The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M150
I'm definitely looking forward to the Notts taster day. Glad it's a weekend too.

SGUL is the only one I'm sure I'm going to turn down - but it looks like on track I can't decline offers which is annoying because I want to decline that now so the place can be offered to the waiting list. Argh!

Yeah, it's very poor form - I've seen at least 5 people who have declined or deferred their place for this year, and I'm on the waiting list with a 69/70, but I've not heard anything, so I assume they're still waiting on things back from people.

GODDAMNIT
Reply 421
Original post by M150
I have the same conditions and finished mine in 2012. Glad it's not just me.

Ah good.

So we're in more or less the same boat. I'll probably get down to making a spreadsheet of pros and cons for Swansea and Notts :smile:

I remember visiting Warwick and leaving thinking I'd only go there if no one else gave me an offer. What was it that swayed you so much?
Original post by Zorg
Ah good.

So we're in more or less the same boat. I'll probably get down to making a spreadsheet of pros and cons for Swansea and Notts :smile:

I remember visiting Warwick and leaving thinking I'd only go there if no one else gave me an offer. What was it that swayed you so much?

Just wanted to let you know. I went to Swansea for my BSc and absolutely loved it. It is a really nice city and you're never more than a 5 minute walk away from the beach. I'd pick Swansea if I could!
Reply 423
Original post by Zorg
Ah good.

The boyfriend is waiting to hear about a job in Birmingham :P that's pretty much it.
Original post by Zorg
Wondering if the MSc condition is automatic for everyone. I graduated with an MSc in 2013,yet they have my offer conditional on obtaining it by 08/2015... Do they think I'm currently studying...?

Does it specify your MSc as a requirement or isn't it just you meet the minimum requirement (a 2:2) by August?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, just wanted to say there's a place for you guys on the waiting list from me :smile: I'm turning down my Nottingham and Swansea offers to study at Liverpool, so hopefully one of you will recieve an offer soon! Congrats to everyone with offers! And good luck to the people waiting, I really do hope you hear soon! :smile:
Reply 426
Original post by Nat1217
Does it specify your MSc as a requirement or isn't it just you meet the minimum requirement (a 2:2) by August?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My track update just says academic conditions if it helps.
Reply 427
Original post by Nat1217

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope specifically mentions the MSc. I gave them the degree certificate at the interview though so not sure what they're cracking on about.
Reply 428
Congrats to all you guys with offers.

Can I ask how many times you've applied before getting offers? I'll be going into my third application, but only been interviewed this year as my first go was more of a trial run...
This was my second time applying - last year had three interviews, no offers, no waiting list; this year had four interviews, one offer, one waiting list, and waiting on the other two.
Reply 430
Original post by N23456

Can I ask how many times you've applied before getting offers? I'll be going into my third application, but only been interviewed this year as my first go was more of a trial run...

First time, 4 interviews, 4 offers, and a whole lot of issues with my academic background (2:2 degree, poor GCSES and A Levels) but I applied to where I met the minimum requirements and the entry exams got me to interview.
Reply 431
First application, 3 interviews 2 offers, one wait list and one rejection.
Reply 432
Original post by N23456

First time applying, 3 interviews, 2 offers and 2 rejections.
Original post by kateamelia
Although actually I don't think I can firm it until BSMS have made a decision on my application... should I email them and ask them to reject me?

Original post by N23456

First time applying: 3 interviews, 1 rejections, 1 offer and 1 waiting list.

I thought you could withdraw the choices on UCAS you don't want so you are just left with the option you do want - even if you don't have decisions from them...if you click view, you then get the option to permanently withdraw. Then you can firm the one you have left...

My UCAS still hasn't updated, but I do have the letter - should I contact them or give it a couple of days?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 434
Original post by emmalou87
First time applying: 2 rejections, 1 offer and 1 waiting list.

I thought you could withdraw the choices on UCAS you don't want so you are just left with the option you do want - even if you don't have decisions from them...if you click view, you then get the option to permanently withdraw. Then you can firm the one you have left...

My UCAS still hasn't updated, but I do have the letter - should I contact them or give it a couple of days?

Ooh, that would be handy. I might give UCAS a call later and check how would be best to do that. Don't want to accidentally reject all of them which is a big worry of mine.
I just had my parents read out my results, I got 1,2,1,1,1,1 :smile:

That SGUL rejection doesn't hurt so much now!
Original post by Benhope7
I just had my parents read out my results, I got 1,2,1,1,1,1 :smile:

That SGUL rejection doesn't hurt so much now!

I got the same. Although found it rather amusing that my 2 was for work experience - I've worked as a HCA for nearly three years in Outpatients, Wards, Theatre, X-ray and also administration... Doesn't matter though as got the offer anyways! :biggrin:
Original post by emmalou87
I got the same. Although found it rather amusing that my 2 was for work experience - I've worked as a HCA for nearly three years in Outpatients, Wards, Theatre, X-ray and also administration... Doesn't matter though as got the offer anyways! :biggrin:

Yup, I'll never understand it - last year, I got a *4* for my work experience - I've worked in hospitals for over 10 years, and a *4* for enthusiasm... why would I bother applying at all if I wasn't enthusiastic about the job!!!
Reply 438
I'm pretty certain the scores mean little when it comes to interview bands; A, B and C. There's certainly an element of the process which Nottingham haven't thoroughly explained, though I can understand why they don't give us completely unrestricted access to their process.
I say this because there's no way I should have an offer with my score on it's own.
Original post by Zorg
I'm pretty certain the scores mean little when it comes to interview bands; A, B and C. There's certainly an element of the process which Nottingham haven't thoroughly explained, though I can understand why they don't give us completely unrestricted access to their process.
I say this because there's no way I should have an offer with my score on it's own.

I reckon you're just being modest! What was your score? I suppose your score could have been the lowest of the band you were in and then your GAMSAT score brought you up to the top of that band. Well done anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending