The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Btw, are you a sufi? If yes, what does sufism mean to you bro?

I still don't fully understand it lol. I do like some of the poetry by Sufi's.
Allah is sufficient for us [3:173]

[video="youtube;YDbqrsu2nEg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDbqrsu2nEg[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Inzamam99
"Agenda to Change our condition" by Hamza Yusuf and Zaid Shakir is also really good :smile:

Awesome :smile:
Original post by cake_lover
I still don't fully understand it lol. I do like some of the poetry by Sufi's.

Other then poety, what interests you in sufism?
Around 30 civilians were killed and dozens injured in a new wave of regime airstrikes on rebel-held parts Aleppo, especially on the districts of Bustan al-Qasr, Masaqin Hanano and Al-Maa’di. Among the dead are 13 civilians who were killed in an airstrike on the Saad Al-Ansari School in the Al-Ansari neighborhood. The victims included three teachers.

The latest escalation of the Aleppo bombing prompted the Directorate of Education to suspend schools and institutes until the end of this week.

The new wave of airstrikes followed a fatwa issued by the Assad regime’s grand Mufti Ahmad Hassoun, who called on the regime officials to “wipe out every area from which shells are fired, whatever its population are.”

Vice president of the Syrian Coalition Hisham Marwa said that Hassoun’s fatwa is a call to murder and crime, stressing that this call is no different from calls by extremist organizations in Syria for murder and extermination. “This fatwa represents an outright provocation on committing more war crimes and must be subjected to legal accountability. The file of war crimes in Syria must be referred to the International Criminal Court, and killing in Syria with imputing must come to and end,” Marwa said.

“Assad’s actions are organized state terrorism, for which he has dedicated all civil, military and religious institutions for the killing of civilians. These industrial crimes are no less grave than those committed by ISIS, by which the international community has been preoccupied while ignoring the root cause of its existence and expansion. (Source: Syrian Coalition)

Sometimes you wonder: don't these people have any fear of Allah at all? Assad may keep them safe in this life but they aren't going to have anyone to save them on the Day of Resurrection.

http://www.doamuslims.org/?p=2638
(edited 9 years ago)
Saw this on fb:

When you wake up for Fajr and have to wait to use the bathroom for wudhu.

No haram earnings fam :naughty:

Reply 8346
[video="youtube;4r_scr14SLU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r_scr14SLU[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife
Awesome :smile:

Other then poety, what interests you in sufism?

Saadagi to hamari zara dekhiye,
aitbaar aapke vaade per kar liya..

zindagi ke safar mein bahot dur tak,
jab koi dost aaya na humko nazar.
humne ghabra ke tanhaaiyon se sada,
ek dushman ko khud humsafar kar lia...

^ Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan for those who don't understand :smile:

From what I have researched and asked, Sufi Qalam and poetry praising Allah is legit as long as it doesn't use disallowed musical instruments or overstep into Shirk?
Original post by HAnwar
People actually support Musharraf?
What a vile man.

Ikr. I hate him too.
Original post by HAnwar
I don't understand people who are.

Imran Khan is overrated. All these people who like him are either cricket fans or like him because of his looks. He is nothing special and he sounds drunk when he talks.
[video="youtube;dI_FcLtsAhI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI_FcLtsAhI[/video]
Original post by The_K1NG
Imran Khan is overrated. All these people who like him are either cricket fans or like him because of his looks. He is nothing special and he sounds drunk when he talks.

Not true, and also not not true. One of the most ridiculous assumptions on here. Especially coming from someone that supports NS just because his family knows him.
Reply 8353
Original post by binarythoughts
Not true, and also not not true. One of the most ridiculous assumptions on here. Especially coming from someone that supports NS just because his family knows him.

Sis, avoid the politics or take it to PM/VM please - I don't see this ending well for anyone :lol:

Lol I don't even support NS and I don't blindly follow Imran either. :wink:
Lol I don't even support NS and I don't blindly follow Imran either. :wink:

I don't blindly follow him :wink:

As Ruh said this isn't going to end well so I guess I'll stop.
I don't blindly follow him :wink:

As Ruh said this isn't going to end well so I guess I'll stop.

Sorry if I offended you and yeah lets stop talking about the most evil thing in the world which is politics. :smile:
Original post by Mary562
Not feeling too well today. Please make some dua for me.

May Allah grant you health. :smile:
All these people who like him are either cricket fans or like him because of his looks.

lol you're wrong bro. I support him because he wants to improve Pakistan there needs to be a change atm everything is poor and you know that. He seems the right person to run the country.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kyoti
lol you're wrong bro. I support him because he wants to improve Pakistan there needs to be a change atm everything is poor and you know that. He seems the right person to run the country.

Ok bro. Tbh I don't take much interest in politics so I don't really know much about him and his party and their policies.

Latest

Trending

Trending