The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Got my FSAC report today, got 17.28! Had an immediate pass for CD and survived a few band narrowings for DS, but was ultimately unsuccessful for that option - I feel like I must have been quite close?! Really happy with CD anyway, best of luck to everyone still waiting :biggrin:
Original post by rm436
Such an exaggeration. I live just outside London and most of my friends live in London, and all of my friends earn less than that! You can certainly survive on that salary ...

Original post by rm436

London is really expensive but this is an amazing job in an amazing city!

Original post by grownupfrog
I'll be starting in September, my comments were based on experiences of friends who did the fast stream and friends living in London on similar wages...

Original post by SarahLouPinder
Not to be rude to your friend, but unless you live quite an extravagant life, you'll be absolutely fine on 27k! ...

Original post by Frenchie86
Just to reiterate what other people have said, "nearly impossible" is a huge exaggeration! ...

Original post by isherregods
This is absolutely not true ...

Original post by Fsds56
After CS pension contributions (approx 5.7%), student loan (approx £76) and tax you are left with around £1600 a month.

Thank you all for the replies. It's really great to hear that you overwhelming believe that you can live fine on the FS salary in London. As you've all said it is an amazing opportunity - I would take it even if it was tough to live on. However it's really reassuring to hear such positive experiences.

I will definitely research flat-sharing, had a glance on Spareroom and there does seem to be much more realistic accommodation than I was finding while trying to find a flat for myself on Rightmove and the like.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shablamo!
Got my FSAC report today, got 17.28! Had an immediate pass for CD and survived a few band narrowings for DS, but was ultimately unsuccessful for that option - I feel like I must have been quite close?! Really happy with CD anyway, best of luck to everyone still waiting :biggrin:

Congrats on getting CD.

You were close I got through to DS FSB with just 0.3 more.

I think from reading previous years threads that they marked tougher this year - maybe I'm wrong though.
Fingers crossed for results today..
Reply 2924
Original post by alexsasg
Fingers crossed for results today..

People getting their FSAC reports yesterday has given me hope that we might get something today! Good luck :smile:
Original post by rm436
People getting their FSAC reports yesterday has given me hope that we might get something today! Good luck :smile:

Thanks, you too! :smile:
Reply 2926
i'm awaiting mine as well, good luck to everyone! but what's it marked out of and whats the pass rate, anyone know?
Original post by mcrx
i'm awaiting mine as well, good luck to everyone! but what's it marked out of and whats the pass rate, anyone know?

If I remember correctly (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I think it's out of a possible 20. Also pretty sure there isn't a set pass rate - it varies year on year. Just from looking at the successful and unsuccessful scores, I think everyone who's amber banded is somewhere in the 15-16 range.
Reply 2928
Original post by alexsasg
If I remember correctly (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I think it's out of a possible 20. Also pretty sure there isn't a set pass rate - it varies year on year. Just from looking at the successful and unsuccessful scores, I think everyone who's amber banded is somewhere in the 15-16 range.

Hey, its out of 24. Pass rate or mark? Pass mark varies scheme by scheme, for generalists it is between 16-16.4 (16.25 last year) for HR between 15-16.

Good luck all!
The last sheet of your feedback report will explain the marks. You get a mark from 1-4 for each of the 6 competencies. 6 is the lowest possible total, 24 the highest. A 2 is required in each competency to pass, as well as a total score of that year's pass mark.
Reply 2930
For info about the pass rate, i.e. how many people get a job out of how many people who apply, there are stats for last year here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/359237/Annex_-_2013_Annual_Report_data_FINAL.pdf
Original post by Lauws
Hey, its out of 24. Pass rate or mark? Pass mark varies scheme by scheme, for generalists it is between 16-16.4 (16.25 last year) for HR between 15-16.

Good luck all!

Whoops, thanks for clarifying.
Reply 2932
"You have 0 unread messages"

..............Ad infinitum
Reply 2933
Original post by Lauws

My life. Just got a message about expenses though, which was exciting for all of one second.
Reply 2934
Original post by Lauws

I'm always convinced that the home screen lies, so I even click open the 'Results Progress' link every, oh, I dunno, 6 minutes
Reply 2935
Original post by rm436
My life. Just got a message about expenses though, which was exciting for all of one second.

Do you click the results progress bit to? Every time? Yeah, me too.
Reply 2936
Original post by Lauws
Do you click the results progress bit to? Every time? Yeah, me too.

Haha yes I do. But to be fair, when I got my e-Tray results they took days to send me a message after updating my scheme page so I don't trust the messages anymore!
Original post by Lauws

Had a day off today and now my F5 key is looking slightly worn...
Seems like a quiet day today then - no updates at all! Come on parity, what have you been doing all day?
What if everyone in the amber band for CD right now got exactly the same score and they invite us to an ad-hoc FSB right in the middle of exams
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending