist and puts more emphasis on prestige of uni.

Yeah but after talking to a few US doctors it turns out that they don't really care which uni you're from as long you have a good USMLE and can do well in the interviews. I most probably will firm it in the end though because I love London too much to leave it. :wink:
Original post by atlsme
Yeah but after talking to a few US doctors it turns out that they don't really care which uni you're from as long you have a good USMLE and can do well in the interviews. I most probably will firm it in the end though because I love London too much to leave it. :wink:

Think of it this way: do you want to live in Hull (😱) Norwich (boring) or the world city that is known as london?
Original post by Trypsin
Think of it this way: do you want to live in Hull (������) Norwich (boring) or the world city that is known as london?

Exactly. London > every other place
Someone please reassure me of my choice to firm SG..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending