The Student Room Group

Visible hip bones. Yay or nay?

I'm a skinny guy. I eat a load of Macdonalds and fatty food, but I don't put on weight, so I'm not skinny because I starve myself. I used to work out a lot but since the crash, I've not been able to work out properly now that one of my arms doesn't work. This has led to me digressing back to my previously skinny frame.

My question is: What do you think of hip bones? I ask because, I currently have a female friend who says that she likes them a lot. I've never heard a girl or a guy show an inclination toward that preference. Especially since the "REAL men and REAL women have curves, they're not skinny! Ewww, skinny!!" takeover.

So what do you think? Yay, or nay?
Oooooh my hips don't lie
I'd imagine most people really don't care about hip bones. You said you're skinny, but how skinny? Prisoner of war skinny is not a good look.

I'd suggest you should (rather obviously) eat more. I don't mean eat more junk - just eat healthily but bigger portions. You're obviously not eating enough. If you eat more calories than burn, then you will gain weight.
I'd me more impressed by invisible hipbones, ngl...
Original post by ImNotSuperman
I'd imagine most people really don't care about hip bones. You said you're skinny, but how skinny? Prisoner of war skinny is not a good look.

I'd suggest you should (rather obviously) eat more. I don't mean eat more junk - just eat healthily but bigger portions. You're obviously not eating enough. If you eat more calories than burn, then you will gain weight.

I dieted when I was working out. It took me 3500 calories a day to maintain average weight. I won't be using your suggestion to eat more, as I eat more than enough. My question pertained to whether you like visible hip bones or not, which you don't. You're welcome to that opinion, and as I asked you for it: I thank you for it also.

Visible hip bones is not an indicator of being underweight or somehow malnourished, you can't tell somebody that they need to eat more based off that alone.

Original post by Ridingmyego

My question is: What do you think of hip bones? I ask because, I currently have a female friend who says that she likes them a lot. I've never heard a girl or a guy show an inclination toward that preference. Especially since the "REAL men and REAL women have curves, they're not skinny! Ewww, skinny!!" takeover.

I think the "real women/men have curves" stuff is just media as opposed to a complete picture of general opinion. I know a couple of girls that like collar bones for some reason, I myself seem to be more inclined towards skinny girls, so I suppose basically some people are gonna dig that thang, some won't care and some want to keep visible hip bones as far away from them as possible. Such is life...
Sounds hot for either sex
Original post by Retired_Messiah

I think the "real women/men have curves" stuff is just media as opposed to a complete picture of general opinion. I know a couple of girls that like collar bones for some reason, I myself seem to be more inclined towards skinny girls, so I suppose basically some people are gonna dig that thang, some won't care and some want to keep visible hip bones as far away from them as possible. Such is life...

I think you're very right good sir. I've just never came across the opinion before so it kinda startled me :') she's lovely though so I hope we continue. Thank you for your reply! :smile:
Original post by Ridingmyego
I dieted when I was working out. It took me 3500 calories a day to maintain average weight. I won't be using your suggestion to eat more, as I eat more than enough. My question pertained to whether you like visible hip bones or not, which you don't. You're welcome to that opinion, and as I asked you for it: I thank you for it also.

You were strongly implying in the OP that you had a skinny frame and didn't like it, you're trying to eat a lot of junk food but you're still skinny. I was just saying in that case what you're eating now, is not enough.

Actually I love hip bones on a girl. I prefer the skinny type. Unfortunately my type are few and far between in the UK :frown:
You were strongly implying in the OP that you had a skinny frame and didn't like it, you're trying to eat a lot of junk food but you're still skinny. I was just saying in that case what you're eating now, is not enough.

Actually I love hip bones on a girl. I prefer the skinny type. Unfortunately my type are few and far between in the UK :frown:

I understand the misinterpretation, I eat a lot of junk food cos I love junk food. I'm not looking to change my figure, but I see how it could've came across that way. I've got nothing against skinny girls either man, I think they're the subject of abuse too often these days.

Quick Reply

Latest